Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow the Eagles look like they can actually football.
Is GC the only non-Vic team they haven’t played? Wherever the game is will suck for whoever is the away team. Suns in Perth in successive weekends, or WC away for 3 weeks in a row. 😖

Just saw Suns are coming back to play the weags next Sunday. Poor buggers.
Think they are staying here in WA until after that game. No charters left Perth aside from the eagles flight to Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t like it.
If we don’t play, and beat, the 4x big Melbourne clubs, everyone will always view this premiership as an asterisk.

(yes, I’ve already locked it in)
in the men's comp you don't have to beat every team, just so long as you get to and win the grand final. Neither do they play all the teams an equal number of times.

Why should it be different in the women's?

(then again all of the men's premierships have an * :moustache: )

They made provisions to have two teams come to Perth (with all the restrictions) for the men’s comp, surely they can do that for the women. Quarantine, train together, no contact with outside world outside of game day.
I know they work, but for WA players, employers allowed them time off to go and play away, potentially for 3-4 weeks. Surely Vic employers could do that for the players of two Vic teams.
Let’s use Carlton and Collingwood as examples. Carlton flies in Friday, plays Freo on Saturday. Collingwood flies in Saturday, plays WC Sunday.
The next weekend, Carlton plays WC on Saturday, flies out Saturday night. Collingwood plays Freo on Sunday, flies out Sunday night. Away for 5 business days.
Following weekend(s) Freo and WC do the opposite, play two games away each v Vic teams and same - away for 8 days, get two games in.
Then one double up to finish the season (derby), Vic teams don’t need to as they can play anyone else, and other non-Vic clubs who don’t have any border restrictions in place.

Our fixture already had us playing all of the top four of last season and barely any of the bottom four from last season. It wasn't like we were playing in an even spread competition.

If we get an extra win out of playing an extra bottom four side, so be it. They should already be getting used to the idea that they are playing a prelim at Fremantle oval and if we win that against a side that had to live in a hotel for a week then they are playing a grand final at Freo oval.

Our fixture already had us playing all of the top four of last season and barely any of the bottom four from last season. It wasn't like we were playing in an even spread competition.

If we get an extra win out of playing an extra bottom four side, so be it. They should already be getting used to the idea that they are playing a prelim at Fremantle oval and if we win that against a side that had to live in a hotel for a week then they are playing a grand final at Freo oval.
Surely the GF would be at Burswood!

Houghton's pride at young Indigenous talent time
https://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/867581

I knew we have always had a strong aboriginal history at Fremantle but I had no idea Fremantle had a quarter of all Aboriginal players currently playing in the AFLW. That’s amazing!

I’m sure that’ll be a real focus for the AFL boosting participation & pathways. We are all the better for what they bring to the club.

i don’t much care for the ones that have their club’s logo emblazoned on them, so Carlton, GC, WC and Brisbane get a no from me, GWS borderline for logo, but doesn’t do much for me.
Collingwood, Richmond and St Kilda BORING! Why did they even bother?
Geelong’s is decent, I like Bulldogs, Adelaide and Normania, and I like ours.
Adelaide’s is a bit busy, and while I really like ours, I think Dogs and Norf are the best ones.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

i don’t much care for the ones that have their club’s logo emblazoned on them, so Carlton, GC, WC and Brisbane get a no from me, GWS borderline for logo, but doesn’t do much for me.
Collingwood, Richmond and St Kilda BORING! Why did they even bother?
Geelong’s is decent, I like Bulldogs, Adelaide and Normania, and I like ours.
Adelaide’s is a bit busy, and while I really like ours, I think Dogs and Norf are the best ones.
Thoughts?
Adelaide, Carlton, and GC's are shockers I reckon.
Carlton's especially looks awful with that huge white logo in the middle. Could've been done a lot better.
West Coast's would like waaaay better without the Eagles logo beneath the design.

Agree that Collingwood, Richmond and Saints are boring. Reckon Geelong falls into that category also.

Ours is a bit simple, but I don't mind it to be honest. Every year we pump out a design that's really legible, tells a story, and you can tell it's a Freo jumper from a mile away. Tick.

Lions, Dogs and North's are good.

I bloody looooove Melbourne and GWS's, personally. Bit busy, but looks f***ing awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back