AFLW Around The Grounds - Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird game this Dogs vs Dees. Team with 7 scoring shots has match winning lead over team with 13. Accurate kicking ....

Edit: Game over. When was the last time a team had twice the scoring shots and lost?

Last edited:

I'm not sure which games were being referenced by folks who are bemoaning the skill/composure level of our team, but I'm wondering if they might be games where a top team is playing a lower team? In both the games today Bris/Adel and Melb/Dogs, the skills and composure on display were no better than what I've seen from Carlton.

I'm tipping that it's all just a metter of the pressure being applied, and so that's why things levelled up late in the season last year when these teams started to face tougher opponents. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen this year.

I'm not sure which games were being referenced by folks who are bemoaning the skill/composure level of our team, but I'm wondering if they might be games where a top team is playing a lower team? In both the games today Bris/Adel and Melb/Dogs, the skills and composure on display were no better than what I've seen from Carlton.

I'm tipping that it's all just a metter of the pressure being applied, and so that's why things levelled up late in the season last year when these teams started to face tougher opponents. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen this year.
Personally for myself and I’m guessing maybe others might be of the same opinion it’s mostly about the very basic errors that we have consistently kept doing/producing under no direct pressure at all that is a little frustrating...
Fumbling the ball a lot especially on the ground with nobody around...
Easy basic marks being dropped particularly chest marks, sprayed short passes that are way off their mark by metres or grub along the ground, basic handballing over very little distance as well, it’s mainly these things that are a little frustrating to watch when there’s no or very limited pressure on them at the time...
These are some of the basic things atm that if improved will improve the team a lot more, i know we are not the only team that have our skill issues there’s quite a few, that’s just where the AFLW competition sits atm...

Last edited:
Personally for myself and I’m guessing maybe others might be of the same opinion it’s mostly about the very basic errors that we have consistently kept doing/producing under no direct pressure at all that is a little frustrating...
Easy basic marks being dropped particularly chest marks, sprayed short passes that are way off their mark by metres or grub along the ground, basic handballing over very little distance as well, it’s mainly these things that are a little frustrating to watch when there’s no or very limited pressure on them at the time...
These are some of the basic things atm that if improved will improve the team a lot more, i know we are not the only team that have our skill issues there’s quite a few, that’s just where the AFLW competition sits atm...
Yep, saw all of those things in the games today, neither of which featured Carlton.

All I'm saying is that folks thinking we won't match it with the "better" teams in the competition, a comment that I've seen a few times, are probably not accounting for the pressure that will be brought to bear, both by our women and as the season starts to approach the pointy end.

Last edited:
Yep, saw all of those things in the games today, neither of which featured Carlton.

All I'm saying is that folks thinking we won't match it with the "better" teams in the competition, a comment that I've seen a few times, are probably not accounting for the pressure that will be brought to bear, both by our women and the as the season starts to approach the pointy end.
Few upsets this weekend with Melbourne and Kangaroos going down, shows that sometimes a little luck along with the required pressure and work rate, along with taking your chances at goal gives you a fighting chance...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11 game winstreak is pretty good, but Freo didn't play us or Melbourne at the end of last season (plus whoever they would have played in finals if they had made it without the shortened season) and haven't played North or Richmond in that time either.

Anyone think saints v crows is a horrible jumper clash or am I just getting old? Different color shorts only helps a little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back