Coach Women's Senior Coach: Natalie Wood

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe this should be merged into a general essendon aflw thread

Nah club news is club news, same for both teams in terms of threads.

Probably game day threads will just be one thread per week with the prefix changed from preview to game day and then AFLW toast/autopsy though, due to traffic.

I kind of like that Woody is standing in front of the 1897 cup in that pic. Lots of firsts

Reading through her career both as a coach and player you can see why she was selected. Looking forward to seeing how she shapes the team.

Does Truck have any input to the AFLW?

Obviously he can't coach both sides but do other clubs with AFLW teams cross skill? (I.e. have coaches accross both teams?)

Does Truck have any input to the AFLW?

Obviously he can't coach both sides but do other clubs with AFLW teams cross skill? (I.e. have coaches accross both teams?)
I think there's mentoring relationships at some clubs, not sure how far it goes in terms of actually working directly with the players though. Presumably if they're all training at the same time of year at the same facility there might be some sort of cross-over...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's mentoring relationships at some clubs, not sure how far it goes in terms of actually working directly with the players though. Presumably if they're all training at the same time of year at the same facility there might be some sort of cross-over...
Cross over was what I was looking for, not cross skill!

You're right, and that cross over will only increase if the AFLW season is moved you'd imagine.

Nah.

Truck has his own thread and Woosha had his so one's good for Woody.
To clarify, I was talking about a general aflw thread that mentions the specific news items and announcements and in addition to the player/coach specific threads.

She will be employed full time, with a role as development coach for the men's team. How much involvement whe has with the men will be interesting as it's a short turn around between the end of the current season and the next season

Cross over was what I was looking for, not cross skill!

You're right, and that cross over will only increase if the AFLW season is moved you'd imagine.

Collingwood has run joint training sessions with both sides previously as well. Plenty of scope to include both playing groups and coaches on a semi-regular basis.

She will be employed full time, with a role as development coach for the men's team. How much involvement whe has with the men will be interesting as it's a short turn around between the end of the current season and the next season
If they bring the season forward to an August start there will be an overlap with no turn around time, and it's worse if the mens team are playing finals. Depending on how long the season is it may not have a lot of turn around time between the end of AFLW and the start of the AFL season either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back