Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just watched the footage on Kayo 5 times, how the hell wasn't that holding the ball? They actually banned her for that? Am i going crazy?

The dees player got twisted up in the tackle, Bowers did nothing wrong wtf

I've just watched the footage on Kayo 5 times, how the hell wasn't that holding the ball? They actually banned her for that? Am i going crazy?

The dees player got twisted up in the tackle, Bowers did nothing wrong wtf
It was pretty crude, and Zanker landed on the side of her head. I think we’d be wanting a suspension if it happened to one of our players. But then it is us, and they’ve invoked the Fremantle rule (item 73, section 3, point 4) on us - no one playing against Freo would be suspended for that.

I’m with Taylor - appeal, it’s one match either way. But then - we’ve now seen the Fremantle rule applied at WAFL level, so is it really worth it? 😤

fyi, some misogynist has opened a thread on this board called 'board decisions' where he is criticising the clubs investment in the womens program and blaming that on our lack of success in the mens program. I am fuming, what the actual F

Let me guess? Wigarus? I’m surprised he’s still got people on here that aren’t ignoring him. A total nut job.

fyi, some misogynist has opened a thread on this board called 'board decisions' where he is criticising the clubs investment in the womens program and blaming that on our lack of success in the mens program. I am fuming, what the actual F
If I open it will my internal rage fire up? If so I’ll leave the dick to his own complaings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to say that rivals the luckiest day at the tribunal by a Freo player ever.
It's an ugly tackle but it looks so much worse than it actually was. There was no malice or any indication of it in the tackle, no pinning, slinging, spearing or anything like that. and the player was fine, played out the game and won't miss any training or anything thankfully

It's an ugly tackle but it looks so much worse than it actually was. There was no malice or any indication of it in the tackle, no pinning, slinging, spearing or anything like that. and the player was fine, played out the game and won't miss any training or anything thankfully

I am very thankful there was no lnjury but it was a dangerous tackle, in my opinion, and the original penalty was correct, especially in relation to protecting a players head/neck.
Having said that, I am delighted to see her play on the weekend and I hope she helps us win and gets the b&f, but she
is one lucky lady to have the opportunity.

The WAFLW Rd 5 stream on the weekend was Swans v Subi. Worth a watch if you want to watch Mikayla Morrison being a clear stand out just from her class and pretty much win Swans the game by the end of the first quarter (I've only watched a qtr so far). She has two shots on goal in the first few minutes. Kicks a goal later and sets up another 1 or 2 goals. I'm not convinced she is ready for AFLW yet but get her fitness to the level (next year) and I'm very confident she will be just as dangerous as our other forwards - Freo's forward line going to be even more scary. Hyde looked good in the moments she had the ball on the outside as well. Didn't see Tester but assuming she played for Subi as well.

If you do watch it, check out #3 for Swans, Dana East. She's a ball magnet but watching the other week she turned it over a bit much. Seems to have neatened up her disposal from what I saw. Think she's a very good chance to get drafted this year. Also thought Taylor (16yo) and Henry (15yo) didn't look out of place playing senior footy either. Women's footy looks like it is going to evolve quickly with these youngsters playing senior footy so young.

Prespakis comparison has come out. Is it just me being a Freo nuff or are they not alike? Zander was already in process of tripping and heading towards the ground, whereas Hosking looks like she was lifted somewhat?

Swans vs Claremont is being streamed this week @ 11am (whilst the AFLW game is on - can watch later though). Morrison and Hyde both playing for the Swans. McLachlan and Tester (back in after bring an out yesterday) are playing for Subi v SF @ 5pm. Gooch and Williams playing for EF v Peel tomorrow @2pm.

If you are keen on watching some of the up-and-comers in the u19s the game (tomorrow morning) is available here:

And here's the Swans v Claremont stream...

With Melbourne beating Brisbane, we now have to win 3 straight away finals - all against teams better than North.

Hate to say it, but we blew it.
It's been 26 years...what's one more year? 🤣

Haven't brisbane teams just had a great 24 hours FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back