AFLW - GC SUNS licence approved for 2020 #GetSet

Remove this Banner Ad

There's been some others that have come from other teams that have signed. Not saying i'm against it. Obviously they have to build a team but i think it's rich saying on one hand a player is a bedwetter for going home then when a player comes here they are lauded for returning home. Bods does the same with AFL. Prestia is a bedwetter but Weller is good for returning to 'home'. I assume some of our draftees will leave when more teams are introduced ect.
Welcome to the AFL, where supporters only see it from their teams POV.

As I said a few weeks ago, a new club needs to have players. Those imbeciles who think we shouldn’t recruit players must want us to play our Academy Team and get lapped by 100 points. The GC exists for the first time next season.
So a correction is taking place.
But to go about attacking our local girls-won’t ever be forgotten by me. That’s what I call a B Grade supporter. Non GC.

Honestly haven’t read a single person attacking a single girl.

Have read some of your fans questioning the system, but you’re working within the rules. They’re just sh!t rules and highlights a larger AFLW problem.

Yeah Robo i was scathing we gave up pick 2, when Freo wouldn’t take our WCE pick I was pleading we walk away, take pick 2 and get Weller a year later as a free agent.
I made the point just recently in a post that none of our disgraceful Bedwetters have ever nominated Carlton??? Isn’t that funny. I noticed that the out of Towners ever replied to that post. But noooooo where do they go? hanbbaggers or RICHmond or the Needles. It be hard to label one of these cowards a Bedwetter if they went to Carlton.
But now for patronising blokes out of town to go attacking our own beautiful local girls for leaving successful clubs to enjoy the dream of playing for their home town and being in a start up club that might even struggle, something that was previously denied to them is absolutely galling.
So Cochbloched is now plain BLOCKED and he can join the BrisLoon and that piece of work from Perth in making whatever pot shots they want at me from now on and I can stay in naive bliss.
The trio’s content was always boring anyway.

Go Gold Coast. Winning.
A couple years on how do you feel about the Weller trade now? At the time i wasn't happy but now i think it was a good deal, have Weller who wants to be here long term and is an asset to our back line and we also picked up Ballard as part of the deal.

A couple years on how do you feel about the Weller trade now? At the time i wasn't happy but now i think it was a good deal, have Weller who wants to be here long term and is an asset to our back line and we also picked up Ballard as part of the deal.

If it wasn’t for Ballard I’d be still feeling dirty about the deal. Weller has been good but not justified a number 2 trade with his onfield contributions.
However off field his coming here while we are at the bottom of the ladder and under extreme pressure unlike those pathetic Bedwetters who cried mummy and went back to VFL land not to Carlton but being the cowards they are by picking the big clubs has really instilled a confidence and pride I think in our list.
So all things considered we did just great in that trade.
GC. Winning.

If it wasn’t for Ballard I’d be still feeling dirty about the deal. Weller has been good but not justified a number 2 trade with his onfield contributions.
However off field his coming here while we are at the bottom of the ladder and under extreme pressure unlike those pathetic Bedwetters who cried mummy and went back to VFL land not to Carlton but being the cowards they are by picking the big clubs has really instilled a confidence and pride I think in our list.
So all things considered we did just great in that trade.
GC. Winning.
Agreed, Weller requesting to come home to a bottom team and help the Suns rise shows alot for his character compared to the bedwetters.

Agreed, Weller requesting to come home to a bottom team and help the Suns rise shows alot for his character compared to the bedwetters.

If any of these weak souls Ever said “look I have serious family issues, please trade me to any VFL club and get the best deal you can” I’d not use Bedwetter for them. But no what did they do: Hawthorn, Handbaggers, RICHmond, Needles etc they nominated. They are pathetic Bedwetting Durants who want an easy ride.
There’s one exception and that’s May-I don’t use Bedwetter for him because our Beautiful WAGS of the Beautiful City ran him out of town as a community service to all women for being a slime bag.

GC WAGS. Winning.

Point out a single post here where any poster ha attacked the girl.

Honestly, you're just an online bully who has a whinge and claims injustice when some one talks back to you the way you talk to other posters.

This might be your clubs page, but people from other clubs post here respectfully and contribute to Gold Coast club discussions, and all you do is tear them down and or insult them. Sometimes using untruths to back your "outrage".

I appreciate your posts and find them most informative. I don't always agree with them, but most times it's good to get an outsider's perspective on different issues...

I appreciate your posts and find them most informative. I don't always agree with them, but most times it's good to get an outsider's perspective on different issues...
I wouldn't expect people to agree with a lot of my posts. On the Lions board we have many points of view, and people disagreeing with each other, but for the most part, it's all civil.

When posting here, I realise I often still have a Lions point of view, or reference things from a Lions perspective. But that's because I'm a Lions fan and only have my clubs history to fall back on when providing perspectives on what ever the topic is.

I try to be respectful as possible as I realise I'm posting on an oppositions board.

But I'm not going to sit back and cop abuse when I haven't over stepped a line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't expect people to agree with a lot of my posts. On the Lions board we have many points of view, and people disagreeing with each other, but for the most part, it's all civil.

When posting here, I realise I often still have a Lions point of view, or reference things from a Lions perspective. But that's because I'm a Lions fan and only have my clubs history to fall back on when providing perspectives on what ever the topic is.

I try to be respectful as possible as I realise I'm posting on an oppositions board.

But I'm not going to sit back and cop abuse when I haven't over stepped a line.
Agreed. I think it's more disrespectful when you call other supporters non supporters or b-grade supporters but you should be accommodating to everyone

I saw this posted on another site....

The AFL has updated the AFLW draft order. Richmond has been handed pick 1. Collingwood pick 2.

Has anyone seen the full draft order?
WHY do Richmond have pick 1?? They have already gotten Traub and Brennan and tipped to be getting Conti too???

I'll say it again. The AFLW draft order means sfa to the Queensland teams, because it's not one large national draft pool, but rather state based draft pools. The girls can nominate which state they want to be drafted in/to.

To clarify, I asked the Lions social media rep who posts on the Lions BF page, and answers fan questions where possible.

Hi Lions_Insider can you clarify the AFLW draft rules for players who nominate QLD for me please.

Will the Lions be able to draft girls, regardless of the academy they come through?

And what length contract will the draftees sign.
Fairly sure girls can nominate for the Lions draft, GC draft or a general Queensland draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back