Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the Jess Trend story? Listed then ‘inactive’ all within the space of a week it seemed.

Kate Flood was also ‘inactive’ this season I believe - anyone know what the situation is with her? If she hasn’t been delisted, is she a chance to return next season I wonder?

What was the Jess Trend story? Listed then ‘inactive’ all within the space of a week it seemed.

Kate Flood was also ‘inactive’ this season I believe - anyone know what the situation is with her? If she hasn’t been delisted, is she a chance to return next season I wonder?
Jess Trend is going to be on the reality tv show big brother this year so didn't play for freo,
Kate Flood i think was wait and see - didn't return to australia for this season but the club was hopeful she would return next year i believe

Jess Trend is going to be on the reality tv show big brother this year so didn't play for freo,
Kate Flood i think was wait and see - didn't return to australia for this season but the club was hopeful she would return next year i believe
Lol Big Brother. She must have been one of the first to get booted because she joined Hawthorn pretty soon after she was listed as ‘inactive’ for us. 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's pretty bloody disgusting she choose to go on Big Tosser (I HATE that garbage...) instead of play football for us. Bit bummed out about Tarnee, she was my buddy for this year - never even saw her don the Purple once. Crapola year, overall.

**well done Brisbane I guess**

So Coops has talked about bringing in existing quality to bolster the midfield, and given WC will likely get a priority pick (or 10) , the couple of high quality draft prospects are off the table.

So who can we entice over / home to the West? I’ve seen Hodder, and Emma King mentioned before. Anyone else?
Realistic chances?

So Coops has talked about bringing in existing quality to bolster the midfield, and given WC will likely get a priority pick (or 10) , the couple of high quality draft prospects are off the table.

So who can we entice over / home to the West? I’ve seen Hodder, and Emma King mentioned before. Anyone else?
Realistic chances?
that 35 year old from carlton :/

Realistic chances?
I’d be going very very hard at Emma King, Emma King and also Emma King. Oh, and giving Emma King a fair crack too.

Hodder won’t leave Bris after a premiership imo, and gut feel is that if she came back she’d go to WC.

Hey guys, assuming the AFL deem the eagles to be uncompetitive and awards them a priority pick, thus giving them picks 1 & 2 in the upcoming WA draft (Franklin and Rowley). Is their a standout number 3 we should be looking at, or is it more even then that after the big 2.

It is going to be an interesting year for Gooch - she needs to get a lot fitter if she is going to get and retain a spot. Duffy is another that could get a lot fitter and in her case could become the best small forward in the league if she does.

K Antonio had her best year, mostly due to being less injured. She has a very nice kick to the lead. Isn't at Gabby's level in the position but should be a key on the half forward for at least another season or two.

Speaking of Gabby... I think she is one of the more under rated players. Very consistent. Sets up goals, kicks goals and wins contests she shouldn't win.

I think Cain will be even better and Miller will improve again. Both will add a lot to the midfield. We need one or two more with pace and kicking skils. Speaking of kicking skills... Emma O is terrible. She seems to have no coordination between ball drop and her foot. She is fit, hard at it and tackles well but is a shocking kick. Needs to improve drastically this off season or she should lose her place. The league as a whole has improved skill wise year on year. There will be less room next season for players with her skill level.

If we can get some improvement out of the mids mentioned above and E Antonio who I don't think was as good as the year before, with progress from Strom, Roux and a couple of others. While keeping Bowers on the park we will go a long way again. We also have to get the slow starts out of our game.

It is going to be an interesting year for Gooch - she needs to get a lot fitter if she is going to get and retain a spot. Duffy is another that could get a lot fitter and in her case could become the best small forward in the league if she does.

K Antonio had her best year, mostly due to being less injured. She has a very nice kick to the lead. Isn't at Gabby's level in the position but should be a key on the half forward for at least another season or two.

Speaking of Gabby... I think she is one of the more under rated players. Very consistent. Sets up goals, kicks goals and wins contests she shouldn't win.

I think Cain will be even better and Miller will improve again. Both will add a lot to the midfield. We need one or two more with pace and kicking skils. Speaking of kicking skills... Emma O is terrible. She seems to have no coordination between ball drop and her foot. She is fit, hard at it and tackles well but is a shocking kick. Needs to improve drastically this off season or she should lose her place. The league as a whole has improved skill wise year on year. There will be less room next season for players with her skill level.

If we can get some improvement out of the mids mentioned above and E Antonio who I don't think was as good as the year before, with progress from Strom, Roux and a couple of others. While keeping Bowers on the park we will go a long way again. We also have to get the slow starts out of our game.
She’s well aware of it herself.
those long uncoordinated arms
Hopefully spends the off season playing kick to kick with the brothers

My two biggest wants would be Lauren Bella from Suns or Alyce Parker. Just so unlikely to get anyone interstate :/
She’s well aware of it herself.
those long uncoordinated arms
Hopefully spends the off season playing kick to kick with the brothers
she is haha,
she laughs at herself alot in the podcast and her nickname is limbs :laughing:
she joked that when she was taking her set shot against north that she was hoping someone would come around the back of her to handball off so she didnt have to kick it lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back