AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Adelaide v Melbourne
Saturday 9 April
Adelaide Oval
12:00pm

The girls have done it again. They’ve through to their fourth Grand Final, while Melbourne have finally made one after being oh so close on a few occasions.

Tickets are $10
AFC AFLW Members pre-sale 12:00pm Monday
Everyone else can buy tickets from 2:00pm Monday

Let’s pack out the Oval once again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adelaide v Melbourne
Saturday 9 April
Adelaide Oval
12:00pm

The girls have done it again. They’ve through to their fourth Grand Final, while Melbourne have finally made one after being oh so close on a few occasions.

Tickets are $10
AFC AFLW Members pre-sale 12:00pm Monday
Everyone else can buy tickets from 2:00pm Monday

Let’s pack out the Oval once again!
Feels like we shot Bambi. The lure of the G. Here's to Tayla Harris 3rd Grand Final against us with 3 different teams.

Looking like there will be several changes compared to last season's grand final team

Quite a few changes to defense. Foley and Cox out, Thompson moving further up the ground, with Biddell, Randall and Gore in. Feel that's a big improvement in that area.

Varnhagen out of the midfield with Thompson playing more wing, Charlton more of a genuine midfield role and the introduction of Newman and Munyard as rotations. We also substantially upgraded our ruck division with Gould taking the #1 spot and McKinnon in for Metcalfe who was absolutely cooked in the GF last year

Forward line is relatively similar minus Scheer who also rotated through the midfield, but I feel our rotations are much stronger

Out: Foley, Cox, Varnhagen, Metcalfe, Scheer, Considine (hopefully)
In: Randall, Biddell, Gore, McKinnon, Munyard, Newman

I think our team is stronger, better balanced, rotates better through the lines and has several key players in better form than last year

Looking like there will be several changes compared to last season's grand final team

Quite a few changes to defense. Foley and Cox out, Thompson moving further up the ground, with Biddell, Randall and Gore in. Feel that's a big improvement in that area.

Varnhagen out of the midfield with Thompson playing more wing, Charlton more of a genuine midfield role and the introduction of Newman and Munyard as rotations. We also substantially upgraded our ruck division with Gould taking the #1 spot and McKinnon in for Metcalfe who was absolutely cooked in the GF last year

Forward line is relatively similar minus Scheer who also rotated through the midfield, but I feel our rotations are much stronger

Out: Foley, Cox, Varnhagen, Metcalfe, Scheer, Considine (hopefully)
In: Randall, Biddell, Gore, McKinnon, Munyard, Newman

I think our team is stronger, better balanced, rotates better through the lines and has several key players in better form than last year

We're definitely much stronger in defence. I would say similarly good in midfield although Jones' improvement will be a big help. The forward line is where we feel a bit weaker.

It will be interesting to see if Najwa Allen gets back in the side after suspension. There is some potential for her to take someone's spot but I'm not sure who.

The 2019 GF, up against Carlton, we dominated every stat. Blew them away.

We lost the FK count 25-10.

We're going to cop that again, and Melbourne are a better side than that Carlton team. We're going to need to take every chance and be 100% on our game. Need to be on it early. They'll have a few nerves, so we need to capitalise early on.

Honestly, I feel like all the pressure will be on Melbourne for Daisy's fairytale.

Just want to say so proud of the girls for making to their 4th Grand Final. That’s 4 GFs in 5 full seasons (with 2020 being cut short due to the Covid19 going rampant). We have been blessed by a core group of hard nuts!

Hopefully our defense can remain resilient like they have all year. Will be a great show with both sides in great form. Just hoping the umps let their biases disappear for those 2 hours!! (Wishful thinking)

The 2019 GF, up against Carlton, we dominated every stat. Blew them away.

We lost the FK count 25-10.

We're going to cop that again, and Melbourne are a better side than that Carlton team. We're going to need to take every chance and be 100% on our game. Need to be on it early. They'll have a few nerves, so we need to capitalise early on.

Honestly, I feel like all the pressure will be on Melbourne for Daisy's fairytale.

Daisy doesn't deserve s**t, you're either good enough or not and Daisy isn't a 10th of the athlete that Erin Phillips is yet they shove her down our throats every chance they get.

You know what I dont get about this storyline of an Adelaide Super Team that needs to be broken up by Port

If Melbourne win they'll have a 72.5% win rate in AFLw to our 70.8%.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what I dont get about this storyline of an Adelaide Super Team that needs to be broken up by Port

If Melbourne win they'll have a 72.5% win rate in AFLw to our 70.8%.......
That's the only logical part of the myth. Once expansion is complete, the number of original teams will have doubled in SA, and multiplied by 2.5 in VIC.

The illogical part is the idea that adding new teams is a death knell for the inaugurals, as if Brisbane and Fremantle are now the league's easybeats.

I know I live in Melbourne and so media here is for a Melbourne audience - That's fine, I get it - Was listening to an AFLW preview on the radio this morning and they want Melbourne to get up for Daisy - That's fine, I get it, it's for a Melbourne audience

But the part where one of the announcers, without a shred of irony, lamented that the GF wasn't at the MCG because 'Adelaide have already had their turn - It should be here' absolutely melted my brain, I nearly called in

I'm sure they would never contemplate that about the men's GF being moved at all (last two seasons withstanding)

ugh * I hope we smash them and rub it in Daisy and Tayla's faces

I know I live in Melbourne and so media here is for a Melbourne audience - That's fine, I get it - Was listening to an AFLW preview on the radio this morning and they want Melbourne to get up for Daisy - That's fine, I get it, it's for a Melbourne audience

But the part where one of the announcers, without a shred of irony, lamented that the GF wasn't at the MCG because 'Adelaide have already had their turn - It should be here' absolutely melted my brain, I nearly called in

I'm sure they would never contemplate that about the men's GF being moved at all (last two seasons withstanding)

ugh fu** I hope we smash them and rub it in Daisy and Tayla's faces
lol and why did Adelaide have their turn? Melbourne should have finished top, then it would be their turn.

What a bunch of nonsense.

The big plus is having Jones back. She is one of the most talented well balanced footballers in the AFLW.
She does it all, has good speed, can take a high mark, kicks goals and is one of the most aggressive footballers around( sometimes to her detriment but you've got to love her endeavour.)
I think Jones has the X factor with her run and carry abilities.
She's the player who can be sent back to defence or sent forward to change momentum.
We have to tackle them quickly and not let them get settled, Hanks need to be marked tightly.
Looking forward to the game.

I think much of Melbourne's success this year has come from having so many high-quality forwards. Harris, Pearce, Hore and Bannan have all had 11+ goals between them, and generally if you can stop one or two, the others will get off the chain.

We are in the rare (possibly unique) position of having the defensive line to stop them. Allan, Biddell, Rajcic and Randall will all need to get the job done if we're to stifle Melbourne.

If it turns into a shootout, we probably lose.

Also, I'll advertise my own thread. I've started writing up player profiles again for the Crows players who will play in their first grand final. Just did Nikki Gore yesterday, will get another one up soon. There's a handful of newcomers this year including Biddell, McKinnon, Newman, Munyard, and potentially someone like Tonon or Ballard.

Women's Footy - AFLW Crows player profiles

The women in AFLW almost always have a hugely fascinating story behind them, often growing up without a pathway into football.

Tempted to make a sign to only hold up in case we win

2017 Brisbane X
2019 Carlton X
2022 Melbourne X

If you can't beat them, maybe join them Tayla?

I'd take her at CHF :)

Anyone have issues with their free redemption membership ticket barcode today?

Couldn’t access the site till I got off work and can’t seem to get it to work for me, more than comfortable just paying the 10 bucks but it’s just the principle of Ticketmaster and their shoddy system winning again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back