Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be a bad sign, Conti has changed her Instagram profile from "Western Bulldogs #8" to "AFLW Athlete"

Take it with a grain of salt, but not a good sign i'd say.

Grain of salt, but looks quite likely.

Bloody hell if this if that's the case. We've easily lost arguably close to a few of our top 5 players, maybe all of them but one. Yet have nothing to show for it in terms of adequate compensation. F the AFL and those involved with AFLW administration.

Might be a bad sign, Conti has changed her Instagram profile from "Western Bulldogs #8" to "AFLW Athlete"

Take it with a grain of salt, but not a good sign i'd say.

View attachment 654512
Hmm... certainly not a good sign. You would think that her manager or Richmond (or whatever club she may be linked to) wouldn't want her giving any indications (that she's leaving or staying) prior to any sort of formal announcement being made, so I hope this was just a silly attempt to just try and take the pressure off.

I admittedly have very little interest in the AFLW that’s already been made worse after losing Kearney & Brennan in consecutive years, but if we lose Conti as well I will have no interest at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'AFLW athlete'... seriously? I'd expect all AFL, and even most AFLW players, to refer to themselves as a 'footballer', because that is what they are. Whether you play for Nar Nar Goon thirds, Loreto Ballarat girls' team or one of the Tiwi Island teams, you are a 'footballer'. 'Athlete' sounds pretentious, and tbh I'm not surprised by that description on that person's own page.

Also, I've changed my views considerably on AFLW (not women's leagues in general) - I'm now looking forward to the day AFL/AFLW (mis)management start charging for entry, and crowds drop by 90%. Wonder how they'll spin that one...

So we've lost Brennan (Richmond), Ernst (Gold Coast) and now Karlson (St Kilda). If we lose one more before Conti gets settled, we'd at least be getting something back for her if she wants to go.

So we've lost Brennan (Richmond), Ernst (Gold Coast) and now Karlson (St Kilda). If we lose one more before Conti gets settled, we'd at least be getting something back for her if she wants to go.
If we lose one more, it means Conti is actually untouchable from my understanding. Each established Vic team can only have four players 'poached' by new teams.

Did I read somewhere today that Nicole Livingstone had said the conferences are staying as they received overwhelming support?

Correct, i’d love to see her evidence. More like an ultimatum.

She can't be poached, but she can still request a trade.

She can request a trade to any of the existing clubs only and we would have to get something in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back