Perry Pie

All Australian
Sep 19, 2009
Liverpool
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Besiktas J.K.
AFLW has improved a lot and is getting more skilled all the time. The question I am asking is how can the game be improved further?

I have a suggestion to increase the scoring - bring the goals in 5 metres. The arc becomes a 45. Why, simply because women do not and cannot kick as far as men. Having a ground that better reflects physical limitation should increase the scoring. I know that most AFLW games are played on smalled suburban grounds anyway, but I am not convinced that is enough.

More goals, more entertainment, more fans. Thoughts?

Wow, the same old thoughtless suggestion.

For the 10,000th time: Slightly smaller grounds do not increase scoring. But they do result in more stoppages i.e. congestion, and therefore more collisions resulting in serious injuries.

They increased match length by 15% this year, and scoring has consequently increased by 30%. If you want to increase scoring by another 20 points next season, add another 8 minutes to games.

I know that most AFLW games are played on smalled suburban grounds anyway, but I am not convinced that is enough.
Some suburban grounds can be slightly smaller or slightly different shape but that’s true for all grounds in the AFL also.
Nearly all are cricket grounds and every single one of them is used by men and women teams.
Alotve Melbourne clubs are upgrading lighting to be able to play night games to have more grounds available to cope with the amount of teams.
Moving goal posts to different positions over a weekend probably isn’t do-able

AFLW has improved a lot and is getting more skilled all the time. The question I am asking is how can the game be improved further?

I have a suggestion to increase the scoring - bring the goals in 5 metres. The arc becomes a 45. Why, simply because women do not and cannot kick as far as men. Having a ground that better reflects physical limitation should increase the scoring. I know that most AFLW games are played on smalled suburban grounds anyway, but I am not convinced that is enough.

Simply No! Leave it alone if as you say it is improving, which I agree with, then let it keep improving with the same rules etc. It is only 8 seasons in from its inception, the tossers who like to run it down constantly are being disingenuous when they say it hasn't improved. They wouldn't even watch a game.
The talent coming through in the next few years will be fantastic.
Importantly the only thing the players themselves want changed is the length of the season. They just want to play more footy , because they love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back