Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
If we don't make the granny this year then stinear must be sacked.

How we didn't at least make it in the last 2 seasons with the list we had, is beyond me.

No chance. Still no forward line. Prepare for another 50/1 inside 50 to goal ratio

Selection For Round 1. Five Debutants
Screen shot 2019-01-31 at 8.55.05 PM.png

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Sod Norf.

Don’t care if they win 25 AFLW premierships in a row. They are still Go North!
In case you didn’t realise - a Bigfooty widget just reprogrammed my last two words.

We might be ****ed in our conference, Contains both the undefeated teams in the league. Lose tomorrow and we are out right last in our conference

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
We might be ****** in our conference, Contains both the undefeated teams in the league. Lose tomorrow and we are out right last in our conference
I’m with Daisy on this one. I’m not a fan of this system.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Can't think of many AFLW players or fans that where for it. Stupid idea by the AFL
It was poorly thought through. It’s kind of like the rapid expansion of the league got agreed first without regard for the scheduling. Then AFL House went whoops, because the competition length was suddenly not adequate and they came up with this. And judging from the surprised and displeased reaction, they made the decision entirely without consulting.

It's also stupid because you play teams from the other conference. Resulting in the whole thing being useless.

It's such a short season with such a short finals series it's baffling they didn't just go with a ladder.

It's also stupid because you play teams from the other conference. Resulting in the whole thing being useless.

It's such a short season with such a short finals series it's baffling they didn't just go with a ladder.
Because they didn't want to extend the amount of rounds, which is stupid

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
The best 5 teams might all be in the same conference .
I think even at this point, 3 games in, you can comfortably say that the best 5 teams are all in the same conference, I mean, Carlton are on top of Conf B, and yesterday they won their first game since the first season.

Going to make things a bit weird come the finals, and thats not even considering the fact that if they were played next week, we miss out with an extra win, and +70%.

Terry Wallace was talking about it last week, if they don't change it on the run (the AFL? never!) and cross the conferences for the finals - so if at this point, North would play Geelong, and Carlton would play Freo, the GF is going to be really ugly.

Back