Injury AFLW Injury report

Remove this Banner Ad

Midfielder Joanna Lin will be a test to determine her availability for this week’s game after recovering from a foot injury.

Defender Lauren Butler’s ongoing foot injury will see her sidelined for a further one to three weeks.

Similarly, vice-captain Ruby Schleicher will be unavailable for a further two to four weeks as she manages a foot injury.

Eliza James continues to recover from her syndesmosis injury sustained in Round One and will miss a further one to three week

Charlotte Taylor’s knee injury continues to progress well as she aims to return towards the backend of the season. The midfielder will be out for another three to five weeks.

Imogen Barnett has had surgery on her fractured ankle which she sustained in Round Two against Fremantle. The tall will be unavailable for eight to 12 weeks.

Yeah I call bullshit. James is closer to coming back then Ruby and Butler.
I saw James walking around at vic park on sunday. No moon boot, just some strapping. She seemed to be going okay -- so maybe she is going better than expected with her recovery.

With the foot injuries that Ruby and Lauren have, probably a bit more complicated.

Just feels this year we are gonna be cruelled by injury.

Midfielder Joanna Lin will be a test to determine her availability for this week’s game after recovering from a foot injury.

Defender Lauren Butler’s ongoing foot injury will see her sidelined for a further one to three weeks.

Similarly, vice-captain Ruby Schleicher will be unavailable for a further two to four weeks as she manages a foot injury.

Eliza James continues to recover from her syndesmosis injury sustained in Round One and will miss a further one to three week

Charlotte Taylor’s knee injury continues to progress well as she aims to return towards the backend of the season. The midfielder will be out for another three to five weeks.

Imogen Barnett has had surgery on her fractured ankle which she sustained in Round Two against Fremantle. The tall will be unavailable for eight to 12 weeks.

Impossible for us with those injuries, and where we are at relative to the rest of the comp. Really pissed off.

Yeah, Ruby talked like she would be fine for round 1.. Just assumed it was something minor. Lauren too, but clearly something worse than it appeared.

I doubt we see either at all this season. Ruby went from being back for round 2, to now missing another 3 to 4 weeks. By then our season will be well and truly over.
Butler sounds like her season is a complete write - off.....

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Imogen BarnettAnkle8-12 weeks
Lauren ButlerFoot1-3 weeks
Eliza JamesSyndesmosis1-3 weeks
Jo LinFootTest
Ruby SchleicherFoot2-4 weeks
Charlotte TaylorKnee3-5 weeks
Updated: September 19, 2023

Just feels this year we are gonna be cruelled by injury.

Yeah not having Ruby and Butler in the backline from the get-go, it always going to be struggle and AFLW is just years and years(!) away from teams getting true depth. A team that gets key players on injury out is a massive hole. Last season(s) it was our engine room, now backline.

EJ going down is early in the 1st quarter in the 1st game was devastating for her, the club and all of us too. Massive, massive hole in the fwd line because seriously who else do we have in there that we can have any hope in actuallly making a score? We only have Nell (who is a ripper) and Ash, who pesonally I think should be playing midfield although understand we need her speed and pressure ... but although is a technically a good solid kick ... is 100% IMO not a forward. But who else can kick a goal? I really hope I eat my own words this weekend.

Full strength, we are a different team but even then, I think elephant in the room is that, we are worked out. It could be a comination of lack of talent that forces the style, or the style was always the plan ... but we grind ... and if things aren't going well, even just a little bit, we will never beat sides like Melb that can transition with handball.

Ironically I remember sitting at Vic Park watching the girls in Symonds' first year, and we tranisitioned from the backline to the fwd line cutting through the middle with handball and my mouth was wide open with excitement! ... WTF!? ... did we just do that!?!? ... coz remember in the grindy coaching years of Siekman? That was just terrible. We just don't have a team full of Bri and Brit's. In fact we lost Lambert so that sux! I'm getting feelings of a return of Siekman era type football. :-(

But I'll of course still suppport them and I'm still of course an AFLW member too.

GO PIES!!!

Please Lauren! Eliza!

Captain Brianna Davey will be tested after tweaking her ankle in Sunday’s game against St Kilda.

The midfielder will need to get through training during the week to determine her availability for Saturday’s game.

Defender Lauren Butler will also be tested as she continues to recover from a foot injury. The clash with the Bombers would be her first for the season is she is determined fit to play.

Forward Eliza James will be a test this week after suffering a syndesmosis injury in Round One against Melbourne.

Defender Ruby Schleicher is expected to be out for a further one to two weeks as she recovers from a foot injury.

Charlotte Taylor’s knee injury will see her sidelined for another three to five weeks as she continues her rehabilitation process.

Imogen Barnett is recovering form surgery on her ankle after suffering a fracture against Fremantle in Round Three. The tall will be unavailable for a further six to 10 weeks.

Feel like this seasons at a loss already?
Think so but I will still try and go to as many games as I can.

Glutton for punishment.

Just hope we don't lose Davey and Bonnici to injuries because then we are well and truly stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood has provided an injury update ahead of Saturday night’s Round Six clash against Brisbane at Brighton Homes Arena.
Forward Eliza James will be tested ahead of the clash with Lions after suffering a syndesmosis injury in Round One.
Defender Ruby Schleicher will miss a further one to two weeks after suffering a minor setback to her foot injury at training.
Charlotte Taylor continues to recover from her knee injury and is set to remain unavailable for another two to three weeks with the aim of returning late in the season.
Tall Imogen Barnett continues to recover from ankle surgery and will be sidelined for five to nine weeks.

Vice-Captain Ruby Schleicher will be tested ahead of the match against the Blues after missing the first six Rounds of the season with a foot injury.

Fellow Vice-Captain Brittany Bonnici will also be tested after injuring her ribs in last week’s win over Brisbane.

Charlotte Taylor will also be tested as she recovers from a knee injury, looking to play her first game of the 2023 season.

Tall Imogen Barnett is recovering well from her ankle injury and will be sidelined for a further four to six weeks.

Stacey Livingstone and Selena Karlson will both miss the clash through suspension after receiving one-match sanctions against the Lions.

Oh please!

That hurts.
Ports has been awesome up forward this year.
Great effort to not only come back on, but run down the blues player, if she had syndesmosis.

That's season done for all of them methinks.
Maybe the end of Braz (retirement) as well?
Hope Ruby gets up.

One step forward. two steps back with injuries this year :/

Defender Lauren Butler is expected to miss three to four weeks after injuring her hamstring in the Round Eight win over Geelong.

Tall Imogen Barnett will be unavailable for at least two to three more weeks as she continues to recover from an ankle injury suffered earlier in the season.

Ash Brazill is expected to be out for two to three weeks as she recovers from a hamstring injury.

Forward Alana Porter is expected to miss a further three to five weeks as she recovers from a syndesmosis injury.

Defender Selena Karlson has an unknow timeline at this point as she recovers from a shoulder injury sustained against Brisbane in Round Six.

One step forward. two steps back with injuries this year :/

Defender Lauren Butler is expected to miss three to four weeks after injuring her hamstring in the Round Eight win over Geelong.

Tall Imogen Barnett will be unavailable for at least two to three more weeks as she continues to recover from an ankle injury suffered earlier in the season.

Ash Brazill is expected to be out for two to three weeks as she recovers from a hamstring injury.

Forward Alana Porter is expected to miss a further three to five weeks as she recovers from a syndesmosis injury.

Defender Selena Karlson has an unknow timeline at this point as she recovers from a shoulder injury sustained against Brisbane in Round Six.

Unbelievable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back