AFLW - Carlton v Collingwood Season Opener Gameday Discussion/Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if we're counting it as Lily of Laguna by using the choral melody, then maybe we should count the pre-1940 racist version of that?
That is part of the history we would rather not celebrate, a bit like the appointment of DP or MM as coach.

Well if we're counting it as Lily of Laguna by using the choral melody, then maybe we should count the pre-1940 racist version of that?
you haven't always been such an argumentative prick

DaveySep6Article_620X370.jpg

We are the Davey Blues....

Just to bring some perspective to some of the debate that has taken place in this thread, the following are the scores for VFL Round 1, 1897:
Fitzroy 6.13.49 v Carlton 2.4.16
Collingwood 5.11.41 v St Kilda 2.4.16
Geelong 3.6.24 v Essendope 7.5.47
South Melbourne 3.9.27 v Melbourne 6.8.44

Round 3 saw South Melbourne 8.11.59 defeat St Kilda 0.2.2

Round 6 saw South Melbourne 2.4.16 lose to Geelong 1.13.19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs have changed their opening line, can't remember what they sang, but it definitely wasn't "Sons of the West"
Last week they sang 'team of the west' on field. This week they released a 'daughters of the west' version which I think they played at the ground (they played it on SEN coverage).

I can see the reasoning for releasing a female or neutral version where the original is male, but otherwise I think the two teams should have the same song.

Last week they sang 'team of the west' on field. This week they released a 'daughters of the west' version which I think they played at the ground (they played it on SEN coverage).

I can see the reasoning for releasing a female or neutral version where the original is male, but otherwise I think the two teams should have the same song.

We're the only other team old Carlton knows :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back