AFLW AFLW General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go again. :)
Incapable of discussion but just peddling the same old "poor me' narrative.

People like should be sued for your liberal use of such outrageous and not-qualifiable terms, just to point score. It's actually sad. Do you see this?

Sorry to get personal (something you have no qualms about) but you're quite a protected species for an extinct one. Your heavil biased views are also becoming extinct. I reckon Daisy Pierce would agree.
never used the word outraged - if you can't see the irony of your comments in view of the sexist garbage coming out of you then there is no hope you'll ever evolve from the patriarchal lichen you are

your sad little foot-stamps are getting worse - answer the accusation - are you a misogynist or not?

I have no bias on the big ticket items Thy. Not towards gender.....I despise all religion I don't favour any....Not towards sexuality. People should be who they are.

Now tell me about you? You seem to be biased to me. Are you biased?

So what's the point people are trying to make here? Too many injuries so we shouldn't let the precious women take part? Let's make up some rules just for them? Thank god you guys are here to protect them.

I have no bias on the big ticket items Thy. Not towards gender.....I despise all religion I don't favour any....Not towards sexuality. People should be who they are.

Now tell me about you? You seem to be biased to me. Are you biased?
I'm an activist for equality and women's rights - that's all you'll get from me and more than you deserve.

never used the word outraged - if you can't see the irony of your comments in view of the sexist garbage coming out of you then there is no hope you'll ever evolve from the patriarchal lichen you are

Show me one sexist thing I have put forward.
Not sexist by your definition, ut by pure definition. Show me one.

You're reverse sexist. You are biased and you may well have your reasons and I think you do, but that doesn't make you right on those grounds alone.
I'm sorry you're biased. It's not a good thing no matter how much you want to show it up to be.

I'm an activist for equality and women's rights - that's all you'll get from me and more than you deserve.

Yes. You're biased. Can't you see this.
You are incapable of objective discussion and let's be frank.....You don't discuss nor educate....Just put people down who don't share your views.

What do your friends think of your bias?

Im sure that works - until they get injured. Unless you are any number of AFL players who have sued over injuries sustained during matches - including Carltons own Luke O'Sullivan - or NFL players who have just done a billion dollar settlement over concussion injuries with the NFL.

Medico-legal ethical issues all over the place, unfortunately.

From the medical side, if players are reasonably informed about the health risks of playing any sport (+ there's a way to demonstrate this capacity and understanding, like a paper agreement or idk really, if you're a lawyer teach me) and they consent, then there shouldn't be an issue.

I can't help you with problems you have denying your stance on women's progression on many levels - you never support women's issues, your mealy-mouthed dismissal of the aflw is well recorded here for a kick off. You are incapable of empathy for those who have been repressed or marginalised. Do you agree women have been repressed by men over history? Yes or no?

So what's the point people are trying to make here? Too many injuries so we shouldn't let the precious women take part? Let's make up some rules just for them? Thank god you guys are here to protect them.

yeah i mean thats exactly what we said. verbatim. I never said women shouldnt take part, I said the AFL probably will make modifications to the rules specific to the womens game if needed to protect itself as much as them. Its the nature of things these days.

We could equally say thank god you guys are here to look out for them.

Medico-legal ethical issues all over the place, unfortunately.

From the medical side, if players are reasonably informed about the health risks of playing any sport (+ there's a way to demonstrate this capacity and understanding, like a paper agreement or idk really, if you're a lawyer teach me) and they consent, then there shouldn't be an issue.

Are waivers worth the paper they are written on when push comes to shove?

this might be more a Malifice thing, if hes ever around any more :p

Yes. You're biased. Can't you see this.
You are incapable of objective discussion and let's be frank.....You don't discuss nor educate....Just put people down who don't share your views.

What do your friends think of your bias?
bias - do you have a spare white t-shirt, harker?

‘When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression’

I can't help you with problems you have denying your stance on women's progression on many levels - you never support women's issues, your mealy-mouthed dismissal of the aflw is well recorded here for a kick off. You are incapable of empathy for those who have been repressed or marginalised. Do you agree women have been repressed by men over history? Yes or no?

Now be honest. Where have I denied the rights of women? You have no idea.
You're just making s**t up to puff your chest out to showcase yourself as some sort of political warrior.

It's a delusion and you're the one sprouting those mealy terms not me. read back on the posts and you'll see what I mean. Go on....read back.

bias - do you have a spare white t-shirt, harker?

‘When You’re Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression’

Oh no. You're not going to sprout that White Privilege s**t are you? Are you still on campus? :)

I've invited you many times over to have these discussions in the right forum being the SRP board, but there may not be that many 'likes' there for you and you're protected here also.

OK Enough of this s**t. Now, do you want to ave a civil discussion about Mo Hope or not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jesus, I get paid for dealing with ignorant morons like you at work - ****ed if I'll spend any more time on it - I'll be watching your comments with interest - anytime someone feels hurt or hard done by there you'll be telling them that's how it's supposed to be

jesus, I get paid for dealing with ignorant morons like you at work - ****** if I'll spend any more time on it - I'll be watching your comments with interest - anytime someone feels hurt or hard done by there you'll be telling them that's how it's supposed to be

I'll stop and try to engage.

On what grounds did Mo Hope have to be sickened and why did Daisy Pierce disagree with Hopes stance?

You now have two women at odds with one another. What's your view? Is Daisy wrong?

jesus, I get paid for dealing with ignorant morons like you at work - ****** if I'll spend any more time on it - I'll be watching your comments with interest - anytime someone feels hurt or hard done by there you'll be telling them that's how it's supposed to be
What exactly do you do for a job ??

I have no respect for you, I have no interest in you. Past experience has shown me your ability to obfuscate and cloud issues with harker filibustering deem any conversation with you pointless. You exhaust people with your blathering, hair-splitting style of argument. I don't debate for debates sake. You fear change, I try to embrace it. I'd put you on ignore but mra types like you need to be kept in view.

This is grouse.

Harks using the ... at will.

The big T60, throwing words out, at will, barely) or is it barley??) no one knows.

Between the pair of you, shameful English.

Knuckles, fight on.

Back to Jezza.

Shut up. I like Thy and feel he has a lot to say. I just wish he'd say it.
Me? Just an everyday misogynist, racist, sexist and pharmaceutical engineer.

Discussion is healthy and we're all just a little too precious sometimes. Who cares about feelings when something bigger may be achieved?

I realise where I’m headed at the end of this post, but it’s been a while since anyone put me on ignore, so what the heck...

As you know, Thy, I’m a fan of your work. But every time this type of discussion comes up, you turn into everything you’re accusing others of being.
You call yourself an “activist for equality and women’s rights”, but you sound more like the elected spokesperson for every woman on the planet.

The rage, resentment, intolerance, indignation, hostility and division that surrounds these discussions has to stop.

Above all, this “with us or against us” stance is driving a divide between people. We shriek so loudly, and so persistently, that none of us can hear each other. And the longer it goes on, the less we want to.

I should clarify. I admire those, like yourself, who fight for good. Who protest against wrong. I watch on and cheer, however I’ve never marched on anything, nor have I waved a placard. So maybe I’m ignorant.

I feel strongly about “injustice”. However, I’m not a social justice warrior. I’m more your social justice worrier. Worried that there exists, a genuine and concerning lack of justice.

Yet still, I continue to believe in human kindness, common interest, the primacy of the heart, friendship, and decency. These are, however, internal feelings, personal beliefs, not external convictions, or a stance from which I refuse to waiver, or demand that others follow.

I have a natural abhorrence toward racism, homophobia, misogyny, man hating, bullying, bigotry, intolerance or discrimination in any guise. And would want it all to end. And surely that’s a given amongst all of us. At least the majority of us.

My question is, how is such a virtuous goal to be achieved? Preachiness? Piety, self righteousness, denunciation, shaming, accusation, inquisition, censorship?
Maybe. But doubtful.

Hence my objection to the manner in which you argue your case. It appears to embody and embrace all of the above. Ironically, with the intention of combating all of the above.

I want the dream. I want to achieve a fair and just world, where everyone is treated with the respect and value they deserve. I just don’t think this helps. Further more, I see nothing to suggest, it works at all.

One of our greatest human failings, and a significant part of the human condition, is to prefer to be right, than to be effective.

Progress, and decency, are not achieved by preachers, semantics, and guardians of morality. Sometimes our stances are akin to trying to hang on to that snapper. It appears the harder we squeeze on them, the more they slip away from us.

I’m not so concerned with what you call me. Or how you label me. I’m more interested in how I’m treated by you. And how I treat others.

We’ve come a long way. However I feel it has less to do with indignation, and more to do with genuine human decency. There’s still much work to be done. So maybe we should focus less on being “correct” and more on being decent to one another.

Coach.

I realise where I’m headed at the end of this post, but it’s been a while since anyone put me on ignore, so what the heck...

As you know, Thy, I’m a fan of your work. But every time this type of discussion comes up, you turn into everything you’re accusing others of being.
You call yourself an “activist for equality and women’s rights”, but you sound more like the elected spokesperson for every woman on the planet.

The rage, resentment, intolerance, indignation, hostility and division that surrounds these discussions has to stop.

Above all, this “with us or against us” stance is driving a divide between people. We shriek so loudly, and so persistently, that none of us can hear each other. And the longer it goes on, the less we want to.

I should clarify. I admire those, like yourself, who fight for good. Who protest against wrong. I watch on and cheer, however I’ve never marched on anything, nor have I waved a placard. So maybe I’m ignorant.

I feel strongly about “injustice”. However, I’m not a social justice warrior. I’m more your social justice worrier. Worried that there exists, a genuine and concerning lack of justice.

Yet still, I continue to believe in human kindness, common interest, the primacy of the heart, friendship, and decency. These are, however, internal feelings, personal beliefs, not external convictions, or a stance from which I refuse to waiver, or demand that others follow.

I have a natural abhorrence toward racism, homophobia, misogyny, man hating, bullying, bigotry, intolerance or discrimination in any guise. And would want it all to end. And surely that’s a given amongst all of us. At least the majority of us.

My question is, how is such a virtuous goal to be achieved? Preachiness? Piety, self righteousness, denunciation, shaming, accusation, inquisition, censorship?
Maybe. But doubtful.

Hence my objection to the manner in which you argue your case. It appears to embody and embrace all of the above. Ironically, with the intention of combating all of the above.

I want the dream. I want to achieve a fair and just world, where everyone is treated with the respect and value they deserve. I just don’t think this helps. Further more, I see nothing to suggest, it works at all.

One of our greatest human failings, and a significant part of the human condition, is to prefer to be right, than to be effective.

Progress, and decency, are not achieved by preachers, semantics, and guardians of morality. Sometimes our stances are akin to trying to hang on to that snapper. It appears the harder we squeeze on them, the more they slip away from us.

I’m not so concerned with what you call me. Or how you label me. I’m more interested in how I’m treated by you. And how I treat others.

We’ve come a long way. However I feel it has less to do with indignation, and more to do with genuine human decency. There’s still much work to be done. So maybe we should focus less on being “correct” and more on being decent to one another.

Coach.
lovely post, coach :thumbsu: excuse me if I push back against the ignorance of denial........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back