Women's Footy AFLW Crows in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that in general Vescio has a good point that applies to many players, but in the case of Brennan specifically I think questioning her loyalty is fair.

Brennan was a Tier 1 player moving to another club in the same city. Due to the AFLW salary cap there is no opportunity for an increased salary. She is not moving to another club in a different location to be better placed for work or family. So then the only remaining reason is she didn't like being at the Dogs which would suggest that she is indeed disloyal to them.

Is it her right to move? Yes. But in doing so she is not being loyal to the Dogs
Loyalty is a funny thing. Everyone expects it for some reason, but in reality, there's so many factors that play a part and being a star before the competition started implies she probably could've gone to any club. If she was happy at the Bulldogs, she would've stayed. End of story.

How is that possible? There are many more threads for the mens comp, it will just get buried. And I'm pretty sure chucking the AFLW page up between the backyard and locker room won't hurt anyone.
The more I think about it, the more I like the AFLW Crows subforum idea. Initially I didn’t see much need for a subforum, but I can see some use and some threads can be stickied in the subforum, suggestions:
- injuries thread
- draft/trade talks

The other point of a subforum, we can then have threads for each player and the ones who are injured or gossip-worthy can be discussed under the thread of their name sake. This way, it’s more easier to follow the progress of a certain player within a year or more.

And most importantly, having an AFLW subforum I don’t think it would hurt to try it out.

Yeah so why would you request a trade to there unless there is some sneaky stuff going on
Checked out the Carlton board; rumours include Collingwood offering big money job with benefits (because tier 1 players can be paid extra outside the cap) or partner being delisted by Carlton.

On a side note: Apparently Carlton only have the single tier 1 player (Bri Davey) instead of the two allowed, which means Tayla Harris went from tier 1 to tier 2 when moving to Carlton.

Last edited:
Checked out the Carlton board; rumours include Collingwood offering big money job with benefits (because tier 1 players can be paid extra outside the cap) or partner being delisted by Carlton.

On a side note: Apparently Carlton only have the single tier 1 player (Bri Davey) instead of the two allowed, which means Tayla Harris went from tier 1 to tier 2 when moving to Carlton.

Wait, you can pay tier 1 players extra? I remember you could give marquee players extra roles, didn't realise that carried on to the tier 1 players as well.

Why wouldn't Carlton put a second player at tier 1? Penny pinching to the extreme.

Wait, you can pay tier 1 players extra? I remember you could give marquee players extra roles, didn't realise that carried on to the tier 1 players as well.

Why wouldn't Carlton put a second player at tier 1? Penny pinching to the extreme.
Aren't marquee players and tier 1 players one and the same?

Tier 1 players have:
**ASAs (Additional Service Agreements) with a guaranteed minimum spend of $20,000 per club with no cap for 2019**

Whilst we were talking Collingwood
Signed: Sophie Alexander, Britt Bonnici, Lauren Butler, Mikala Cann, Steph Chiocci, Sarah Dargan, Erica Fowler, Eliza Hynes, Jaimee Lambert, Stacey Livingstone, Chloe Molloy, Ruby Schleicher
Delisted/Traded/Expansion Signing: Darcy Guttridge (St Kilda), Iilish Ross (Richmond)

Unsigned: Jordyn Allen, Ash Brazill, Sophie Casey, Sarah D'Arcy, Georgia Gourley, Emma Grant, Nicole Hildebrand, Melissa Kuys, Sharni Layton, Katie Lynch, Jordan Membray, Georgie Parker, Sarah Rowe, Maddie Shevlin, Kristy Stratton, Holy Whitford

There are some of their best players hanging in the breeze

While I understand its a different environment (currently) having B&F winners, Captains and others moving is really strange to see
Yeah it’s crazy. If there were two players I thought would not move it would have been Brennan and Davey.
Makes Randall staying another year even better. Don’t think anyone would have held any ill feeling if she went home to the Eagles after a couple of prems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it’s crazy. If there were two players I thought would not move it would have been Brennan and Davey. Makes Randall staying another year even better. Don’t think anyone would have held any ill feeling if she went home to the Eagles after a couple of prems.
I was expecting Randall to return to WA as well. Even though it's only another year, it shows great loyalty on her part to stick with the Crows knowing that Phillips will be out next year and leaving would leave us without a captain.

The only players I can't imagine ever moving are Vesico and Daisy Pearce. They'll be with their teams for life.
Maybe tell Carlton that. They seem quite shocked and pissed off by it.
They're all well aware of her attempt to move last season as well, so I think it comes to no surprise to the hardcore Carlton fans, but it'd still sting. I guess it'd be likened to Phillips moving to Port. Thank goodness for us, Port don't have a team.

Hatchard is on a two-year contract and the phrasing makes it unclear whether Varnhagen, Jones and Scheer are also on that length of contract

"Hatchard, 21, has signed a two-year contract, alongside winger Deni Varnhagen and forwards Eloise Jones and Chloe Scheer."

Hatchard is on a two-year contract and the phrasing makes it unclear whether Varnhagen, Jones and Scheer are also on that length of contract

"Hatchard, 21, has signed a two-year contract, alongside winger Deni Varnhagen and forwards Eloise Jones and Chloe Scheer."
I mean the way it's worded suggests all of them signed for 2 years but it leaves it open for speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back