Preview AFLW GRAND FINAL: Brisbane Lions v Adelaide Crows, Sat Apr 17, 2pm

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Team banners will be back at the football for the first time since the disruption of COVID-19 for the AFL Women's Grand Final, this Saturday in Adelaide.
😍 😍 😍

Who is going to make/erect ours? Home ground advantage, or what?

Not true.

We planned to join in 2017. Were politely told by the AFL we didn’t have the capacity to run both an AFLW side and our China venture.

Hosted the GWS Women at Alberton for a period this year to show the AFL we are capable of running with what we have already.
More like SA Football was weak as **** back then (ie. 1 metro league of about 6 teams vs today where it goes 5 divisions deep) that the AFL said any team solely based on SA talent would be uncompetitive.

You dropped your bid. Adelaide teamed up with NT.

In our 2017 premiership year we had about 1/4-1/3 of our side being NT based. But with the growth in the game in SA we have next to no player from the NT any more (Only player flying down for games is Danielle Ponter)

Anyway, I expect you guys to win this week. Best teams lining up against each other, I'd find it very difficult to split. But I feel a large intimidating crowdcould overawe your girls. But with Randall out I'd give you the edge on talent. Having said that, with Allan growing when Randall was out for a year, we aren't as reliant on her than we previously had been and can cover her a bit better. But the game this year we did miss her, we got blown out by Fremantle.

Should be a good game either way. Ill record the game and watch that night after umpiring a game during the day (Screw the AFL scheduling it against 4/5 sanfl games and 40+ amateur league games (including 10+ womens games)

Anyway, I expect you guys to win this week. Best teams lining up against each other, I'd find it very difficult to split. But I feel a large intimidating crowdcould overawe your girls. But with Randall out I'd give you the edge on talent.

We have a very even team, but we don't really have that player who can drag us over the line the way Phillips tends to do when we've played finals previously. That's my biggest concern going in.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We have a very even team, but we don't really have that player who can drag us over the line the way Phillips tends to do when we've played finals previously. That's my biggest concern going in.
This is true but may actually help during a GF
No particular player that the opposition coaches can try and shut down
My concern is our lack of scoreboard pressure against good sides
The way we play, it will possibly be a low scoring game which could go either way
A four quarter effort and a bit of luck during the game and we could make this 3rd time lucky
Either way well done for making the GF
Being successful and making the GF will help grow the grass roots level of AFLW in Queensland

This is true but may actually help during a GF
No particular player that the opposition coaches can try and shut down
My concern is our lack of scoreboard pressure against good sides
The way we play, it will possibly be a low scoring game which could go either way

If it's close it's the individual moments of brilliance that worry me. Having that player who can drag you over the line. We don't really have someone like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t sound like Dan McStay is a certainty for tomorrow nights game.
Wrong gender?

1618549543457.png

LeakyValve

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If O'Dwyer is given carte blanche to run and break the lines, I think she, while no Phillips, is that player. Against the Pies, she played on instinct on a few occasions and looked good doing so. She is capable of disrupting the Crows defensive set-up.

If O'Dwyer is given carte blanche to run and break the lines, I think she, while no Phillips, is that player. Against the Pies, she played on instinct on a few occasions and looked good doing so. She is capable of disrupting the Crows defensive set-up.
I also think that is we can get the ball in there enough - Dakota could be the spark we need.
She has got that look in her eye.

LeakyValve

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I also think that is we can get the ball in there enough - Dakota could be the spark we need.
She has got that look in her eye.
Certainly and I have harped on this a bit, but Wardlaw needs to stop spectating. With Dakota the main target and Randall out, Jesse needs to get on her bike. Adelaide are stingy but Jesse has that occasionally freakish way of getting things done and undoing structures. She is Houghton like in some ways without Houghton's explosiveness and aggression. Get the impression she zones out during games.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Grand Final Record

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Below format for the Grand Final
Note - These are ADELAIDE Times

The AFL wishes to advise the key points on the running sheet for the 2021 NAB AFL Women’s Grand Final between the Adelaide Crows and the Brisbane Lions at the Adelaide Oval on Saturday, April 17, are as follows.

12.00pm ACST: Adelaide Oval gates open
12.10pm: 2021 Colgate AFLW Grand Final Sprint heats
12:42pm: Welcome to Country
12:50pm: G Flip performance
1:11pm: Umpires enter
1:13pm: Brisbane Lions enter
1:16pm: Adelaide Crows enter
1:24pm: Delivery of the 2021 NAB AFL Women’s Premiership Cup
1:25pm: Australian national anthem performed by Chloe Bremner
1:27pm: Coin toss
1:30pm: 2021 NAB AFL Women’s Grand Final starts
¼ time: Rebel Rookie Challenge