Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
If she comes out there's 'Show me some KJ', Gooch or Williams who have all been playing well in the AFLW / WAFLW (thought KJ was still to get the boot last week, despite buddy status).

Of course I'm on 'Show me some KJ', but there would have to be a shuffle of the cards to get someone else back in defence to replace O'Driscoll down there. Gooch is Ms Reliable, but Williams is quicker.

Look, let's just go with the KJ option. Everyone else is just making up numbers anyway.
She played a good game for Peel on the weekend. Hyde carved it up for Swans. Pretty crazy Williams has yet to break into our team (pre Cuthbo was probably our best defender). I'd be happy with any or all these three coming in.

1617081475128.png

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
We play Melbourne and if we win then we play Adelaide. So only impacts us if Brisbane reach the GF. In which case it could be at Optus if Qld is still not an option. If North Melbourne reaches the GF (and we do) it is also played at Optus.

Highly unlikely scenarios.
If it gets to the point of Brisbane hosting the GF and there are restrictions in Brisbane, you would think they would give them the option of choosing a their preferred backup venue. After all, its still their game to host. I reckon they would probably choose Gold Coast or Sydney but the AFL may pressure them to choose say Ikon Park.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Well deserved Cuthbertson! She was great this year, I hope she makes the final team.
She won’t, she’s not from a Victorian team or Brisbane (very, very happy if I’m proven wrong and Cuthbo makes the final cut). Hayley Miller is criminally underrated, Steph Cain also. And dead-set surprised Sabreena Duffy didn’t make it into the 40.

Last edited:

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
She won’t, she’s not from a Victorian team or Brisbane (very, very happy if I’m proven wrong). Hayley Miller is criminally underrated, Steph Cain also. And dead-set surprised Sabreena Duffy didn’t make it into the 40.
Hehe, refer to your initial sentence =P

Back