Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

No Excuses FC

Senior List
Sep 6, 2017
Porto Alegre (Brazil)
AFL Club
Fremantle
She has had an average year with one or two good games. She runs hard and gets involved but she is one of the players we need to step up if we are going to win the lot this season.

Agree to disagree. She is one of the most important players tactically speaking, IMHO. Can play anywhere and makes it look easy.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Agree to disagree. She is one of the most important players tactically speaking, IMHO. Can play anywhere and makes it look easy.

We both agree she is one of the most important tactically. Personally based on performance this season aside from the obvious (turbo & Gemma) all of Cuthbertson, Cain and Miller have had better seasons.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
And E Antonio as well.
She’s had a cracker of a season with her consistency, but only a couple of standout games. But I agree. If she isn’t in the top 40 players, then this is more bollocks than Richmond having more players in than us.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
And E Antonio as well.
No one can tell me for a millisecond that Mikayla Bowen has had a better season that Ebony. I like Bowen as a player, and she’ll only get better as she gets older, but she’s not yet fit to carry Ebony’s kitbag.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
unfinished business

Attachments

• A134429A-31C0-4F58-9360-0E9E7C869A58.png
    A134429A-31C0-4F58-9360-0E9E7C869A58.png
    764.3 KB · Views: 60

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Looking like Melbourne are the 2020 AFLW preliminary finalist team that's gone the furthest in 2021. Highest ladder finish out of that group and looks like they'll be the only ones to make it to second weeks of finals.

Not bad for a team that traded out established players to go back to the draft.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
The WA u19s play VicM tomorrow morning at 8am our time. You can find the live stream here (I don't think you can access replays though :():

Heard Courtney Rowley was best on in that last game against the Allies. Amy Franklin played as a key defender. Want Rowley but will not be upset getting Franklin either.

The WA u19s play VicM tomorrow morning at 8am our time. You can find the live stream here (I don't think you can access replays though :():

Heard Courtney Rowley was best on in that last game against the Allies. Amy Franklin played as a key defender. Want Rowley but will not be upset getting Franklin either.
Might not get either.
Trade period moved back to may, commission is meeting to discuss expansion and concessions

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well that wasn't a bad game. Chloe Reilly had a kick after the siren to win the game for WA but just missed. Would have really liked to have seen them stick it up the Vic Metro side, the commentators and the umpires who I don't think paid a single free kick to WA in the whole time I watched (which was over half the game).

Ella Roberts was a class above everybody on the ground - 31 disposals and just dominated wherever she was. The Vic commentators too busy crapping on about the Vic players to give her the props she deserved. It's still very clearly the VFL - I really don't think they realise how embarrassingly biased they look to the four fifths of the population that don't live in Vic.

Rowley had a bit of a mare for part of the game (2nd qtr) but was probably the main reason WA were a chance at the end. Franklin was really good without starring - so much to work with though. If these two aren't picks #1 and #2 this year I will be very surprised. The AFL better not screw us yet again.

Reilly should get drafted. Really liked Wright as well - explosive speed and really good skills from what I saw - looks like a heap of upside. East was a bit up and down but would be in the mix to be drafted. Anderson had some good moments and won a fair bit of the ball but not as impactful as she can be at this level from what I saw.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wrote this in the Josh Treacy thread by accident, lmao, but i said i wouldn't be surprised to see Katie Loynes on our list next year after she spent a week or so with the Antonios recently

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wrote this in the Josh Treacy thread by accident, lmao, but i said i wouldn't be surprised to see Katie Loynes on our list next year after she spent a week or so with the Antonios recently
Isn't she 35yo? Think we need to just go to the draft. Quite a few youngsters will make some of our current players look below average in a few years.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Isn't she 35yo? Think we need to just go to the draft. Quite a few youngsters will make some of our current players look below average in a few years.
I agree, and i hope thats what we do.
It's a relief we have one of the youngest teams already because it looks like eagles will be getting a few hand outs. yawn

Back