Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Well put!

I was just on the North board trying to put forward this very point. Apparently I’m a bitter sook. It’s not their fault, obviously, but clearly they’ve been given far too much help - not only creating a dream team but also taking a wrecking ball to other established clubs.

Why’d you even bother posting the on the norf forum?

Nauseating, loathsome pissants.

Well put!

I was just on the North board trying to put forward this very point. Apparently I’m a bitter sook. It’s not their fault, obviously, but clearly they’ve been given far too much help - not only creating a dream team but also taking a wrecking ball to other established clubs.

Don’t think you you can reason with Norf supporters, they invented AFLW don’t you know :rolleyes: they have have showed the expansion clubs of 2020 how to take players from successful clubs for success built on other teams work.

Not making the most of our chances up forward when we get them, sucks that by the time we get Lochland and Huntington back the season's just about over. I thought the switch to long kicking and playing on could have sparked something, but still only the one goal.

We're not one of the top teams in it this year despite how much the media likes saying we are, and we've got a rough road ahead of us to get top two in this conference.

And the dude on the commentary just called North a "new franchise", that'll go down well.

Well put!

You are new to the country if I am not mistaken ?

Sorry if I am getting you mixed up with someonelse.

If that is the case just a word of warning. Norf as Leon has said are a loathsome bunch of turds.

Do not go on their board.

Yeah they were given access to way too many stars. Hope the new teams rip them to shreads in recruitment and give them a taste of their own medicine. No one is beating North this year, they are just too good and scoring heaps of points, way more than the next best team.

Yeah they were given access to way too many stars. Hope the new teams rip them to shreads in recruitment and give them a taste of their own medicine. No one is beating North this year, they are just too good and scoring heaps of points, way more than the next best team.

Swings and roundabouts, they have won no friends, so expect they will be pillaged next year and no sympathy from the rest of the competition.

Don’t think you you can reason with Norf supporters, they invented AFLW don’t you know :rolleyes: they have have showed the expansion clubs of 2020 how to take players from successful clubs for success built on other teams work.

Haha, are they seriously saying they invented it? Bulldogs and Melbourne led the way at a serious level for ages. Geelong has a greater claim to doing more for womens football than North do. They've been one of the very rare few regions who have had women's football teams locally for two decades now.
Laughably deluded if they think they are pioneers in anything.

She is the head of the comp.

The buck stops with her.
Yeah if she was part of the formation of team Judas I'm crossing her off the Christmas card list.
wtf is she on about here?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/37776affe545fa716daec5440f93a8f9

For Nicole Livingstone, the final destination for women’s AFL is for that word “women’s” to be discarded and to have footy genderless. The AFL’s head of women’s football wants people to watch their club and not be caught in debate about the male game versus the female game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commenta
Haha, are they seriously saying they invented it? Bulldogs and Melbourne led the way at a serious level for ages. Geelong has a greater claim to doing more for womens football than North do. They've been one of the very rare few regions who have had women's football teams locally for two decades now.
Laughably deluded if they think they are pioneers in anything.

Yeah, have a look on the AFLW thread on the main board, Kearney only got as good as she did because Norf developed her apparently, Norf were the pioneers of Women’s footy, apparently :oops::rolleyes:;)

Disappointing. Although the difference two players can make in this comp shouldn't be understated. We get Izzy and Brooke and North without Kearney/King and game would have been a much tighter affair.

Plenty to work on ahead of clash with Lions. Need to go through undefeated now if we're to guarantee a top 2 finish. And we need to get some percentage back at some point.

Commenta

Yeah, have a look on the AFLW thread on the main board, Kearney only got as good as she did because Norf developed her apparently, Norf were the pioneers of Women’s footy, apparently :oops::rolleyes:;)
So glad I love cricket and am able to have the AFLW overridden by the Big Bash tonight.

Disappointing. Although the difference two players can make in this comp shouldn't be understated. We get Izzy and Brooke and North without Kearney/King and game would have been a much tighter affair.

Plenty to work on ahead of clash with Lions. Need to go through undefeated now if we're to guarantee a top 2 finish. And we need to get some percentage back at some point.

I noted that we seemed to lose our structure a bit, Norf, true to their culture pretty mouthy as well. If we meet them again in the finals we would have learned a lot, and we get Brooke back too.

The Fremantle game will be the big one I reckon. Still think Adelaide is a better than us, should have smashed us. Could easily free fall from here.

We play Lions Home, Fremantle Away, Melbourne Home, Carlton Home

A pretty friendly fixture on paper.

Also Bruton was in their best players :(

All this angst about the Kangaroos being a superteam, I know it's frustrating for us and sucks for all the teams that didn't get compensated for the players they lost, but it's not like North have done anything wrong. They want to win the flag, and they haven't broken the rules in going about that. If you've got pitchforks at the ready, march on AFL House I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back