Universal Love AFLW GRAND FINAL v Melbourne - Adelaide Dynasty Confirmed

Firewalker

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Apr 20, 2009
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
They can have triple premiership player Justine Mules.
Reckon Port should jump on the Irish experiment, know of one player that would be perfect for them with plenty of AFLW experience that just became a 2x premiership player… ☘️

[sidenote: I watched her in the 3rd quarter at the ground off the ball (after I was reminded she was playing), I have absolutely no idea what she was doing, she literally just ran away from where the ball was heading a couple of times]

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reckon Port should jump on the Irish experiment, know of one player that would be perfect for them with plenty of AFLW experience that just became a 2x premiership player… ☘️

[sidenote: I watched her in the 3rd quarter at the ground off the ball (after I was reminded she was playing), I have absolutely no idea what she was doing, she literally just ran away from where the ball was heading a couple of times]

If she goes to Port as a package deal with her partner, would rather we keep both.

Crow54

23 year veteran.
Oct 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't think Erin will head to Port. Think she'll go back to the states and coach basketball. Said years ago that this was what she would do when she retired from footy. Her wife is from Dallas and hasn't been home for 2 years.
Yes, this is what I think as well. Erin has spoken about Tracy supporting her in her AFL career, and I think Erin's ready to join Tracy back in the States for a while. Perhaps they might come back in a few years, when Port is more established and Erin could join them then.

She said after the game that it was the hardest one she'd ever played, so I think she'll be okay with concentrating on something else now. She's given her all, and will be happy to move on.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
She's juggled AFLW with coaching basketball in the US before. Although I'm not sure if the new starting time would interfere with that.

I think the new season structure will make juggling WNBA and AFLW commitments next to impossible (the current set up was hard enough, hence why Erin focused solely on AFLW after 1 season).

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Anyone finding the premiership merch underwhelming?

Only a t-shirt and cap available - and it has to be pre-ordered, which, given Crowmania's reputation for online orders, means there's no guarantee you'll even get said merch.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
In her post-match speech, Anne thanked her partner, ‘Georgi’ I think.

I noticed that, yes. Again, I find romances within football impossible to follow. I only just found out in the past week that Rajcic and Randall are apparently an item? Or at least were? Good on them. Apparently Rajcic has good taste in women :p

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Assuming you're referring to Hatchard, I'm not sure they're an item anymore? I don't know, I can never keep up with footy romances.

Most of it is on Instagram - Considine/Hatchard an item at one point, but fears averted now.

I though Randall and Rajcic did the Amazing Race together - but as you say, very hard to follow.

Hopefully the majority of our team wants to stay together for ongoing success. When WC joined they took 8 players from Freo, with 3 no longer being on the list anymore. We may have an advantage in that Port aren't the bigger team in the state so should be able to match any Addtional Service Agreement offers.

Last edited:

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I noticed that, yes. Again, I find romances within football impossible to follow. I only just found out in the past week that Rajcic and Randall are apparently an item? Or at least were? Good on them. Apparently Rajcic has good taste in women :p

Not something I worry about following closely haha but that one was announced in the media before their appearance on the Amazing Race.

The rest, you see some tags and stuff in Instagram bios, but who knows.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not having an Instagram account is probably why I'm so out of touch :p

Most of it is on Instagram - Considine/Hatchard an item at one point, but fears averted now.

I though Randall and Rajcic did the Amazing Race together - but as you say, very hard to follow.

Hopefully the majority of our team wants to stay together for ongoing success. When WC joined they took 8 players from Freo, with 3 no longer being on the list anymore. We may have an advantage in that Port aren't the bigger team in the state so should be able to match any Addtional Service Agreement offers.

Does anyone know how the ASA stuff works, by the way? Are there rules on how much we're allowed to organise, how much they can be paid, etc? Seems like a pretty big avenue to funnel money towards an important player.

bates121

All Australian
Oct 25, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
We can afford to lose a few middle-range players. Every year we seem to be able to find a few players who could easily offer just as much as some of our premiership players. Newman, Tonon, Ballard, hell, even Dayna Cox, there is plenty of talent left in the shed even if we were to lose a bunch of players from our latest premiership side.

The only thing we can't replace is those top-tier players. Hatchard, Marinoff, Allan, Randall, etc. That calibre of player doesn't grow on trees. Hatchard is the one I'm scared of losing, fingers crossed we can keep her. Do whatever it takes.

I guess the other concern is if they somehow split up our defence since they function so well as a unit. I can't imagine Randall leaving, which surely means Rajcic won't leave either. So Allan and Biddell are the two to be worried about.
After hearing Sarah Allan on SEN today no way she is leaving, pretty much the same gist as Noffy from after the game. She also works for the club as well.

Hatchard is going to be the big one (assume Phillips is either not playing or going to Port). I would imagine port have thrown everything at her.

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not having an Instagram account is probably why I'm so out of touch :p

Does anyone know how the ASA stuff works, by the way? Are there rules on how much we're allowed to organise, how much they can be paid, etc? Seems like a pretty big avenue to funnel money towards an important player.

Haven't read much on it, aside from this which potentially suggests that there isn't a limit on the top 2 players at each club.

"There is also an Additional Services Agreements pool for marketing and promotional appearances of $100,000, with the top two players at each club excluded from this cap."

From the AFLW CBA:

Was reminded of the controversy when Tayla Harris left Carlton over salary issues - despite having a bad year she wanted her 80k salary doubled, which would have made her the highest paid at the club, and exempt from the ASA cap.

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
After hearing Sarah Allan on SEN today no way she is leaving, pretty much the same gist as Noffy from after the game. She also works for the club as well.

Hatchard is going to be the big one (assume Phillips is either not playing or going to Port). I would imagine port have thrown everything at her.

8 minutes in Sarah said she also works with Hatchard at the club... fingers crossed we can keep them all.

Good god, where have you been man!

Only a t-shirt and cap available - and it has to be pre-ordered, which, given Crowmania's reputation for online orders, means there's no guarantee you'll even get said merch.
I didn’t care, I bought it anyways. It goes with the ones I bought in 97 and 98! 🤣

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Randall has said repeatedly that they're trying to keep the core together, the girls love their captain and as long as the club employs them and looks after them I'm sure the main girls will stay.

Carlton lost 2 of their top 5 players to Essendon today, Presparkis and Georgia Gee

finn

All Australian
May 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
norwood, adelaide uni
If I was Port I’d be trying to get Eloise Jones as she’s a natural footballer and quite a hard nut too. I rate her highly.

dplggr47

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Randall has said repeatedly that they're trying to keep the core together, the girls love their captain and as long as the club employs them and looks after them I'm sure the main girls will stay.

Carlton lost 2 of their top 5 players to Essendon today, Presparkis and Georgia Gee
Carlton will be fuming. Losing Prespakis has gotta hurt. Looks like these expansion clubs are throwing huge money at these players whereas current clubs have a more even spread of salary, I'm assuming.

If she goes to Port as a package deal with her partner, would rather we keep both.
Working with an ex might not be the best situation, so we'll give them Considine and we keep Hatchard.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
If I was Port I’d be trying to get Eloise Jones as she’s a natural footballer and quite a hard nut too. I rate her highly.

She is exactly the sort of player Port should be looking at. Good enough to be a top-tier player at most clubs but probably isn't currently at the Crows.

Hope she sticks around, she was a big part of our success this year.

Better than 2019, where all they had on offer were limited amounts of a women's tee, a kids tee, and a stubbie holder (might have been a keyring or a sticker as well, but the main 3 really stuck in my mind), as though men didn't follow the team at all.

I still have my 2017 tee, and the scarf with all the match details and names on it.

Caputo

All Australian
Dec 5, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wish it was like the Brisbane Bears day and we chose who to send. Here is my 8 with plenty of premiership and dual premiership players:
Dayna Cox
Rhiannon Metcalfe
Jess Sedunary
Deni Varnhagen
Mckenzie Dowrick
Ailish Considine
Jas Hewett
Lisa Whitely

9 Premierships and 4 Grand Finalist

Back