Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone else disappointed we didn’t land a ‘big fish’ during Trade and Sign period. We lost Evie 💔, but didn’t go after anyone else. We’re a very good team, but we’re not an excellent team. We have some holes that are filled by average/ok players. We’re solid across every line but could be great with a few new faces out there. I dunno, I could be off the mark, but it just seemed that our deficiencies were exploited when it most mattered. I also think we need another ruck - Tighe is no sure thing and Mim still has a way to go before she can really match it with the best. We have some top notch youngsters - and of course we have KJ - so am I wrong to feel this way?
Writing was on the wall for Gooch, sadly. Strom's around the ground and follow up work improved massively across the season, and it's mostly only the ruck craft, especially at the centre bounces, where she needs to concentrate her development.

The main hole is in the midfield, though WAWFL notes suggest that Cooper is trying to bring some of the better / more promising backs and forwards through the middle (while sending Miller forward?!). KJ returning to her previous form would help, but it's looking very much like developing positional flexibility is the overarching strategy being pursued in list development, in conjunction with using picks to get best available talent (midfield potential and quality foot skills worth bonus points) in the draft.

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's dissapointing but I understand how difficult it is to get a 'big fish' for the club, realistically they probably wouldn't have been able to even if they tried.
Anyone else hoping to see Janz come back?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is the WA talent pool (invited to combine). There are a couple of mature age possibilities on top of these.

I really want Rowley - so classy on the outside and will become one of the best mids in the AFLW. If WC take her then I think you have to go Amy Franklin - as the only quality tall in the pool - WC need her a lot more than we do. I like East and Reilly as well - a very good inside mid who has improved a heap and a classy outside mid with a booming kick respectively. Tuhakaraina is super quick and a bit of a smokey as well - her speed would suit us.

Amy Franklin4/02/2003Claremont
Charlotte Thomas5/09/2003Subiaco
Courtney Rowley24/09/2003Peel Thunder
Bella Mann16/08/2003Peel Thunder
Beth Schilling1/12/2003Peel Thunder
Chloe Reilly12/10/2003East Fremantle
Dana East10/06/2002Swan Districts
Emily Bennett26/12/2002Claremont
Emma Nanut4/06/2003Swan Districts
Makaela Tuhakaraina23/08/2003South Fremantle
Matilda Dyke21/02/2002Claremont
Melisha Hardy24/42003Swan Districts
Nyra Anderson24/11/2001Swan Districts
Sarah Lakay20/02/2003Swan Districts
Tessa Doumanis10/10/1999Claremont

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought they delisted two (Tester and …?), Mascall retired, Sharp inactive, Evie now a Dirty Bird. 5?
I think two of ours were injury replacements, so delisting them doesn't gain us any list spots. I have quickly looked for AFLW list sizes but came up empty. Maybe 30 total? We have 27 including Sharp atm I think.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
I think two of ours were injury replacements, so delisting them doesn't gain us any list spots. I have quickly looked for AFLW list sizes but came up empty. Maybe 30 total? We have 27 including Sharp atm I think.
So four picks then, with one being an ‘injury’ replacement for Sharp?

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Please help.

WAFLW Home & Away is over, right? Anyone know when/where the finals are being played, and who is playing whom?

Thanks 😊
Here you go :)
1623684912381.png

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
Fremantle just delisted Katie-Jayne Grieve. Unbelievable. I thought Cooper wanted to improve our midfield.

I guess if you want a contract these days you just have to marry Ebony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
KJ was terrible this year

Thought she would get another year to try and fight back though

EDIT: Seems we have left the door open to picking her up if noone better is left at the draft

Back