Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just not quite good enough when and where it mattered this year. Lots to look forward too though, a brush up on our skills and some further development and we’ll be there about again.

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
Feel loathed to criticise a non-fulltime 19 year old Ruck, but Mim Strom just doesn't cut it. She's too much the deer in headlights and not strong enough to win many hit outs and to advantage. I've watched her closely this year, and it's not all on her - but she shirks a lot of contests and stands off way too much. I feel if we had a better ruck, we might have been a lot stronger in the middle and consequently been better across all quarters as the season has progressed. I also think we missed Hooker way more than perhaps we would let on, as a club. It hurt us losing 8 players to the Toast because of the stupidity of the competition's system.

Good luck for the Finals, but I feel as though they've regressed and gone into freefall a bit these latter rounds. Can't see the girls getting it done this year, but I wish them all the best. Whilst you're still in it, you can still win it I guess....

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
2 bull FA's for shots in final term = w margin and the loss. but the team has been 'off' last couple - almost as if comp has figured and nullified the run n gun plan.
Teams can a sweeper and don’t let our get out the back.

Then they flood to stop any one on ones in the 50f.

Because we don’t keep width they transfer the ball to the flat side.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
F2902712-9B70-45F2-BA6B-F9A875D19829.png

5th. When Adelaide beat Collingwood that’s where we’ll finish. Only have ourselves to blame... 🤬

My prediction for top 6, based on the round so far, and tipping the Crows to beat the Pies:

1. Adelaide
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Melbourne
5. Fremantle
6. North Melbourne

Hopefully we’ve learnt our lesson today (we’ve been saying that for a few weeks now), had a good look and got a feel for Casey Fields, be breathing fire after losing to Melbourne on our home turf, and win the final against Melbourne.

Then week-by-week as they say...

Last edited:

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
View attachment 1087380
5th. When Adelaide beat Collingwood that’s where we’ll finish. Only have ourselves to blame... 🤬

My prediction for top 6, based on the round so far, and tipping the Crows to beat the Pies:

1. Adelaide
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Melbourne
5. Fremantle
6. North Melbourne

Hopefully we’ve learnt our lesson today (we’ve been saying that for a few weeks now), had a good look and got a feel for Casey Fields, be breathing fire after losing to Melbourne on our home turf, and win the final against Melbourne.

Then week-by-week as they say...

Calling an Adelaide flag as well? It is an odd-numbered year.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Calling an Adelaide flag as well? It is an odd-numbered year.
Look, Erin Phillips is just about my favourite player in the comp. If she were to retire at the end of this season, and she went out with a flag in her swan song game, that would be my next choice after Freo winning it.

That said, for one team - esp one we pantsed and embarrassed the s**t out of on their home ground - were to not only win it, but for it to be their third in 5 years, after we were f***ed over last year... well that’s just plain RUDE!

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I’m so invested in the girls that I actually forgot the boys are playing this weekend. Maybe there’s only so much pain one can take...
Come on Imperial, you know what it takes to be a Fremantle supporter! Fetch the battery, get those jumper cables ready and dust off the torture rack - we've got a game to watch! Hahaha

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Melbourne won't have Daisy Pearce next week by the looks of the injury she got. Gives us a good chance to turn it around against them. Couple of simple things like not giving them a 4 goal start, and maybe putting the clamps on Paxman in the midfield.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apparently Mikayla Morrison managed to get herself a 3 week suspension from the WAFLW for a tackle. So we won't be seeing her debut during finals. Next year!

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Damn. That was the one change I was thinking of. Who replaces Drisco now?
If she comes out there's 'Show me some KJ', Gooch or Williams who have all been playing well in the AFLW / WAFLW (thought KJ was still to get the boot last week, despite buddy status).

Of course I'm on 'Show me some KJ', but there would have to be a shuffle of the cards to get someone else back in defence to replace O'Driscoll down there. Gooch is Ms Reliable, but Williams is quicker.

Look, let's just go with the KJ option. Everyone else is just making up numbers anyway.

Back