AFLW AFLW General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Tayla, always the victim.

No mention about her being in any way part of the problem that lead to that situation.
I'm kinda confused. I usually pay close attention to carlton stuff and I don't really remember anyone at the club being too overt about Tayla.
The point I got from the club was there was a gap in what she was asking and what we wanted to pay and therefore couldn't find a happy middle, let's move on.
Hardly disparaging and besmirching towards her.
If she got what she was asking at Melbourne I would be extremely surprised.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

She only got a one year contract at the Dees. Think similar money to what we had her on, but don’t quote me on that.

They were apparently the only club in the league willing to give her another shot. Makes sense they’d want her to prove her worth before stumping up anything more.

I see our former Irish recruit Jo Doonan is back in melbourne. I wonder is she is going to have another crack at the big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, while this weekend will be our last match for the season (unless we get incredibly lucky and make finals with our very slim mathematical chance) it won't be our last game for the year.

AFLW Season 2022 II kicks off in August. So those clubs with longterm injuries might not get their players back before next season. Lets hope we don't get raided too hard by the new vic clubs and we pick up some decent players at the trade table.

Where will all the umpires required come from?
Training them. Hell, revamp the umpiring responsibilities so boundary umpires get more of a say in AFL and AFLW games. This is a flimsy excuse when you're supposed to be building up an 18 team league as a full season.

What will this one be... 10 or 11 rounds instead of 9? Not good enough.

Training them. Hell, revamp the umpiring responsibilities so boundary umpires get more of a say in AFL and AFLW games. This is a flimsy excuse when you're supposed to be building up an 18 team league as a full season.

What will this one be... 10 or 11 rounds instead of 9? Not good enough.

Flimsy?

Yeah you might need to keep up with the current news.

The umpiring numbers are critically low. It's not as simple as "training them".

Flimsy?

Yeah you might need to keep up with the current news.

The umpiring numbers are critically low. It's not as simple as "training them".
Changing the tactics for how boundary umpires are used and their responsibilities will reduce field umpire running requirements and improve decision making. Training goal umpires to take on field umpiring duties is another way to fast-track numbers.

Kicking some cash into the state programs to better train existing new candidates creates yet more umpires to choose from.

Changing the tactics for how boundary umpires are used and their responsibilities will reduce field umpire running requirements and improve decision making. Training goal umpires to take on field umpiring duties is another way to fast-track numbers.

Kicking some cash into the state programs to better train existing new candidates creates yet more umpires to choose from.

Having boundary umpires and goal umpires making calls would wreck the game.

Total and utter confusion would reign on the ground constantly.

Half the boundary umpires can hardly throw the ball in with any depth. Giving them the same responsibility as the field umpires would end badly.

More money is needed as they aren't paid enough for what they do.

Having boundary umpires and goal umpires making calls would wreck the game.

Total and utter confusion would reign on the ground constantly.

Half the boundary umpires can hardly throw the ball in with any depth. Giving them the same responsibility as the field umpires would end badly.

More money is needed as they aren't paid enough for what they do.
You're misunderstanding: you train a different scheme of how the boundary and field umpires work through midfield positioning and how F50 entries are handled: basically the boundary ump on the far side of the play comes in a little, and can override a call when they are on the advantage side of viewing the play.

The goal umpires would be trained to be part of the field umpire selection pool where possible, and replaced with new goal umpires.

Last I checked AFL umpires were paid senior player minimum for part time hours.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back