Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

I think in the original draw we were scheduled to play them out at Casey for the first time, so to get this game at home is good news.

Will be a tough matchup regardless.

Huntington is miles ahead of any other AFLW player for contested marks and is even in the top 3 for overall AFL/AFLW...

As women’s games are shorter maybe she should be higher!

I think the Geelong coach will be looking for a new job at the end of this season

They don’t have much to work with. They went the draft route rather than recruit from expansion rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will be alright in the long run they've got a young list and lost some senior players last year. I'd be much more worried about Richmond and Gold Coast.

Can't say I care much for the Musashi ad they run at the beginning of the Bulldog women's videos. With all the players we've lost in the last couple years it's a bit disconcerting to see Ellie change from the Red White and Blue into the Melbourne colors at the end.

They don’t have much to work with. They went the draft route rather than recruit from expansion rules.
They also went for locals, not realising that Geelong was 20 years behind Melbourne in the development of women’s footy. It’s becoming much more mainstream in the last five years but for at least 30+’years there has been a strong underground women’s footy scene in Melbourne.

Fredrick has really dropped off. Looks like she had cement boots on today. If she was quicker in those last couple of plays in their forward 50, Richmond may have pinched that.

Fredrick has really dropped off. Looks like she had cement boots on today. If she was quicker in those last couple of plays in their forward 50, Richmond may have pinched that.

I've never rated her, and was happy when Richmond traded for her.

Hannah Scott a big in for us. Has she been injured or just not been picked prior? Rate her!

TEAM NEWS | Round 4
Hannah Scott will play her first game of the 2021 NAB AFLW season on Sunday.

6 hrs ago

Hannah Scott will play her first game of the 2021 NAB AFLW season on Sunday, in the Western Bulldogs’ annual Hampson-Hardeman Cup battle against Melbourne.

Scott was part of the earlier exhibition matches in 2015, while fellow inclusion Dani Marshall has also been recalled.

Scott and Marshall will replace Angelica Gogos (ankle) and Nell Morris-Dalton.

Gogos sustained an ankle injury during the Bulldogs’ round three win over Geelong and is set to miss the next couple of weeks.

Ash Guest has been cleared to play this weekend after suffering an eye injury against the Cats, while last week’s debutant Isabella Grant has kept her spot in the team.

Bailey Hunt will spend another week out as she recovers from a calf strain.

The Bulldogs will be looking to add to their two-game winning streak when they meet the undefeated Dees at VU Whitten Oval on Sunday afternoon.

The match will be broadcast live on Channel 7, with the first bounce at 3.10pm.

Score updates will also be available via @BulldogsW on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

All the information you need to know ahead of the game can be found in our round four match preview and in our AFLW match-day hub.

Show you are Made of Red, White and Blue by signing up as an AFLW member for as little as $50 per adult today.

ROUND 4 TEAM

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne
Sunday 21 February, 3.10pm AEDT
VU Whitten Oval

B: Naomi Ferres, Ellyse Gamble
HB: Sarah Hartwig, Katie Lynch, Eleanor Brown
C: Kirsten McLeod, Ellie Blackburn, Ash Guest
HF: Elisabeth Georgostathis, Izzy Huntington, Brooke Lochland
F: Bonnie Toogood, Deanna Berry
Foll: Celine Moody, Gabby Newton, Kirsty Lamb
Int: Dani Marshall, Kim Rennie, Hannah Scott, Isabella Grant, Jess Fitzgerald

Emer: Isabelle Pritchard, Gemma Lagioia

Frederick has an AFLW career because she is tall. She possesses few, if any, other elite traits. Likewise Conti with her speed. Her disposal has been largely average her entire career. Brennan was a solid mark, and an elite kick for goal. Rotting in the festering cesspit that is Richmond AFLW is the appropriate end-point to all their careers.

Does anyone know what time the gates open today? I can't seem to find it online.

Not listed. I'm sure it would be an hour before at least. If not, go down to the Plough or Harts hotel in Victoria St for a shandy.

AFLW Round 4 | Western Bulldogs vs Melbourne
When:
Sunday 21st February
Where: Victoria University Whitten Oval
Gates Open: TBC
Game Starts: 3.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back