Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez the WC women's team has some serious talent. That little toe poke was amazing. And the mark in the goal square was solid as well.

It is just two random teams from a pool of WA players atm isn't it? So if we get the team then we have the lot to choose from? I hope so at least.

Fast forward this to in a few years time. Full time training giving a bigger fitness base and skills, more time for coaching plans etc. Will be good :)

As it is, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of some of those tackles, a few hard crunches in there, they aint shrinking violets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I noted though, and with a couple of exceptions, a lot of the shepherd attempts didn't go very far. Maybe that's just training though.

A lass, err, I mean, alas, the teams have been hastily cobbled together. These are just exhibition teams, so the country players still live in the country.

When the teams are properly constituted and there is an actual competition, players will relocate and be able to train together, along with coaching and other stuff being sorted out properly.

To date Fremantle while interested and supportive of a Women's AFL, they want to see more detail from the AFL (structure, etc) before making a rival bid for the only WA licence next year. Where as West Coast's CEO is very keen to secure the one WA team licence on offer for next year, before even receiving more details and information from the AFL about their women's league.
Hopefully eventually sooner rather than later, the Women Dockers (if not already) will have all the talent, support, resources and funds to gain a licence to join the league.

Last edited:
Based on the proposals i will be disgusted if west coast get it. If we get it I'll be getting right into it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back