Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

In all my years of watching footy I have never seen a team (men or women's) that have so clearly been the worst team on the ground and still won. They legitimately stole that game.

Reminded me of the mens game vs the Saints last year. Completely outplayed in the first quarter but a second that started to turn the tide and then ran over them in the fourth. To say we were the worst side after Q1 is just not the right reflection on the game. If it were boxing, then the quarters would be scored:

- Q1: Blues by a knockout
- Q2: Freo on points
- Q3: Split judges
- Q4: Freo by a TKO

So anyone know what the deal is with TV coverage this weekend ? Just see that the next game is up against the Weagles Mens team vs Gold Coast.

Holey forkin shirtballs! Emma Swanson 2 weeks (even with guilty plea) for rough contact. 😵 Careless conduct, high impact, high contact against Georgie Rankin in the 4th.

Season over then
i think she will be secretly relieved to have a rest. She worked a full firey shift the night before and went back to work that night after the game to do another one.

if people want to know why Gooch and Swanson have dropped off this year in influence, speed, etc. it's because they are completely knackered. And they are first years so get moved around houses and haven't been around long enough/built up enough relationships and credits to swap shifts. They just do what they have to giving everything 100%. She and Goochie are superhuman.

i think she will be secretly relieved to have a rest. She worked a full firey shift the night before and went back to work that night after the game to do another one.

if people want to know why Gooch and Swanson have dropped off this year in influence, speed, etc. it's because they are completely knackered. And they are first years so get moved around houses and haven't been around long enough/built up enough relationships and credits to swap shifts. They just do what they have to giving everything 100%. She and Goochie are superhuman.
So much respect for the two of them. I didn’t know the details of her work the previous two nights, but as brand newbies their minds and bodies wouldn’t be hardened to that work, so it would be both physically and mentally draining, no matter how fit they are.
Still a two week suspension is tough (not saying it was unwarranted) for a much respected player of the comp, and one who has pretty much held that team together since Hooker went down.

We really do need to bottle Sabreena Duffy and inject her into one (or all) of our mens team's forwards. Ultra talented, smart, humble, team player, game winner, entertaining...
She's phenomenal, i think she's my fave player i just love watching her so much. The most dangerous forward in the league by far, they might not rate her as her impact isn't sustained, but there is no one else in the league as capable of winning a team a game as her... and i stand by that, come @ me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's phenomenal, i think she's my fave player i just love watching her so much. The most dangerous forward in the league by far, they might not rate her as her impact isn't sustained, but there is no one else in the league as capable of winning a team a game as her... and i stand by that, come @ me
She always stays on her feet.

Duffy understands when she will get tackled straight away and doesn’t take possession.

She either pushes them off the ball or seagulls a ball handling error.

Extremely clever.

She always stays on her feet.

Duffy understands when she will get tackled straight away and doesn’t take possession.

She either pushes them off the ball or seagulls a ball handling error.

Extremely clever.
so crazy clever!! even that tackle as she kicked her first goal where she got taken down, she was up so fast

Not an “athlete”, just knows how to play footy.

Footy know how >>>>>> athlete.

I wonder why KJG has been dropped? I thought she was ok last week
Spots in the 21 are like gold nuggets. My baby buddy made a critical error at the top of the defensive 50, which led directly to a goal. Maybe staying in the team is as simple as one mistake where your indecisiveness costs the team a goal.

(That said - it really is only Turbo keeping her out. They play the same position, so Bowers better keep looking over her shoulder cos KJ is comin’ for her!)

KJ also doesn't look like her legs enjoy running yet, she might have heavy feet after a couple of hard games.
She wasn’t in great nick when they came back for preseason. Maybe her fitness and ability to run out games still need some work.

Or better yet, cereal. There’s enough toast in the media as it is.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back