Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Frederick was traded to Richmond for pick 12, so not poached, still shouldn’t matter as we have lost 4 players to new club.

Brennan, Ernst, Karlson, Smith

Did I read somewhere today that Nicole Livingstone had said the conferences are staying as they received overwhelming support?

She did say that. It's like feeding your kids a crap sandwich and telling them it's Nutella

I don't get it. How could someone so bad at their job continue to feed us such garbage and get away with it. It helps when you constantly block people on social media and ignore those who actually care, you know, the players, coaches, clubs and fans

Eventually she will fall on her sword. She is so ill equipped to do her job competently I am almost convinced it was by design

She did say that. It's like feeding your kids a crap sandwich and telling them it's Nutella

I don't get it. How could someone so bad at their job continue to feed us such garbage and get away with it. It helps when you constantly block people on social media and ignore those who actually care, you know, the players, coaches, clubs and fans

Eventually she will fall on her sword. She is so ill equipped to do her job competently I am almost convinced it was by design

She has to go, no one wanted conferences (players, clubs, media, supporters). It's the blatant lies that are worrying, she has turned into the AFL's Trump.

Did I read somewhere today that Nicole Livingstone had said the conferences are staying as they received overwhelming support?

I mean we all knew they were staying but her argument is that it meant that more teams were in the running later in the year. You know, because two conference B teams were just soooooooooooooooooo good and deserved to make finals despite having worse percentage and wins then most of conference A.

If Richmond make Sabrina F a tier 1 player, they’re wasting their money. Watched her closely when we played them at VUWO. Key forward, struggled to mark against smaller/lighter opponents, useless in general play, kicking ordinary. Massively over-rated, Brennan has her covered for good games over past 3 seasons.
Mo Hope at least has decent skills, would be good as a 3rd forward alongside Izzy and another tall, or smaller leading forward from the square with Izzy at CHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond make Sabrina F a tier 1 player, they’re wasting their money. Watched her closely when we played them at VUWO. Key forward, struggled to mark against smaller/lighter opponents, useless in general play, kicking ordinary. Massively over-rated, Brennan has her covered for good games over past 3 seasons.
Mo Hope at least has decent skills, would be good as a 3rd forward alongside Izzy and another tall, or smaller leading forward from the square with Izzy at CHF.

Really hoping we sign Hope, seems like a win-win to me, won't cost us and has big potential.

She has to go, no one wanted conferences (players, clubs, media, supporters). It's the blatant lies that are worrying, she has turned into the AFL's Trump.
I don't think she's going anywhere. Better get used to her.

She was hired to be the AFL's public face for AFLW. She's a woman, famous and admired for being a champion in her long swimming career, an experienced and confident broadcast personality and someone who looks to have a bit of hardness about her if the going happens to get tough (not that I've paid her all that much attention this season, so correct me if you think that's wrong).

That doesn't mean you have to agree with her, or even like her, but unless she makes a terrible and unexpected gaffe I think she'll be in the job for a while.

The conference idea itself is not at fault. It's the implementation of it, and I doubt she'd have been instrumental in it ... at least initially. The AFLW needs to be longer (conference system or not) and if they're going to have a conference system they need to balance it far more thoughtfully than they did this year. Personally I think they have bigger issues to deal with - like the supporters of foundation clubs feeling they've been sold out - and the conference system is just a secondary issue.

Just my two bob's worth. I know many will disagree.

Possibly three-way trade with Carlton and Collingwood?

Davey to Collingwood for Pick 1, Pick 1 to us for Conti.

Leaves us with Picks 1 and 4 (plus father-daughter in Grant).

Last edited:
The AFL in general, not just Livingstone is very Trump like.

Would also like to add Mo Hope and Sarah Perkins. Would get our forward line more dangerous.
Pardon my ignorance, but what was the story with Sarah Perkins this year ? Injured ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back