AFL Club
Carlton
5. Harrington
4. Prespakis
3. McEvoy
2. McKay
1. Pound

Unlucky: Gee, Moody, O'Dea

Thought Walker, Jones and Trudgeon showed a bit.

Felt Laloifi was a little down and Plane needs to get those errors out of her game.

Gab Pound is the female version of Kade Simpson.
Pretty much as I saw it also.
Would be good to see more of Dal Pos and Geurin in the middle.
Need more runners if we are going to continue to play the taxing defensive set up.

Seeing the fast movement through the guts was enjoyable.
Watching our bigger players put on some hard tackles and win the contested ball in crucial moments was as well.
Seeing ex Carlton players populate yet another AFLW team was another reminder that interstate teams have massive advantages as far as player retention goes.
If Moody could kick she would be the best player in the competition.
McKay is developing really well.
Pound is a very very smart player.
We are missing a marking tall up front.

Lots of fun watching this game.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
FJItmM2aUAApvil

Nov 5, 2012
Canberra
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
There can be only 1
finally watch the full game. Remarkable difference in skill execution compared to last week. Will put last week to 'blowing out the cobwebbs'.
Impressed by Moody, Gee, Stevens, Maddy, Lui, Plane, Goods and Harro.
They all played well and to a plan which was great to see.

O'Dea is one who I watch through fingers over my eyes as she can turn it over or inspire. Can not fault her endeavor but she does make poor choices.
Still happy she is in the team.

O'Dea is one who I watch through fingers over my eyes as she can turn it over or inspire. Can not fault her endeavor but she does make poor choices.
Still happy she is in the team.

Yeah, her kick into the middle of the ground, where there were only 3 cats players on their own was a real head scratcher ...

Although a much better performance than last week, I thought we were soundly beaten by the cats in aerial contests. I would be interested to know the contested mark stats. Does anyone know where Charlotte is? The defence is doing well, but I would feel better with her down there too.

But yeah, stellar game by Kez and Maddy.

Abby's start was incredible, she just goes from strength to strength, and her disposal has gone to the next level since last year. You can really see her trajectory, there's never been a question about her endeavour, but year one she just couldn't seem to get her hands on it. Last year, she was getting her hands on it, but disposal wasn't great. This year, she's added disposal efficiency to her game. So great to see that sort of steady improvement.

I'd love to know what it is about Bre's kicking, is it just a result of how tall she is? Does she have a bad ball drop? I hope they're working on it, cos if she gets that right, she'll be an absolute weapon. She can already do everything else ... even chase down tackles!

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Although a much better performance than last week, I thought we were soundly beaten by the cats in aerial contests. I would be interested to know the contested mark stats. Does anyone know where Charlotte is? The defence is doing well, but I would feel better with her down there too.

I agree we are missing Charlotte. Mua has been losing one on ones. We need someone to kill the aerial ball.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Have covid, so crashed last night and couldn't watch the game.

Pound is terrific, but I'm a mite concerned by the way we've concentrated all our users around half back, and how much we rely on Stevens and Vescio ahead of the ball. Moody is essentially Sandilands if Sandilands was also one of the fastest players out there. Harrington was terrific.

I liked how we tried to use the width of the ground and that let us get and go, didn't let them slow us down with ball in hand. Think we need to reassess how we approach half forward, we're still playing as though we have 2+ KPF's ahead of the ball as we did two seasons ago. We could also do with going for the art of the possible instead of trying WB in tight handballs as often as we do.

All in all, a better hitout than the previous week.

I'm off to bed.

Back