Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women’s team general discussion - Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

We had our chances. Wasn’t about shots on goal, was about wasted chances going forward where we didn’t even kick behinds. Same old story. Contest and effort was arguably better than the Crows all day.

At least Collingwood didn’t win, would have sucked to miss out on an MCG grand final

I know i already harped on it once, idk the attendance but looked like a good crowd in. Adelaide girls have played a GF in front of a massive crowd, of their own supporters. This is a good learning experience for our girls because it's not very often they've played against a big one sided crowd like that, it an exposure that shows how not used to it we are, but an exposure we will be better for.

btw not that it is the same, but if the MCG is avalible for grand finals, our club needs to work hard to secure home finals at the MCG. Just for exposure and feel, because if we had made it and had a game the MCG, it's hardly a home ground for us in the AFLW

Oh and btw, tradition at this point, while we are not playing in the Grand Final i would like to remind people the AFLW permiership favourites Carlton will not be either... they didn't even qualify

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paxy with her fifth AA selection. Hanks and L Pearce robbed.

Collingwood with four selections, Carlton, Richmond, Fremantle and North with two - then Brisbane and us with one even though we finished above all of those sides lmfao.

At least Hanksy won the RS.

L Pearce pretty stiff but there were lots of good mids this year so hard for Hanks to break through.
I think we had low numbers, like Brisbane, as we were both very even teams. Blackburn carried the Dogs most of the year, and Davey/Molloy/Bonnici starring was key to Collingwood's form over the season, whereas we generally had a solid group of regular performers who didn't quite get the same heights.

Autopsy

As the season began , i was not quite sure how it was going to pan out for us TBO. Lost a bit of depth and drafted kids < some of whom have had very good seasons , others have shown glimpses . I thought up until finals the only team that gave us a bath was the pies , the loss to the bulldogs was our own fault for woeful converting , a loss that came back to bite us as it played out .
The team turned Casey Fields into a home advantage , unbeaten there this last season a big positive .
Congratulations to our All Australian and rising star .
On a general note it does seem as each bunch of draftees into the league appear , the skill goes up a notch . I just hope the AFLW resists the ranting of Kennett and doesn't dilute the league again by bringing new teams in too soon .
Finally i am surprised with how little recognition L.Pearce got in the AFLW awards voting , and they could only fit 1 player from the lions in the all stars another surprise .
Anyway was a great season while it lasted .

Watching Hanks talk, she is very mature for her age. Very focused and driven to get the best out of herself and her teammates. Gonna say it now, but she will captain one day

The Casey Demons VFLW game against Port Melbourne (Richmond affiliate) at North Port Oval (10am first bounce) will also be the radio broadcast game from 9am on WARFRadio.com and 89.1FM at the ground.

Paxy and Hanks joint B&F winners, L Pearce 3rd.
Good result, and we'll deserved for the winners. Pearce beating Mithen or Hore to 3rd a bit surprising but she had a good year.

Stinear got an extension too. A bit of Goody 2018 about it imo, but he does seem to have a good rapport with the players and built a solid team.
The surprise for me was Cunningham getting so high up in the votes . Apart from that well done to the joint winners .

The surprise for me was Cunningham getting so high up in the votes . Apart from that well done to the joint winners .
Yeah didn't think I'd see her in the top 10. Goldrick (even with her injury) or Colvin better across the year. Parry was pretty solid up front too, although didn't get as many goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back