Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
32-7 down at half time, what a shocker of a year. Hopefully don’t lose too many more key players
Should have at least a couple of goals with 12 more inside 50's. The backline is as slow as wet week, every time it goes down there the opposition players eyes should light up like Christmas trees. I would like to know what plan they have out there. Players are certainly not listening to it.

Not the first time I've thought this but this team seems poorly coached to me. The game plan is kick short to the wings relentlessly, then the inevitable turnover as someone fluffs their kick. We just don't have the skills to sustain this method; no wonder we can't score goals.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not the first time I've thought this but this team seems poorly coached to me. The game plan is kick short to the wings relentlessly, then the inevitable turnover as someone fluffs their kick. We just don't have the skills to sustain this method; no wonder we can't score goals.
Totally agree. Too many short, risky kicks. It’s been like that since Round 1 and nothing has changed despite it obviously failing.

TheFool

Cancelled
May 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very interesting to see Aisling McCarthy in at a few centre bounces, and with one very nice clearance that I can remember. I'm not across all the Irish players in the comp, but the ones I can think of they play forward and a bit on the wing. She dropped some marks today but I really like her and hope she comes back next year.

Also loved her goal celebration with Aisling Utri - that kind of joy and energy is something we could have done with more of this year.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saturday 23 March
First preliminary final
Carlton (first in Conference B) vs Fremantle (second in Conference A) at Ikon Park, 2.45pm EDT/11:45am WST.

Sunday 24 March
Second preliminary final
Adelaide (first in Conference A) vs Geelong (second in Conference B) at Adelaide Oval, 12.40pm CDT/1.10pm EDT.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So, how soon do we start hearing about our better players being poached by the 2020 expansion sides? Or maybe the mercenaries that left us last year will move again.

Support local women's leagues, suburban and rural, not the corrupt AFLW.

TheFool

Cancelled
May 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane and Freo are set to lose up to eight players each to expansion, and Vic clubs up to four. Adelaide still sitting pretty covering all of South Australia and the NT.

As if they weren't a force enough already!

EDIT: Should have said of course Adelaide COULD lose four as well, but they're in the best possible position to keep everyone they want to keep, unlike the Vic clubs.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2003
Skinner Reserve
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Brisbane and Freo are set to lose up to eight players each to expansion, and Vic clubs up to four. Adelaide still sitting pretty covering all of South Australia and the NT.

As if they weren't a force enough already!

EDIT: Should have said of course Adelaide COULD lose four as well, but they're in the best possible position to keep everyone they want to keep, unlike the Vic clubs.

Yep, Koch asleep at the wheel with Port not bothering to seek an AFLW licence.

Slack Nang

Senior List
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CDFC
Ah, well. It was a nice day and the last quarter fightback was good to watch

We at least won something. Our Pride jumpers looked great. I went to the Carlton website this morning trying to learn anything about their design and it is there but to me it looked like a rorschach test threw up on one of those magic eye paintings from the '90's. Sorry dude, I didn't like it

I would buy one if it didn't have Bob Jane on it. By the way, that is the way to appeal to kids. Promote diversity, inclusion and acceptance, not some hokey marketing gimmick from one of the biggest corporations in the world trying to sell more hokey marketing gimmicks...:mad::mad:

P.S. I like drag racing

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey peeps, so just wanted to drop in and let you all know the AFL goal of the year and mark of the year voting is up, and two doggies girls have been nominated; with my mate Kirsten McLeod nominated for GOTY, and Aisling Ultri for MOTY.

Voting is super easy if you can spare a minute of your time. Unlike the men's ones, there is no need for registration or typing in any details. You just simply click the name you wanna vote for and it's done.

Now, I'm not gonna tell anyone who to vote for, but it would appreciated if you could vote for the two doggies girls (especially if you vote for Kirsten). If you wanna vote for someone else for whatever reason that's fine too I guess.

Here are the links:
https://womens.afl/goaloftheyear
https://womens.afl/markoftheyear

Voting closes 12pm tonight, so get in quick if you're interested!

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Katie leaves, I will actually be done with AFLW. Losing Emma for nothing, then losing Katie for SFA will be the end for me. Absolute joke.
Completely agree. Losing Kearney, Bruton and then potentially Brennan within 2 years is basically like if we lost Bont, Hunter and then Macrae all within 2 years. The AFLW really takes the piss with how they've handled the expansion sides last year, better not allow the poaching of every good player once again or I'm just giving up on AFLW all together

Although i watched the girls play this season the league has pretty much lost me already. It seems to me that it is becoming just a little too agenda driven instead of just letting the girls play. The poaching doesnt help much either.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
True.
At least we have a AFLW flag before the vultures decended.
Melbourne have been left with nothing.
I feel for Collingwood too. We've both just been left with nothing after expansion sides poaching some of our best players (and basically Collingwood's entire defence). What motivation is there to actually follow when your club loses everything they've worked to build

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
It’s càpped at 4 players from one side

Still one year it's Kearney, Bannister, Brutton and O'Connor and then next year it's Brennan and a bunch of middle tier players that you can't replace en masse. It adds up real quickly and frankly it's gonna hurt the Bulldogs and Demons more than teams like Adelaide or North.

Back