AFLW AFLW General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just coming here to post this. What an absolute cluster f**k!

Could the AFL be any more explicit that their support of the women's competition is barely more than a token effort ...

The scramble to organise lists and be ready for a season start in August is going to be insane.

About time they (are allowed to?) offer the players decent contracts, in terms of $$ and duration.
Even without the expansion clubs coming in each year, trade period is like ******* musical chairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

going by caro's info last night on crucified, it's pretty much a 100% increase at all 4 tiers............payments to be made across the 12 month calendar period.........nice step in the right direction...........

going by caro's info last night on crucified, it's pretty much a 100% increase at all 4 tiers............payments to be made across the 12 month calendar period.........nice step in the right direction...........
It's 94% and their hours are going up too which is what they want! Unfortunately the details haven't been ironed out yet so there's talk of them going in for training on a weekday....but they don't know which weekday. It's mostly good news anyway. The gals are happy.

AFLW Season 2022 II

Key dates
AFLW Expansion Signing Period 24 May 2022
Sign and Trade Period 31 May 2022
NAB AFLW Draft 29 June 2022
Pre-season commences 13 June 2022
Season Commences, 25-27 August 2022*
Finals commences, 4-6 November 2022*
NAB AFLW Grand Final, Weekend of 25-27 November 2022* - Fixtured dates and game times TBC

Sucks that the draft is a few weeks after pre-sesosn starts, we really need our recruits to be up and running asap.

It is also s**t it is only 10 rounds again, with 18 teams. I wonder if we'll ever play westcoast at this rate...

AFLW Season 2022 II

Sucks that the draft is a few weeks after pre-sesosn starts, we really need our recruits to be up and running asap.

It is also s**t it is only 10 rounds again, with 18 teams. I wonder if we'll ever play westcoast at this rate...

The players wanted only 10 rounds as they've obvs played a full season already :sweatsmile: but also pushed really hard for game increases in 2023 and 2024. The AFL wanted to keep it at 10 games for the next 3 years.

OMG. The potential for imbalance in a 10 game season is huuuuuuge! Especially with 4 expansion teams.

So, while it's great for the players that they're getting a huge increase (in percentage terms), the competition will remain amateurish in terms of the way it's conducted.

Such a shame that they can't seem to give it the recognition/support it deserves.

I have just read that Jess Wuetschner from the Brisbane Lions has not been offered a new deal. Just turned 30 and averages a goal a game

With our outs she might be worthwhile having a chat to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montana Ham is nominating for the NSW draft, so that might shake up the Victorian order a bit.

Looks like she managed to get a full scholarship at USYD and a job lined up to get picked up by the Swans.

Edit

Another one, top 10 of the vic draft has just had a shakeup.

I gotta say, I've never seen 36 more bored looking individuals in my life.....poor ol' CJ looks like he's praying for it all to be over and done with...

FYJjpnuaAAA6J26

Just me or a weird decision to play an Erin Philips-led Port Adelaide's first ever AFLW game against a crap team in WA with almost no spectators?

Could have been turned into a fair spectacle in SA no?

Leaves to a traditional rival and is shocked about backlash?

Attachments

• images (82).jpeg
    images (82).jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 63

Remove this Banner Ad

Back