Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Remove this Banner Ad

showemhowtorock

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
So next week we’ll almost certainly play Brisbane. I don’t think they’ve left Qld yet - bets on where the game will be?
I think almost certainly over there. 11 in a row is enough for the powers that be, and best way to end the streak is to send us there, not have them here.

So Freo v BL... but where??
will be brisbane's fourth home game in a row if they send us there

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
will be brisbane's fourth home game in a row if they send us there
Yeah I know, so it would suck if they send us there, but the blokes hit 473 home games last season, so I wouldn’t be surprised.
Given that, and the fact after Rd 5 we’ll have played all 5 non-Vic teams, I’m guessing we’ll have a few games in a ‘bubble’ in Melb, so a home game before that happens is only fair.
When we get to Vic, I’m sure we’ll get Collingwood’ Melbourne, Carlton, North to round out the season. We won’t get to play Richmond or Geelong. They make it as hard as possible for us. It sucks how to get can manipulate the draw (even in non-Covid times). Until we get 13 H&A games the comp is compromised, just like the men’s.

eastfreo75

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I know, so it would suck if they send us there, but the blokes hit 473 home games last season, so I wouldn’t be surprised.
Given that, and the fact after Rd 5 we’ll have played all 5 non-Vic teams, I’m guessing we’ll have a few games in a ‘bubble’ in Melb, so a home game before that happens is only fair.
When we get to Vic, I’m sure we’ll get Collingwood’ Melbourne, Carlton, North to round out the season. We won’t get to play Richmond or Geelong. They make it as hard as possible for us. It sucks how to get can manipulate the draw (even in non-Covid times). Until we get 13 H&A games the comp is compromised, just like the men’s.
After 4 rounds, their has been only one game where a Victorian team have travelled.

We have 5 games left.

3 games away vs Victorian teams. They might have us in Melbourne for 2 weeks playing 3 games. As you said it might be the last 3 rounds against Collingwood, North, Melbourne and Blues. I guess they make us play the Roos in Hobart.

2 games home vs Victorian teams. I would suggest that 2 Victorian teams will come of and play 2 games in 7 days.

Knowing the AFL it might be worse than that. They will give us 4 home games for the season which we have already played 3. One more home game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Okay, okay, maybe I'll have to retract that statement. Perhaps my ill-feeling was a product of the AFLW media constantly fawning over her.
She’s next level good (not necessarily alone now, but she just stars week in and week out).

And now we’re seeing the benefit Brisbane’s had playing zero wins team until now. Now we’re talking overrated.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
What I enjoy about the women’s games is they always make an effort to hand pass when tackled & the umpires actually correctly adjudicate incorrect disposal most of the time.
Why is it such a mess in the men’s game where you can do almost anything provided the ball spills free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarbieITFC

Team Captain
May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
Anyone who says Erin Phillips is overrated is wrong. End of. Absolute superstar!
There’s a part of me that is really disappointed that she’s 35 and going to retire before we see this next gen of girls come through.

Weird to think she wasn’t one of the original marquee players; but an out and out gun.

Remove this Banner Ad