Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

Sarah Black likes our drafting :) I agree - we got three midfielders who are versatile enough to play other roles. All have speed which is something we needed more of.

Would have loved Davison given her ties to a bunch of players on our list and being best friends with Morrison (and perhaps Verrier as well?).

Some other articles people might like if they haven't read them previously...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am woefully ignorant here so sorry for any stupidity on my behalf but injuries rates are higher in the AFLW right, or is that just knee injuries?

Should recruiters be more weary of a drafting someone who has a strong injury history already?
Increased hip to knee ratio increases the likelihood of knee injuries.

Not sure recruiters would consider that.

I am so pumped for the new AFLW season and hope it doesn't fall victim to COVID again. I'm backing us to win 2-3 flags in the next 5 years - including next year. Imagine all of that pent up frustration from the way the 2020 season finished.

In ten years time when the game becomes a true professional sport - where the girls are full-time players and there is a free for all draft - the fans of other teams will stick a huge asterisk next to our success and bemoan the fact we had a 100% and then 50% access to the WA talent pool - whilst the Vic teams had a 1 in 6/8/10 access to the Vic talent pool. It will be so sweet to hear the West Coast fans go on about us having effectively a state team for the first 4-5 seasons...

...but we will still have all of the flags flying over Cockburn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back