AFLW AFLW General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not saying they shouldn't be free to play footy, which they clearly love.
Just pointing out how much more physical it is on their bodies, which cannot tolerate as much physical punishment as a mans.
Hmmm...

We don't stop men or woman who want to get into a cage to fight another person barefisted, and that sport actively encourages injury for the purposes of obtaining a result. We allow women into our armed forces, in most roles.

I'm not seeing the problem myself. Rockclimbing is hardly risk free, nor is most of the activities we allow pretty much everyone to do. Why is it more of an issue than these examples?

I don't see how it's relevant, beyond attempting to change both WAFL and AFL to make them safer/less injury prone for everyone.

cause dainty, emotional, weak women need protecting by big strong men who insist on interfering with what is basically none of their business
Have you considered running for office. The Liberal Party could use you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One thing I'll say is Daisy Pearce recently came to a corporate function I attended. She spent roughly 40 minutes telling her story, for the entire time you would have been able to hear a pin drop. I had tears in my eyes for a lot of it. You can never underestimate the impact comments like Malthouse's have on people, especially young girls who just want the same opportunity the boys have. One quote that will always stick with me was 'you can't be what you can't see.' My point is it's not about a man's enjoyment of the spectacle, it's about a young girl/woman having the opportunity to participate and feel valued in the same way the boys/men are. No man has the right to degrade that.

Here here !!!

I have three daughters who now all play Aussie Rules. It has changed their life’s

The thing a lot of people don’t realise is the communal feel and sense of belonging a footy club brings versus other sports. We’ve had soccer and netball.

My experience with soccer is there is no sense of ‘club’. Turn up, play, go home. Hardly any parents watching and no one else from the club there - even at Grand Finals.

Netball better in that regard but bloody bitchy.

The first game each of footy my girls played they just said ‘Oh Dad, I love it!!’ We live in the country and they were made to feel part of the club, went to Thursday night meals and now have a group of 20 odd mates and a real bond.

They just wanted what us blokes have been lucky enough to have !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers - Wickzki added something similar but a bit more indepth a bit earlier today - but while that maybe true, in what way does/should that finding influence WAFL?

If women wish to play - and they do, in record numbers - why shouldn't women get to make the choice that men have made for a century in playing a potentially hazardous sport?

Women can. But it falls on the AFL/AFLW to ensure that players arent injured unnecessarily lest they be sued down the track for having this information and not acting on it. Its basic risk management.

Its worth noting that the AFL has modified a number of rules over the years specifically designed to lessen injuries in the mens game. Given the physical differences between men and women, its not unreasonable to expect there to be some differing rules to protect women from specific injuries as needed.

Its not Russia either. People are entitled to their opinions - even if they are wrong. AFLW doesnt live in isolation.

Women can. But it falls on the AFL/AFLW to ensure that players arent injured unnecessarily lest they be sued down the track for having this information and not acting on it. Its basic risk management 1

Its worth noting that the AFL has modified a number of rules over the years specifically designed to lessen injuries in the mens game. Given the physical differences between men and women, its not unreasonable to expect there to be some differing rules to protect women from specific injuries as needed 2

Its not Russia either 3 People are entitled to their opinions - even if they are wrong. AFLW doesnt live in isolation.

1 Garbage.

2 How about irrelevancies from yesteryear leave the aflw to decide what's right or wrong with their game.

3 People are entitled to their opinions in Russia. It's called opposition and uprising.

1 Garbage.

2 How about irrelevancies from yesteryear leave the aflw to decide what's right or wrong with their game.

3 People are entitled to their opinions in Russia. It's called opposition and uprising.

Sometimes, you oughta think before you fly off.

There was a fatality a month ago.

1 Garbage.

Well Ill be damned your right. The AFl has made no changes to what it believes will lesson injuries. I mean I guess Im ingnorant and we can just ignore everything the AFL has said and done re knee injuries and concussion then. Rightio.

How about people be allowed to voice their own goddamn opinion when asked for it, and people not act like spolit children when its not the answer they want.

Uprising is what you get when you arent entitled to something. If you are entitled to it, you dont need to rise up for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Ill be damned your right. The AFl has made no changes to what it believes will lesson injuries. I mean I guess Im ingnorant and we can just ignore everything the AFL has said and done re knee injuries and concussion then. Rightio.

How about people be allowed to voice their own goddamn opinion when asked for it, and people not act like spolit children when its not the answer they want.

Uprising is what you get when you arent entitled to something. If you are entitled to it, you dont need to rise up for it.
who stopped malthouse from giving his irrelevant opinion? I can't think of anyone

One individual expressed their views in an open forum designed for the express purpose for discussion.
Another individual felt sickened (yes, sickened), outraged, disgusted, dropped their mic, packed their bags and headed off home.
Now don't attach gender, race etc and tell me which individual is being petty, immature, selfish and just a little self-righteous.

Aren't we all tired of these snowflakes as they're fondly termed? We should be and we will be.

People take unnecessary health risks all the time. I just had KFC and it was absolutely awful but great.

AFL as a business needs to protect itself from litigation, absolutely. As long as players know the risks to their health (which are obvious in any extremely physical contact sport), then they can do whatever the * they want to do.

There's a better way to go about things than walk off, certainly, but I haven't seen the footage and probably won't bother unless I directly come across it.

who stopped malthouse from giving his irrelevant opinion? I can't think of anyone
\

Who said he was stopped? I was talking about the reaction to it - it was the second half of the damn sentence you left out.

What makes his opinion irrelevant? He played and coached football. Quite a bit of it. he's probably even seen womens footy. He doesnt like it, and his comments re injuries are borne out by the stats. Im not seeing anything inherently wrong here.

pointless arguing with a card-carrying misogynist who's so stupid he thinks he isn't.........

Here we go again. :)
Incapable of discussion but just peddling the same old "poor me' narrative.

People like should be sued for your liberal use of such outrageous and not-qualifiable terms, just to point score. It's actually sad. Do you see this?

Sorry to get personal (something you have no qualms about) but you're quite a protected species for an extinct one. Your heavil biased views are also becoming extinct. I reckon Daisy Pierce would agree.

Here we go again. :)
Incapable of discussion but just peddling the same old "poor me' narrative.

People like should be sued for your liberal use of such outrageous and not-qualifiable terms, just to point score. It's actually sad. Do you see this?
your sad little foot-stamps are getting worse - answer the accusation - are you a misogynist or not?

AFL as a business needs to protect itself from litigation, absolutely. As long as players know the risks to their health (which are obvious in any extremely physical contact sport), then they can do whatever the **** they want to do..

Im sure that works - until they get injured. Unless you are any number of AFL players who have sued over injuries sustained during matches - including Carltons own Luke O'Sullivan - or NFL players who have just done a billion dollar settlement over concussion injuries with the NFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back