Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like that the AFL are able to put a fixture out week by week.

Case in point, Round 5 the 4 teams without a win are drawn against each other.

The sceptic in me says it's open to manipulation, especially when not everyone plays each other.

Watching tonight's replay, I really feel for the girls.

Umps generally let the game flow and put the whistle away, then call the softest tiggy touchwood free going.

Girls must be so confused.
Yes, yes they are...
c30ac08106ee2c546f72b9563c4fface.jpg

Watching tonight's replay, I really feel for the girls.

Umps generally let the game flow and put the whistle away, then call the softest tiggy touchwood free going.

Girls must be so confused.

Yeah if it was just whistle away for everyone except the most blatant frees then I wouldn't give a s**t, it's just that one side is getting the softest frees imaginable while the other side literally cannot doing anything that isn't a free.

With potentially Hawthorn and Essendon due to be introduced is there any chance they could poach a few of our good players? Getting sick of our stars being stolen

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
We have to fully expect it, I just hope they don't allow it to happen on the scale they did when North entered. That set the club back years.

Between Hawks and Essendon, it should be expected that we lose some combination of decent players like Hartwig and Toogood, plus maybe some depth players. What shouldn't be happening is what we saw when Brennan, Bruton and Kearney (plus Conti in trade) all departed for the two expansion teams. Losing your best player and captain, plus one of your best up and comers, would be like if we lost Blackburn, Huntington and Fitzgerald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to fully expect it, I just hope they don't allow it to happen on the scale they did when North entered. That set the club back years.

Between Hawks and Essendon, it should be expected that we lose some combination of decent players like Hartwig and Toogood, plus maybe some depth players. What shouldn't be happening is what we saw when Brennan, Bruton and Kearney (plus Conti in trade) all departed for the two expansion teams. Losing your best player and captain, plus one of your best up and comers, would be like if we lost Blackburn, Huntington and Fitzgerald.
Why did we trade Conti? Were we forced to? Real question. Never understood how we lost one of our best youngsters.

Why did we trade Conti? Were we forced to? Real question. Never understood how we lost one of our best youngsters.
We tried to keep her, tabled a big offer, but she was insistent on going. Guess we figured we should take what we can get, and ended up taking Pick 1 in return. If we could go back, I'd still prefer to have kept Conti. I don't recall her contract situation for sure, but wasn't she out of contract anyway? So we may not have had any choice in the end

We tried to keep her, tabled a big offer, but she was insistent on going. Guess we figured we should take what we can get, and ended up taking Pick 1 in return. If we could go back, I'd still prefer to have kept Conti. I don't recall her contract situation for sure, but wasn't she out of contract anyway? So we may not have had any choice in the end

I'm not sure on the rules but at one point you could only have a certain amount (5?) of contracted players and everyone else on your list was a free agent. I don't know if that's still a thing.

Don't like that the AFL are able to put a fixture out week by week.

Case in point, Round 5 the 4 teams without a win are drawn against each other.

The sceptic in me says it's open to manipulation, especially when not everyone plays each other.
Our original fixture was pretty soft too. Not sure if they'll try to get it back on track now but if they do we're only paying teams below us plus whoever they replace the Melbourne game with. Should set us up for finals provided we don't fall in a heap.

Think she got a lot of sponsorship money when she moved over to Tigers

Brennan was no longer our best KPP, and captaincy was likely to go to Blackburn even if she'd stayed. Plus the cash. And she supposedly wanted a fresh start - this after the club went in to bat for her all over the place when she was suspended for the GF we ultimately won anyway. Conti gave the club a few backhanders in comments when she left (apparently an unknown entity in Richmond AFLW better understood how to handle her as a dual-sport athlete than WB did - was one of them, can't remember the other). There was a whisper a number of her ex-team-mates were not exactly sad to see the back of her either. Club is better off without both of them.

Brennan was no longer our best KPP, and captaincy was likely to go to Blackburn even if she'd stayed. Plus the cash. And she supposedly wanted a fresh start - this after the club went in to bat for her all over the place when she was suspended for the GF we ultimately won anyway. Conti gave the club a few backhanders in comments when she left (apparently an unknown entity in Richmond AFLW better understood how to handle her as a dual-sport athlete than WB did - was one of them, can't remember the other). There was a whisper a number of her ex-team-mates were not exactly sad to see the back of her either. Club is better off without both of them.
Same went for Libby Birch
Said a few things to the media about how unhappy she was at the dogs

Could tell the players took offense to that every since she moved to Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back