Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

So four players have come off our list, that leaves us with 27 players and 3 draft picks (the minimum). Do we think everyone else will stay on the list?

So four players have come off our list, that leaves us with 27 players and 3 draft picks (the minimum). Do we think everyone else will stay on the list?
I think they have to, we haven't really seen the young talent and have only got one rising star nom in the past 2 seasons isn't exactly pointing to their quality but given that it looks like eagles will get a few concessions we have to invest in what we have

Quite a lot of our players are playing in the WAFLW this week.

The Swan Districts v Claremont game is being streamed... Webb, Hyde, Sergeant, Stewart and Pugh all playing in it.

Peel v East Freo... Roux, O'Sullivan, Duffy, Verrier, Seth, Grieve.

Subi v South Freo... Miller, Stannett, Strom

Quite a lot of our players are playing in the WAFLW this week.

The Swan Districts v Claremont game is being streamed... Webb, Hyde, Sergeant, Stewart and Pugh all playing in it.

Peel v East Freo... Roux, O'Sullivan, Duffy, Verrier, Seth, Grieve.

Subi v South Freo... Miller, Stannett, Strom
how exciting! Peel v East Freo stacked with talent

Off-season news.

“At Fremantle, an intriguing situation looms with Kara and Ebony Antonio, who are both out of contract.

As it stands, there is a significant chasm between the Dockers’ financial proposal and the figure the players have asked for. Negotiations are ongoing but are moving slowly”

https://bit.ly/3h53bpb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off-season news.

“At Fremantle, an intriguing situation looms with Kara and Ebony Antonio, who are both out of contract.

As it stands, there is a significant chasm between the Dockers’ financial proposal and the figure the players have asked for. Negotiations are ongoing but are moving slowly”

https://bit.ly/3h53bpb

I wonder if it's like Tayla Harris asking to double her salary to $150,000 because she is such a marketing tool.

I wonder if it's like Tayla Harris asking to double her salary to $150,000 because she is such a marketing tool.

For who?

Kara has been horrible for 3 years, would’ve been delisted 2 years ago if she wasn’t the Captain or married to Ebony. Ebony deserves 2 years.

Our 2 marketing players should be Bowers and Houghton. Bowers should be made Captain.

For who?

Kara has been horrible for 3 years, would’ve been delisted 2 years ago if she wasn’t the Captain or married to Ebony. Ebony deserves 2 years.

Our 2 marketing players should be Bowers and Houghton. Bowers should be made Captain.

I think both the Antonios know they are probably signing their last contract in AFLW and want to extract the most value they can.

Personally I think Programmed should chip in to put their employee on their own marketing material. I don't think Ebony features on their website at all and they really should have a "Community Growth" section where they talk up their training - not just a single page spread that they currently do.

Would be interesting if the Antonios walk to West Coast who need some leadership, It's an awkward situation of them having to balance getting the $$ they can while still in the comp versus having a chance at a premiership, if they feel like we won't make it next year then they may leave for more $$.

Hope they take a little less to stay but guess we will see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting if the Antonios walk to West Coast who need some leadership, It's an awkward situation of them having to balance getting the $$ they can while still in the comp versus having a chance at a premiership, if they feel like we won't make it next year then they may leave for more $$.

Hope they take a little less to stay but guess we will see
It would make it interesting if the Eagles did get their concession picks because we would expect both of them for Ebony and our captain considering the value of the contracts that would be offered to them for the shift.

We would have the first three picks in the WA pool. Or we could trade either of the first two to Melbourne clubs for their players and their own first picks and still have the first three picks in the WA pool plus added value.

The AFLW off-season is ramping up ahead of an expected trade period in late May or early June but Fremantle’s Kara Antonio and West Coast’s Emma Swanson will be off the table with fresh two-year deals for the pair imminent. Wife Ebony is also on the verge of signing a two-year deal with an agreement for both Antonios set to be reached late next week following positive discussions with Fremantle.

This feels so wrong to say but Rowley & Roberts > Antonio squared if that's the outcome 🙊

Obviously won't happen and the Antonios and Freo will sort it out buuutttt it's not like either set the world on fire this season, and I was especially frustrated with Kara's leadership towards the end of the season. Harsh call probs, but for weeks in a row publicly declared that they would improve and we saw literally nothing to back up her words.

Kantonio gave us something different in the midfield in spurts towards the end of the season, she's not finished yet.

We do need to draft some midfielders though as we are very light on after Bowers.

Wouldn't mind getting Aine Tighe on the park too

This is definitely worth a read. Really detailed - like a lot.

Anyone who hasn't played midfield looks good to get a run through the midfield, and all the midfielders are being tried out elsewhere on the ground.

Not too bad really, at least they're not all at the pointy end.
So if I read this right, the West Aus draft order would be WC, FREO, WC, WC, FREO, WC, WC, FREO then normal?

Definitely could've been worse. Still have access to the second best WA player in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back