Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Never had so much fun apparently, along with Contiā€™s ā€œthis club really supports me in both sportsā€. Backhanders to our club, yet who supported Brennanā€™s appeal in 2018, and allowed Conti to manage her basketball commitment?

And apparently we donā€™t have any leadership in AFLW either, given this article omits us completely:

These articles can always be a bit dicey as it is a fine line to walk between complimenting your new club and not insulting your old club.
I wouldn't read too much into what is said - it is the standard AFL media response with no real insight into anything.

These articles can always be a bit dicey as it is a fine line to walk between complimenting your new club and not insulting your old club.
I wouldn't read too much into what is said - it is the standard AFL media response with no real insight into anything.
A response of, 'I think I made a big mistake coming here, Bulldogs were so much better', now that would have got peoples attention.

Love a bit of good old bulldog paranoia. šŸ˜‚

Paranoia? They're backhanded 'compliments' from the players.
Paranoia is an instinct or thought process which is believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.
But I guess given you must know me personally, you would know how paranoid I am. I suppose I could interpret from your posts you're a left-handed black midget with fascist sympathies...?

You'd think someone who has held a leadership position would have some ability to walk that line - apparently not.

Paranoia? They're backhanded 'compliments' from the players.
Paranoia is an instinct or thought process which is believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.
But I guess given you must know me personally, you would know how paranoid I am. I suppose I could interpret from your posts you're a left-handed black midget with fascist sympathies...?

thanks Dr Freud.

Look Brennan was pretty average at our club, always injured, didnā€™t win a premiership, maybe she realised she needed a fresh start, I agree after the medical and legal support she got from this club it was poor form. I miss Kearney and Conti more than I miss her. But onwards and upwards, we have some good ā€˜youngerā€™ players coming through.

Fun fact we have two ex bulldogs who are captains at other clubs #pioneerclub##weleadotherscopy#

I count at least 9 ex-Bulldogs (Zielke, Kaslar, Arnell, Loynes, Davey, Chiocci, O'Dea, Kearney and Brennan) who have gone on to captain another AFLW team.

Perhaps the AFLW website will be updated when there's actually an official club announcement made (likely involving ex-Demon Ellie Blackburn, unless ex-Saint Nathan Burke is planning on doing something stupid), anybody have an idea when that will be?

I count at least 9 ex-Bulldogs (Zielke, Kaslar, Arnell, Loynes, Davey, Chiocci, O'Dea, Kearney and Brennan) who have gone on to captain another AFLW team.

Perhaps the AFLW website will be updated when there's actually an official club announcement made (likely involving ex-Demon Ellie Blackburn, unless ex-Saint Nathan Burke is planning on doing something stupid), anybody have an idea when that will be?
Other than Kearney and Brennan, none of those names played for the Bulldogs in AFLW did they? I think they were only part of the Dogs vs Melbourne exhibition type games which don't really count as they pre-dated the current comp..

The article will be updated with our leadership group when it's announced (which should be either later this week or early next week). The Gold Coast also hasn't announced their leadership group and are missing from the article as well. Sarah Black's always on the ball so expect it to be updated as soon as the info get's announced.

As for the players who went on to captain other clubs only Kearney and Brennan played for us in the AFLW the others played during the exhibition matches between 2013-2016 and aren't officially counted as AFLW (First Class) games.

Also to note from 2020 onwards we should be seeing a lot LESS player movement in the AFLW with longer contracts now available and limited expansion.

Anyway on to more exciting thoughts it's only 17 days until our first game of the 2020 season. This will be the first time a senior Bulldogs team has played at Moorabbin since July 1992 when we narrowly beat the Saints by 13 points with Del-Re kicking 5 and Atkins racking up a massive 45 disposals. Interestingly Christ Grant didn't play that day but let's hope we'll see Isabella Grant out there on February 9th.

The article will be updated with our leadership group when it's announced (which should be either later this week or early next week). The Gold Coast also hasn't announced their leadership group and are missing from the article as well. Sarah Black's always on the ball so expect it to be updated as soon as the info get's announced.

As for the players who went on to captain other clubs only Kearney and Brennan played for us in the AFLW the others played during the exhibition matches between 2013-2016 and aren't officially counted as AFLW (First Class) games.

Also to note from 2020 onwards we should be seeing a lot LESS player movement in the AFLW with longer contracts now available and limited expansion.

Anyway on to more exciting thoughts it's only 17 days until our first game of the 2020 season. This will be the first time a senior Bulldogs team has played at Moorabbin since July 1992 when we narrowly beat the Saints by 13 points with Del-Re kicking 5 and Atkins racking up a massive 45 disposals. Interestingly Christ Grant didn't play that day but let's hope we'll see Isabella Grant out there on February 9th.
Chris Grant did play his first game against the Saints though,and it looks like his Daughter will as well.

Chris Grant did play his first game against the Saints though,and it looks like his Daughter will as well.

Unless I am mistaken Isabella Grant and Gemma Lagoia both appear to be missing from the practice match squad, did either take part in last weeks action or are one or both currently injured ??

It's been updated. Blackburn is captain, Lockland vice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked really good against the Cats today, probably the best weā€™ve played as a team since 2018.

Downside Blackburn went off with a hand injury during the second quarter and was sent off for scans.

Have we had any hand injuries in the AFL/AFLW of late that we can gauge it to?

Good news, Ellie is fine. Hand injuries are usually pretty minor in general anyway (typically ranges from zero to two weeks). Expect to see her round 1.

Captain Ellie Blackburn has been cleared of any serious injury to her hand following Saturdayā€™s AFLW practice match win over Geelong.
Blackburn left the field halfway through the second quarter and did not return to the action.
While scans after the incident confirmed no break or fracture, Blackburn will be monitored closely in the lead-up to the Bulldogsā€™ season opener against St Kilda next Sunday.

Round one team is in. Brooke Lochland, Ashleigh Guest and Isabella Grant are currently injured.

AFLW ROUND 1
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs
Sunday 9 February, 3.10pm AEDT
RSEA Park, Moorabbin

B: Angelica Gogos, Lauren Spark
HB: Ellyse Gamble, Isabel Huntington, Naomi Ferres
C: Bailey Hunt, Kirsty Lamb, Nicole Callinan
HF:
Gabby Newton, Bonnie Toogood, Kirsten McLeod
F: Elisabeth Georgostathis, Deanna Berry
Foll:
Celine Moody, Ellie Blackburn, Aisling McCarthy
Int: Danielle Marshall, Kim Rennie, Gemma Lagioia
Hannah Scott, Katy Herron
Emer: Eleanor Brown, Hannah Munyard

Pretty different looking team from two years ago with only 12 players who played in the premiership named (still 15 on the list overall). Looking forward to see how the team goes under Burke.

Bugger about the injuries. Still, looking forward to the game on Sunday and seeing what the girls can do!

Footy is back!!

Sorry, but I find seeing this Richmond AFLW team as despicable as the one I hate so much. And seeing those ex=Bulldogs players on the Tigers makes me want to vomit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back