Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Nothing more nuffier than pretending youre above it all.

It was one sided
You're sounding like the 5AA talkback callers after every game Port loses.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Not in SA, so had to endure a bunch of Melbourne centric "Grand Final stories" all week.

Of course, the one they missed was Ash Woodland. Let go from the Dees, and now a Premiership player against her old side and leading goal kicker with the most kicked in a season.
You could have listened via the Aflw app. Too late now though.

MelbourneCrow

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Chelsea
Not in SA, so had to endure a bunch of Melbourne centric "Grand Final stories" all week.

Of course, the one they missed was Ash Woodland. Let go from the Dees, and now a Premiership player against her old side and leading goal kicker with the most kicked in a season.
It was terrible all week here wasn't it - Daisy's grand final etc. What about the other team! Even Kellie Underwood and Harford and other commentators on the day going on about what Melbourne should do, virtually ignoring their opponents. Then the umpiring was so atrocious I nearly turned it off - 3 stone cold HTBs ignored early in the 2nd half had me thinking the AFL had deemed a Melbourne flag essential to development of the womens game in Victoria!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

beartoo

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Wasn't able to listen to or view the game and only saw a score on my phone with a couple of minutes to go. Will watch the replay with great relish when I get home tomorrow night.
Well done our team. 3 to the ladies and 5 in total for the Crows.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No issues with the umpires getting booed, you want respect earn it. VFL coming out at the start of the year having a cry about it, in the past 24 hours alone we've seen the Cats gifted a game and this game one side that lost getting twice as many frees. Nah stuff em boo as much as you want.
Players can't express displeasure any more, so it's all we've got. Wonder how long until they're allowed to pay 50m against the crowd?

Where did you see the merch?

I was up as soon as the game ended, I checked because of the absurd merch situation that happened after the win over Carlton, where it was just a women's tee, a kid's tee, and a stubby holder, and they were all sold out before I reached the bridge.

Surprised they(you?) were allowed a phone on the ground. Normally only the official photographer is allowed to take video/photos.
Yes me, and a lot of other people in the honour guard were doing the same, no one had an issue with it

No doubt Erin will go to Port next year and I'm completely fine with that.

The reality is that she's turning 37 in a couple of weeks and she's not been the same player since her knee injury.
Going to Port, will be a lovely way for her to enjoy her retirement and getting paid well too, she wont come cheap and rightfully will demand good dollars.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
No issues with the umpires getting booed, you want respect earn it. VFL coming out at the start of the year having a cry about it, in the past 24 hours alone we've seen the Cats gifted a game and this game one side that lost getting twice as many frees. Nah stuff em boo as much as you want.

Careful mate you'll get an earful from the ex-umpire who went to Harvard that was in here earlier.

Oct 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the club should formally approach the AFL administration and seek to have all AFLW Grand Finals played at The Adelaide Oval from now on. It is quite clearly the spiritual home of women’s football and it would be a shame to play them anywhere else. Also, given that the three GFs at Adelaide Oval have produced the three largest crowds it also makes sense financially. I would love to hear any objections they might have to such a proposal…

RePete

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great win by the girls. Enough turned up on the day to get the job done. Best team all year, only (once again) going down to our bogey side, the Bullfrogs, by a point. Absolute shades of 2019 there. We might lose a bunch of players to the expansion teams next season, but regardless - these girls have left their mark on the competition.

Tips to Ponter - could have been BoG. Been very ordinary at times this year, but players like this can explode on the big stage. Woodland didn't do much but was one that contributed greatly to getting us top of the ladder and subsequent home finals.

As predicted, the umpires were against us from the get go. 6 free kicks to 1 in the first, a few lasso and last minute free's inflated the 11-22 free kick count, really looked more like 8 - 22. Really should have been an a neutral free kick count based on what I observed. It's kind of like giving your opponent 11 more contested mark wins. Lets not mention the BS suspensions we had for both finals. Winning against an umpire reaming, BS suspensions and the Victorian fairytale narrative - astounding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back