Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
4 in a row! The team has made significant improvement since last season. I wonder what turned things around so dramatically.
New coach and solid gameplan. Development of some talented players who've been around for a couple years. Some good positional changes, with Huntington being a great focal point up forward, Lochland really complementing Blackburn's speed in the midfield, and Lynch down back (albeit recruited from another club). Also, just some confidence after winning a couple, which is huge for the younger players.

Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think the suggestion was that the umpiring cost us against St Kilda while the umpiring probably favoured Melbourne when we payed then too.

Yep, the game vs St Kilda will be remembered for a loooong time to come for its appalling standard of umpiring. It most definitely cost us. Surprised there was not a please explain, so poor was it.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think the suggestion was that the umpiring cost us against St Kilda while the umpiring probably favoured Melbourne when we payed then too.
Fair enough.

It will be interesting to see how a revised fixture effects our finals chances.
Our original fixture had us facing: Saints, Blues, Crows, Tigers, GWS, North, Eagles, Dees, Cats.
So Adelaide and possibly North the only likely losses outside the teams we have already faced.

Up until now we have only played teams we were fixtured to play, but that changes with the top of the table pies next week.
We have 3 more currently unscheduled opponents.
Richmond and North seem likely being other Melbourne teams, Adelaide is possible but West Coast having the added double up with Freo we may miss.
It would seem unfair to have our match against the one win Eagles replaced by one against the undefeated Pies but that is the AFL.

It will be interesting who North and Melbourne get in the remaining weeks as the 3 of us look to be fighting for the last 2 spots in the top 6.

Euku

All Australian
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This team can beat anyone doesn't matter where or when go dogs

I made the point last week that I have issues with the AFL doing the fixture on a week by week basis, and my concerns still stand
Yes definitely open to manipulation. No idea if that's the case but lack of transparency is a worry.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
WTF?
Screenshot_20210303-010614_Chrome.jpg

She isn't even on our list anymore. Lmaooo

Thursday 12pm for General Public.
Thanks. I'm trying to put in my e-Card membership number to open us the tickets for member, however that is a standard membership, not an AFLW membership. Does it only unlock with a AFLW membership do you know ?

EDIT: Nevermind, not our home game so membership won't work and YES, a AFLW membership is required so I lose on both counts. Will wait for public sale.

Back