Women's Footy AFLW Draft- Tuesday 11am Fox Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

We've easily won this draft no matter what happens now four top 10 picks and not using one for Grant I was certain we'd have to use pick 9 or 10 for her.

We are building some very solid foundations for the next 5+ years and don't forget that player movement won't be as common from this year forward with longer contracts now available along with larget talent pools.

You certainly did by a long way
Gabby Newton, Nell Morris-Dalton, Gemma Lagioia and Elisabeth Georgostathis are guns
Isabella Grant and Britney Gutknecht at those picks is daylight robbery
Amelia Van Oosterwijck is very handy
Enjoy the coming AFLW season, I'm sure you'll go very well

You certainly did by a long way
Gabby Newton, Nell Morris-Dalton, Gemma Lagioia and Elisabeth Georgostathis are guns
Isabella Grant and Britney Gutknecht at those picks is daylight robbery
Amelia Van Oosterwijck is very handy
Enjoy the coming AFLW season, I'm sure you'll go very well
Thanks. Losing Conti was a blow (not so much Brennan) but this bunch of exciting players may make it a win for us in the longer term.

Hey, is Stan Judkins the great grand father of Cotch? That hair ...!

Thanks. Losing Conti was a blow (not so much Brennan) but this bunch of exciting players may make it a win for us in the longer term.

Cotchin’s offspring are actually Rick Kennedy’s grandchildren - but if they’re any good we’ll never get our hands on them. ☹️

The Stan Judkins hairdo was standard issue 1920s to late 1930s VFL players, Cotchin is a cheap imitator
Ah Conti, the AFLW expansion curse, i'm sure the girls you recruited will make you forget soon enough

If anyone wants a glimpse of how our forward line might look all our picks played together for Vic metro.

This game they blew out Vic country 70 vs 26 with Grant kicking 3 goals, Morris-Dalton 2 (should have been 3, missed a sitter from 10m out lol), Newton and Georgostathis 1 each.

Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed watching the girls play. I have watched a little bit of AFLW and didn’t really enjoy the standard too much. Only a few girls on each team could really play but the standard in that NAB u18 game was pretty good. These young girls will really make a big impression on the AFLW. It was great to watch so many of the new Bulldogs playing so well and having such a big impact. You could also see why the other girls who got picked up high in the draft got selected where they did. The girls that got selected by Carlton and StKilda were both really good as well. I also like McKenzie from the Northern Knights, not sure where she got selected but whoever picked up her got a good one too. Looking forward to watching these girls play for the Dogs over the coming years, hopefully we can hang onto them and they don’t get poached by other clubs. Morris-Dalton and Newton are both standouts.

Pick 1 – Gabby Newton

Height: 175cm
Club: Northern Knights/Carlton VFLW

Gabby Newton’s credentials speak for themselves, after two dominant underage seasons for Victoria Metro and the Northern Knights.

Newton averaged 16 disposals, four marks and four tackles per game as Victoria Metro went through the 2019 NAB AFLW Under-18 Championships undefeated, earning All Australian selection for the second year running.

The 178-centimetre utility also captained the Knights to the 2019 NAB League Girls premiership, averaging 19 disposals and five tackles per game to claim back-to-back Knights’ best and fairest awards and be named in the NAB League Team of the Year.

Pick 6 – Nell Morris-Dalton

Height: 176cm
Club: Northern Knights/Darebin Falcons VFLW

A strong pre-season paid off for Nell Morris-Dalton, who made her presence felt in important games – largely as a key forward.

The 18-year-old had a major impact in the Northern Knights’ NAB League finals campaign, kicking seven goals across the two matches and earning selection in the Team of the Year.

Morris-Dalton also represented Victoria Metro at the NAB AFLW Under-18 Championships and featured at VFLW level for the Darebin Falcons.

Pick 8 – Gemma Lagioia

Height: 160cm
Club: Oakleigh Chargers/Collingwood VFLW

Gemma Lagioia is a proven ball-winner with elite speed.

The 18-year-old averaged almost 15 disposals per match for the Oakleigh Chargers in the NAB League, and represented Victoria Metro and Collingwood VFL throughout the year.

Lagioia was a member of the Magpies’ VFLW premiership side, which defeated the Bulldogs in the final.

Pick 9 – Elisabeth Georgostathis

Height: 161cm
Club: Western Jets/Western Bulldogs VFLW

Pulling on the red, white and blue will be familiar for Elisabeth Georgostathis.

The western suburbs product has come through the Western Jets program in the NAB League, before representing the Bulldogs in the VFLW competition and Victoria Metro.

Georgostathis captained the Jets and won their best and fairest, averaging almost 20 disposals and more than four tackles per game to feature in the NAB League Team of the Year.

The Western Bulldogs have the following selections remaining.

Pick 47 - Isabella Grant
Height: 175cm
Club: Western Jets

Isabella Grant has followed in the footsteps of her famous father, Chris, and becomes the Bulldogs’ first father-daughter selection.

The 18-year-old has come through Spotswood FC and the Western Jets, before representing Victoria Metro.

A member of the 2019 NAB League Team of the Year, Grant has made her name primarily as a forward with strong marking ability and good forward craft.

The Bulldogs have welcomed a third Northern Knights product in the draft, in ball-winner Britney Gutknecht.

A member of the Knights’ 2019 NAB League premiership team, Gutknect averaged almost 17 tackles and five tackles per game for the Knights.

The 18-year-old also represented Victoria Metro and featured at VFLW level for Carlton.

https://twitter.com/BulldogsW

Round 4

Pick 62 - Amelia Van Oosterwijck
Height: 164cm
Club: Oakleigh Chargers

Amelia Van Oosterwijck is a small midfielder with pace to burn.

The 18-year-old averaged 11 disposals and 5.1 tackles per game for the Oakleigh Chargers in the 2019 NAB League competition, and represented Victoria Metro.

Van Oosterwijck joins her Chargers’ teammate Gemma Lagioia (pick eight) on the Bulldogs’ list.
Every one of those could be in your starting team game 1, and be in your best players.

Gaah!! Work is s**t..what sort of boss goes on holidays at the busiest time of year and leaves you to clean up his mess while still trying to do your job

My boss. He is totally a Fu@*ing A$$hole

In all the crappiness that is work at the moment, we only gave up a duplicitous traitor in Katie Brennan and Mon Conti for seven freaken weapons

I am gonna take that personally and claim it as a win. Of course it is not. None of it was my doing but that is the magic of AFLW football. Keener observers may have been tracking them for a while but now they are Bulldogs players

Welcome Gabby Newton, Nell Morris-Dalton, Gemma Lagioia, Elisabeth Georgostathis , Isabella Grant, Britney Gutknecht and Amelia Van Oosterwijck

I did not find a suitable charles Boyle/party bus GIF but it does not matter

They are Bulldogs

Your pretty handsome yourself, Ivan Rasmussen who played 35 games for Footscray between 1973-75 :)👍

Thanks Stan, but dogwatch was the one admiring your hair! The correct spelling of Rasmussen is as you’ve noted - my extra s is a deliberate variance - I may be the real Ivan, or I may not. I did enjoy my VFL experience though, and subsequent VFA career at Port Melbourne! 😉

I did a bit of scouting for Collingwood's AFLW team last year, and was super upset when I found out NMD was an underager at the time and not available last year. Not surprised at all to see her go so high this year, and super pumped she's in the red white and blue.

Thanks Stan, but dogwatch was the one admiring your hair! The correct spelling of Rasmussen is as you’ve noted - my extra s is a deliberate variance - I may be the real Ivan, or I may not. I did enjoy my VFL experience though, and subsequent VFA career at Port Melbourne! 😉
Thanks for correcting the record, Ivan.
Being the handsome one I feel it's important to get the attribution right. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaah!! Work is s**t..what sort of boss goes on holidays at the busiest time of year and leaves you to clean up his mess while still trying to do your job

My boss. He is totally a Fu@*ing A$$hole

In all the crappiness that is work at the moment, we only gave up a duplicitous traitor in Katie Brennan and Mon Conti for seven freaken weapons

I am gonna take that personally and claim it as a win. Of course it is not. None of it was my doing but that is the magic of AFLW football. Keener observers may have been tracking them for a while but now they are Bulldogs players

Welcome Gabby Newton, Nell Morris-Dalton, Gemma Lagioia, Elisabeth Georgostathis , Isabella Grant, Britney Gutknecht and Amelia Van Oosterwijck

I did not find a suitable charles Boyle/party bus GIF but it does not matter

They are Bulldogs

"duplicitous traitor", I like it :) 👍

Yes my bad, dogwatch does have appealing qualities as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back