Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I just wanted to thank ImperialPurple for showing such support and enthusiasm for the women’s team. You have really drawn me in to be a better supporter for the girls, and I suspect you have drawn in some others.

Good work.
Yes indeedy, ImperialPurple now has me even more excited for the women's team's prospects, than the men!

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
I just wanted to thank ImperialPurple for showing such support and enthusiasm for the women’s team. You have really drawn me in to be a better supporter for the girls, and I suspect you have drawn in some others.

Good work.
Aw thank you! Really appreciate the comment, and really happy you’ve jumped on board. The girls are awesome, I hope you get to love them as much as I (and a fair few others) do! Get around them peeps! 😍💜

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
hey folks,
does anybody know where I can find an injury list for our team, please? (AFLW of course)
I appreciate any help

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Random post here...A quick scan over a one Sarah Black's LinkedIn profile, reveals that she possesses a degree in the Arts and a diploma in Journalism, but my question to the universe is - "What footballing background does she hold?"
Hmm, the plot thickens! lol

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Random post here...A quick scan over a one Sarah Black's LinkedIn profile, reveals that she possesses a degree in the Arts and a diploma in Journalism, but my question to the universe is - "What footballing background does she hold?"
I mean i'm all for an SB pile on but she is very knowledgeable on football and it's pretty clear from her live tweeting that she watches every game which makes her an instant improvement on most of her colleagues

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I mean i'm all for an SB pile on but she is very knowledgeable on football and it's pretty clear from her live tweeting that she watches every game which makes her an instant improvement on most of her colleagues
Okay, I can appreciate her application in that regard then.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills

Unfortunately the standard is set very low from AFL men journalism and commentary. Eddie, Dwayne etc etc etc

Black is just high-profile in these early years of AFLW.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
More Cuthbo love! (Forget Ahrens - although she might have more to do this week that Janelle does tbh)

5B106FED-AA8F-446D-A83D-6BF3268E85F8.jpeg

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
hey folks,
does anybody know where I can find an injury list for our team, please? (AFLW of course)
I appreciate any help
anybody????

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
anybody????
I have only ever seen it mentioned in articles. I believe at the moment it's:
Aine Tighe - ACL
Leah Mascall - ACL
Alex Williams - wrist
Ann McMahon - generally smashed up still
Phil Seth - heard she has an injury, but don't know what or even if it's true.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I have only ever seen it mentioned in articles. I believe at the moment it's:
Aine Tighe - ACL
Leah Mascall - ACL
Alex Williams - wrist
Ann McMahon - generally smashed up still
Phil Seth - heard she has an injury, but don't know what or even if it's true.
thank you, thank you, thank you :)
it's about time the AFL website treated the AFLW section with the respect it is due.
Many of us love the game and want up to date info.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
thank you, thank you, thank you :)
it's about time the AFL website treated the AFLW section with the respect it is due.
Many of us love the game and want up to date info.
You're welcome, and I agree.

I love your signature! We must be the same vintage - that was such an incredible group of players. I remember being right at the front at the 1980 GF and jumping over the fence as soon as the siren went, running across the field to get autographs, give the players pats on the back. Such elation! (Of course I was only 3 at the time... 🤔🤔😆😆)
I was just saying only 5 mins ago, I think I'm going to join South Freo this year. Watch the fellas smash it, and the girls get smashed... :confused:

Last edited:

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WAFLW starts again on the weekend.

It would be so good if the AFLW girls who aren’t getting a game right now could play so they could press their claims for selection.
(Looking out for my buddies here!).

Edit: just read it - they can! 😁😁

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
West Coast board think they'll take Franklin and we get Rowley as it currently stands.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Here's a sad story
1979 when I was living in year 7 in east Fremantle heartland I was there when South lost the gf.
The following year I opted to go to a mate's birthday party instead of the gf.
1981 i was there again :(
1992 again, I saw a loss.
It did come good after that, but I had to wait.
Just like my AFL team (boys version). Hopefully the girls get me an earlier reward.
You're welcome, and I agree.

I love your signature! We must be the same vintage - that was such an incredible group of players. I remember being right at the front at the 1980 GF and jumping over the fence as soon as the siren went, running across the field to get autographs, give the players pats on the back. Such elation! (Of course I was only 3 at the time... )
I was just saying only 5 mins ago, I think I'm going to join South Freo this year. Watch the fellas smash it, and the girls get smashed... :confused:

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd be happy with either of them but prefer Courtney. Rowley meets our needs more, Franklin their needs more.

I want Chloe Reilly with our second pick as well... might be hard.
That’s awesome.

While our team is doing well, having three years of drafting that equals or betters West Coast is a great thing.

Franklin is she related to Buddy?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just a reminder that the WAFLW starts today.

Williams and McMahon will be playing for East Freo against Grieve playing for Peel today @ 5pm (David Gray's)

MacLachlan will be playing for Subi tomorrow against South Freo @ 1pm (Freo Oval)

Webb and Hyde will be playing for SD tomorrow against Claremont @ 2pm (Steel Blue)

In the East Freo v Peel game you can check out future top draft picks Courtney Rowley and Ella Roberts plus Jaide Britton for Peel, and Chloe Reilly for EF.

In the Subi v South Freo check out Charlotte Thomas and Jamie Rust for Subi and Lucy Gilchrist for SF.

In the SD v Claremont game check out Amy Franklin for Claremont and Dana East for SD.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Just a reminder that the WAFLW starts today.

Williams and McMahon will be playing for East Freo against Grieve playing for Peel today @ 5pm (David Gray's)

MacLachlan will be playing for Subi tomorrow against South Freo @ 1pm (Freo Oval)

Webb and Hyde will be playing for SD tomorrow against Claremont @ 2pm (Steel Blue)

In the East Freo v Peel game you can check out future top draft picks Courtney Rowley and Ella Roberts plus Jaide Britton for Peel, and Chloe Reilly for EF.

In the Subi v South Freo check out Charlotte Thomas and Jamie Rust for Subi and Lucy Gilchrist for SF.

In the SD v Claremont game check out Amy Franklin for Claremont and Dana East for SD.
THANK YOU! 🤩
Condensing all this into one post I’d brilliant - much appreciated!
Is the WAFL site streaming any of the games do you know?

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
THANK YOU! 🤩
Condensing all this into one post I’d brilliant - much appreciated!
Is the WAFL site streaming any of the games do you know?
The East Freo v Peel game will be live streamed via Front Row Screens.

The SD v Claremont will be streamed via The West. Need subscription - which probably no-one would have by choice. They offered me 50% discount the other day :) I said no of course. Getting desperate it seems.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Richmond's Sabrina is a massive liability in their structure. Can't mark, can't run, can't do much more than draw the ball.

Sabrina Fredericks + Perkins, they need to get serious about playing this game. A massive effort needs to be made by themselves, to get their bodies 100% ready for the season.

Body size will only get you so far. Vertically challenged for their weight.

Back