Preview AFLW GRAND FINAL: Brisbane Lions v Adelaide Crows, Sat Apr 17, 2pm

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly, given they have been premiers for 2 of the past 4 seasons, you would think the AFL/AFLW would allow Port Adelaide to enter the league to create a much even equal playing field for the league and SA in particular and give that NT partnership to Gold Coast like the men's instead who are clearly struggling with their own performances in the big time in the league but hey, the AFL/AFLW won't listen to an internet troll like me :drunk:
Yeah it’s about time they had their list pillaged, like ours has been previously.

Apparently Port Adelaide don't want an AFLW Team and have knocked back the opportunity twice.
Why can't the new ALFW Teams Hawthorn and Essendon (and Any other AFLW Team) feast on the Adelaide team as the new teams feasted on Us?
Adelaide are too damn strong at the moment. Any player they let go was by their choice, not picked off their carcass. I flew up to watch the first grand final at Metricon. Hmmm I would have loved the noise and cheering for the Lions that I heard from our last Gabba Game! Circumstance beyond our control took away any home advantage we had at Metricon. I also attended the drab Grand Final at Craptus Park too. Depressing or what? No pre-game entertainment because of the rain and no good umpiring! Well enough doom and gloom from Me! I have a good feeling about this Grand Final! Lions by 10! I am sending all my Luck to the Lady Lions for this weekend! GO LIONS!!!

Also the Northern Territory advantage has been given to the Suns now.
The whole of NT or just Darwin?

Apparently, the Adelaide Crows women's ended their partnership with AFL Northern Territory at the end of the 2019 winter season in September so at least the Crows haven't receive extra concessions these past 2 seasons (2020/2021) so maybe that has been given the Gold Coast as well now for the women as a result with the men's team also currently using it, so your right there Sisterka.

Instead though, the Adelaide Crows have a current partnership with the Williamstown Women's Football Club since the 2020 season, in which five Crows women’s players would represented the Seagulls in each game of the VFLW 2020 season and beyond and also Williamstown coaches, staff and players also linking up with Adelaide’s women’s team during Melbourne trips, with a view to maximising learning and professional development opportunities.

Last edited:

The Burger King

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Apparently Port Adelaide don't want an AFLW Team and have knocked back the opportunity twice.
Not true.

We planned to join in 2017. Were politely told by the AFL we didn’t have the capacity to run both an AFLW side and our China venture.

Hosted the GWS Women at Alberton for a period this year to show the AFL we are capable of running with what we have already.

Ok. I got that info from all over the footy sites. I just went back to check my source, and instead found an article saying Ports application in 2008 for an AFLW team was insufficient? Well I for one would be happy if Port could join the AFLW and also share the player pool afforded to Adelaide AFLW team. Good Luck with that! I think the whole AFLW community would be happy to see this.

For anyone interested.

926B3DB5-E320-4989-92E4-1AC80DA1B18C.jpeg

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women

Bit torn as to whether to go or not.....I don't live super close to the city (close to an hour to get in) and after work all I wanna do is flop down and decompress.......decisions, decisions.......really wanna support the team but don't want it to be 8 o'clock before I gets any dins......Anyone else planning to go?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Talk has started that as many as 5 AFLW could receive concessions to help improve the underperforming teams.

Seriously what can the AFL give Gold Coast that will make difference.

Draft picks won’t. They already have Darwin and possibly all of the NT as part of their academy and zone. But kids won’t help them over the next 3 seasons.

Only thing that would make a difference is allowing them to pillage some of our senior talent. But that just brings us down to their level.

Pre-match entertainment was announced a couple of days ago, with Melbourne's indie pop artist "G Flip" (Georgia Filpo) being selected for the pre-match entertainment for the Grand Final this Saturday

Wouldn't be wrong to say I haven't heard of this artist before, but hey I'm not shocked given the past 2-3 years of AFL/AFLW entertainment the AFL have selected ;)

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I am so pumped for this.

In my imagination we maul them by 30 points, but i'll settle for a 7-8pt win.

Gotta make sure we don't get jumped early, or leak red-time goals.

I wonder will we put Svarc on Phillips?

Who played on Phillips last time? Because whoever it was gave her way too much space.

Pre-match entertainment was announced a couple of days ago, with Melbourne's indie pop artist "G Flip" (Georgia Filpo) being selected for the pre-match entertainment for the Grand Final this Saturday

Wouldn't be wrong to say I haven't heard of this artist before, but hey I'm not shocked given the past 2-3 years of AFL/AFLW entertainment the AFL have selected ;)
The weirder thing is that I have but I have literally no idea where from, and now it's really annoying me...

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
great article. what i've been wanting when I read AFLW site articles. (guess they have different goals though)

I like how for adelaide their pic is Phillips, while for us its a team photo. Time gone by it would prob have been Harris or something. Says a lot :)

also that vid is great.

Team banners will be back at the football for the first time since the disruption of COVID-19 for the AFL Women's Grand Final, this Saturday in Adelaide.
😍 😍 😍

Back