Women's Footy AFLW Buddy Draft 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Buddy Szn Again!
Well folks the dubs season is finally almost upon us, so it's time to assign some posters to some players and have us a good old fashioned Buddy Draft!

Usual format applies:
  1. Reply in this thread if you wanna get involved, listing your top three (3) choices for your 2023 buddy,
  2. I will fire up the official BigFooty random number generator to determine the draft order,
  3. Players are selected based on the aforementioned draft order:
    1. If your first choice hasn't been selected then they are your buddy,
    2. If your first choice has been selected but your second choice hasn't then they are your buddy,
    3. And so on
  4. If there's more buddies than players then two buddies will be assigned to a player,
  5. ?
  6. Profit.
Here's a list of players from the Freo website which isn't 100% up to date * cough freo_dockers cough *:

1692076819875.png
1692077050604.png
Ariana Hetherington

Here's my three choices:

1) Ariana Hetherington
2) Sarah Verrier
3) Mim Strom

Who are you choosing???

1. Pew pew
2. Tuks
3. Airlie (not a real word) runnals
The way things are going you and I are gonna have to be buddies for a dozen players each!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Draft Is Afoot
Alright, time to make the magic happen! I've gotten the BigFooty Lottery Machine out of storage and have thrown nine (9) balls in it, one for each draftee.

giphy.gif

Get ready DragoDelph ImperialPurple King Tenz Snuffaluphagus Van_Dyke Drizzy muzzington Megalon IT'S BUDDY TIME!!!​

Come Get Y'All Buddies!
The first ball has emerged from the spinning machine, and it has number six (6) on it, which belongs to Van_Dyke!! Congrats Dutchy, and welcome to your 2023 Buddy - Aine Tighe!

The tumbling giver of numbers has produced the second ball which shows a nine (9). Megalon that's you, so you team up with Jess Low!

With the third ball, we coincidentally get number three (3). ImperialPurple's Drisco streak continues!!

The numbers keep on coming from the BigFooty Lottery Machine, and this time it's a ball with the number seven (7) emblazoned upon it. Unfortunately for Drizzy that's one spot off picking up Emma O'Driscoll but never fear, your second choice in Roxy Roux is an absolute gun as well!!

Ball number five has been spat out, which also coincidentally shows number five (5). Kudos to you Snuffaluphagus for getting your main (only?) choice in Mim Strom!!

And for the sixth ball to emerge from the rotating random numbering device, I have in my virtual hand a ball with number four (4) on it. That means King Tenz has Sarah Verrier as a buddy!

In the generally accepted calibration of the decimal numbering convention, seven comes after six. And the seventh ball to escape the machine is the one with the number eight (8) on it. Get up muzzington, you've been buddied up with Orlagh Lally!!

The penultimate ball (the eighth one for those playing at home) has number two (2) on it, proving that the early bird doesn't always get the worm. That's cool though DragoDelph as you still get your top choice in Laura Pugh!!

That leaves on ball remaining. So I get that ball out of the BigFooty Lottery Machine (I turn it off first, I'm not an idiot!!) and it comes as no surprise that my ball is the last one to be chosen, particularly if you have an awareness of my history with randomly generated online competitions. But like all good carny stalls, nobody leaves empty handed and I'm stoked that I'll be Ariana Hetherington's buddy for the upcoming season!

There you go, the 2023 AFLW Buddy Draft is done and dusted! To summarise, here's the Buddy List:​

Buddy
Person
Aine Tighe​
Van_Dyke​
Ariana Hetherington​
Tonga Bob​
Emma O'Driscoll​
ImperialPurple​
Jess Low​
Megalon​
Laura Pugh​
DragoDelph​
Makaela Tuhakaraina​
Beak_A​
Mim Strom​
Snuffaluphagus​
Orlagh Lally​
muzzington​
Roxy Roux​
Drizzy​
Sarah Verrier​
King Tenz​

If you didn't get a selection in on time then there's no need for wailing and gnashing of teeth. Reply in this thread by picking a player that doesn't have a buddy yet and I'll happily do the needful for you.

Now for the season to start!

LFG.gif

Last edited:
A bit slow on the start but moving quickly, thanks for organising Tonga Bob !

Could I please select Tuhakaraina

LFG !
Done and done. Awesome choice too! I was her buddy a couple of seasons ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back