Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if member tickets are still available or if it sold out? Can’t seem to get any with my AFLW membership but I thought I had guaranteed access.

AFLW Members have access to tickets for 2 hours prior to them going on sale to public.

So if you bought a ticket during that 2 hour period, you'd have got a ticket.

It is now dold out

Bummer, thanks everyone. If by chance anyone decides last minute they can’t or don’t want to go, please let me know. I was stupid and didn’t read the fine print and just thought I could get in with my AFLW membership and told my 3 year old daughter we were going to see the bulldogs on a daddy daughter date. She is not going to be impressed.

Bummer, thanks everyone. If by chance anyone decides last minute they can’t or don’t want to go, please let me know. I was stupid and didn’t read the fine print and just thought I could get in with my AFLW membership and told my 3 year old daughter we were going to see the bulldogs on a daddy daughter date. She is not going to be impressed.
You on Twitter? Screenshot_20210204-180820_Twitter.jpg

Edit: Sorry mate, I got in touch with her. I PMd you and she has a few others who are keen. So since I hadnt heard back from you, she is gonna let next in line have them.

Last edited:
Four changes for tomorrow night...

In: Gamble, McLeod, Rennie, Ferres
Out: Lagioia (omitted), Marshall (omitted), Gutknecht (omitted), Spark (omitted)

I'm happy to see immediate change on poor form which is something we've rarely done before. A bit disappointed that Grant still hasn't been picked but she can't be far away.

Also congratulations to our captain Ellie Blackburn on reaching 30 games.

Games
WB
: 323
CA: 388

Goals
WB
CA: 112

: 23.5
CA: 24.9

Height
WB
: 171
CA: 171

Four changes for tomorrow night...

In: Gamble, McLeod, Rennie, Ferres
Out: Lagioia (omitted), Marshall (omitted), Gutknecht (omitted), Spark (omitted)

I'm happy to see immediate change on poor form which is something we've rarely done before. A bit disappointed that Grant still hasn't been picked but she can't be far away.

Also congratulations to our captain Ellie Blackburn on reaching 30 games.

Games
WB
: 323
CA: 388

Goals
WB
CA: 112

: 23.5
CA: 24.9

Height
WB
: 171
CA: 171
Spark omission is interesting.

You on Twitter? View attachment 1051342

Edit: Sorry mate, I got in touch with her. I PMd you and she has a few others who are keen. So since I hadnt heard back from you, she is gonna let next in line have them.
Thanks for trying Pugz! If anyone else hears about even 1 ticket let me know (my daughter is only 3) so we may be able to get away with her not having one. 🙏🏼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still haven’t had any luck, so please let me know if you come across someone with extra tickets or who can no longer go. Happy to pay a premium. Could be the game that entrenches her loyalty to the club for life. She already requests the song at bedtime but sometimes asks about the Hawks (bloody Neighbour!)

Much better this week and still lots of room for improvement.

Blackburn is still underrated in the wider community and her performance tonight was arguably her best finishing with 22 disposals, 2 goals, 413 metres gained and a game high 163 Ranking Points. Her first goal was given as going 77 metres from Champion Data

Lamb and Huntington continued their excellent form and Fitzgerald was outstanding in her second game. McLeod made up for her first term shocker by kicking one of the goals of year, while Newton returned to form with 3 clearances and 6 tackles.

Our main concern is our composure after marking, we are taking the play on way too many times and getting caught out way too often. Another worry is our tackling pressure, just 56% of our tackle attempts stuck which is a competition low.

Overall a very enjoyable game and as usual here are some of the advanced stats that aren't usually published...

Shots At Goal
WB
: 13 (46%)
CA: 15 (33%)

Ruck Contests (Hitouts/To Advantage)
28 - Moody (12/0)
15 - Rennie (5/1)
3 - Toogood (0/0)
1 - Gamble (0/0)
1 - Newton (0/0)

Hitouts To Advantage
WB
: 1
CA: 11

First Possessions
WB
: 19
CA: 25

Effective Clearances
WB
: 18
CA: 17

Tackle Efficiency
WB
: 56%
CA: 74%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB
: 6
CA: 7

Score Launches
3 - Lamb
2 - Berry, Blackburn
1 - Hartwig, Lynch, Moody, Newton, Rennie

Targets Inside 50
9 - Huntington
4 - Toogood
3 - Berry, McLeod
1 - Georgostathis, Lamb, Morris-Dalton, Newton

Turnovers Punished By Goals
1 - Logos, Lochland, Lynch

Pressure Gauge
WB
: 204 (Elite)
CA: 218 (Elite)

Champion Data Ranking Points/Supercoach Points
163 - Blackburn
126 - Lamb
114 - Fitzgerald
99 - Newton
98 - Berry
91 - Lynch
91 - Gogos
82 - Gamble
81 - Huntington
73 - Hartwig
69 - Ferres
68 - Toogood
63 - Lochland
58 - Rennie
57 - McLeod
54 - Guest
46 - Morris-Dalton
44 - Georgostathis
40 - Moody
25 - Brown
2 - Hunt

Free Kick Summary
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 11.38.13 pm.png

Score Sources
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 11.38.30 pm.png

I thought it was a frustrating game for Lochland, especially as part of me was hoping she could repeat the show she put on against the blues once before, but listening to Burke's press conference she was the one to sacrifice her game when Hunt went down early (within 2 minutes in the first) and played 85% game time all on the wing which is not something she's suited to. So kudos for putting the team first Lochland.

Haven't watched tonight's game yet but from reports Fitzgerald is looking the goods.
And Blackburn a genuine star.
Yeah, I was thinking midfield depth might be a bit of a concern after McCarthy left, but the likes of Fitzgerald, Newton, Georgostathis (the latter of which made some mistakes, but showed good signs) have really stepped up to help Blackburn and Lamb.

I thought it was a frustrating game for Lochland, especially as part of me was hoping she could repeat the show she put on against the blues once before, but listening to Burke's press conference she was the one to sacrifice her game when Hunt went down early (within 2 minutes in the first) and played 85% game time all on the wing which is not something she's suited to. So kudos for putting the team first Lochland.
Yeah, hats off to Lochland. It's a good thing the team were able to win without her playing her natural position, and she adds more flexibility to her game.
Also, I think once McLeod her match fitness up, her and Lochland will probably rotate in the wing role, as McLeod was spending more time on the wing last year and played pretty much exclusively on the wing in her last VFLW season, and is a better field kick and goal kick further out.

Blackburn is pound for pound the best footballer in the league.
I heard from someone whose son played against her in the juniors [in a boys comp] that she won the B&F for the comp

Surely this is happening. These girls(AFLW) missed out on too much last year. To see the tennis go ahead and not them would be galling for quite few reasons.

There will certainly be AFLW next weekend but they might limit the VIC teams travelling for one more week so we might be playing in Melbourne. We'll find out tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back