AFLW Fixture Release: Football returns to Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond 2021 AFLW Fixture:
Round 1 v Brisbane at Swinburne Centre, Sunday January 31 - 1.10pm
Round 2 v West Coast at Mineral Resources Park, WA, Saturday February 27 - 2.10pm
Round 3 v Geelong at Swinburne Centre, Sunday February 14 - 1.10pm
Round 4 v Western Bulldogs at Victoria University Whitten Oval, Saturday February 20 - 5.10pm
Round 5 v North Melbourne at North Hobart Oval, TAS, Saturday February 27 - 3.10pm
Round 6 v Melbourne at Casey Fields, Saturday March 6 - 3.10pm
Round 7 v Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium, Friday March 12 - 7.50pm
Round 8 v Adelaide at Swinburne Centre, Friday March 19- 5.10pm
Round 9 v St Kilda at Swinburne Centre, Sunday March 28 - 4.10pm

Richmond 2021 AFLW Fixture:
Round 1 v Brisbane at Swinburne Centre, Sunday January 31 - 1.10pm
Round 2 v West Coast at Mineral Resources Park, WA, Saturday February 27 - 2.10pm
Round 3 v Geelong at Swinburne Centre, Sunday February 14 - 1.10pm
Round 4 v Western Bulldogs at Victoria University Whitten Oval, Saturday February 20 - 5.10pm
Round 5 v North Melbourne at North Hobart Oval, TAS, Saturday February 27 - 3.10pm
Round 6 v Melbourne at Casey Fields, Saturday March 6 - 3.10pm
Round 7 v Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium, Friday March 12 - 7.50pm
Round 8 v Adelaide at Swinburne Centre, Friday March 19- 5.10pm
Round 9 v St Kilda at Swinburne Centre, Sunday March 28 - 4.10pm
Great I’ll def go to a game now , makes sense to start AFLW at Punt rd until we outgrow it

Great I’ll def go to a game now , makes sense to start AFLW at Punt rd until we outgrow it

Apparently the first game a Richmond side has played for premiership points at Punt Road Oval since 1964
No seating in the Jack Dyer Stand as Structural engineers did not clear the stand as safe to patrons, limiting the potential crowd number.

Apparently the first game a Richmond side has played for premiership points at Punt Road Oval since 1964
No seating in the Jack Dyer Stand as Structural engineers did not clear the stand as safe to patrons, limiting the potential crowd number.
Yep saw that , only fit a few thousand but be lucky to exceed that anyways

Interesting to see if WA government allow the AFLW to go to Perth.

This draw could change due to GWS as well

Do we have a match report from today’s practice match against the dogs?
Saw we lost 3.11 to 6.7

not yet
all i know is wakefield kicked 2 goals and bernardi kicked 1 goal
we started with 2 goals in the first half leading 18-10, but only 1 goal after that as the bulldogs ran over the top of us
brennani and hosking prominent for us and Blackburn for dogs
plenty of opportunities inside 50 but unable to convert (sounds familiar to last year)
fredrick did a few nice things as did cordner and monahan

not yet
we started with 2 goals in the first half leading 18-10, but only 1 goal after that as the bulldogs ran over the top of us
plenty of opportunities inside 50 but unable to convert (sounds familiar to last year)
I think we started the match 2.5 17 - 0.0 0 too. Bulldogs actually had quite a few out as well while we were closer to full strength. The accuracy and wasted chances are reminiscent of last year, but at least we seemed to be more competitive by the sounds of it.

I think we started the match 2.5 17 - 0.0 0 too. Bulldogs actually had quite a few out as well while we were closer to full strength. The accuracy and wasted chances are reminiscent of last year, but at least we seemed to be more competitive by the sounds of it.
The highlights looked to be much better qty than what I’ve seen before , the girls def look fitter , surely we ll win a game or two

not yet

Yep, is this a 2020 game report Stan - With the exception of Hosking and Cordner, I'm sure you just cut and pasted

I've put up a post with the match details as written by RFC website

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The highlights looked to be much better qty than what I’ve seen before , the girls def look fitter , surely we ll win a game or two

Yeah some good passages of play and a few end to end plays that resulted in behinds 🤦‍♂️ , can't fault the effort and execution of skills
The kicking and handball at least has improved(hitting targets), but am worried that Wakefield seems to again be our only effective forward(kicks goals)
Even though we look to have improved our ball movement, unfortunately so have the other sides that we'll play
We look like we'll be at least 50/50 chance in a few games, still baby steps i'd say

Changes to draw announced today

Round 1 v Brisbane at Swinburne Centre, Sunday January 31 - 2.10pm
Round 2 v Melbourne at Casey Fields, Saturday February 6 - 5.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back