Recruiting AFLW Draft, Trade & Sign - 25 players re-signed, list is full, won't be drafting anyone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going in early but welcome home, Maddy.

Georgie next?

277289864_1328304390929870_5512789085351234521_n.png

She's already got her number sorted. :p

Has VFL/AFL footy in her blood as her grandfather is former Hawthorn player Brian Shinners.

Will we have to trade or can we sign as expansion players?
We don’t know exactly yet as they haven’t specified caps and limits for each source, but there will be some signings from AFLW clubs, some draft picks that we can trade or use in the draft, some U18 signings from NGA region and some signings of players who previously nominated for the draft (VFLW players mostly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't been following AFLW at all due to the absence of an Essendon team.
Will we still be fielding a VFLW team next year now that we are in the AFLW?

So with Nanscawen, Prespakis and Gee signed it looks like the midfield group is coming together. Watchers of the women's game; I'm presuming Nana's the Captain at 29yo and Prespakis would be next in line?

So with Nanscawen, Prespakis and Gee signed it looks like the midfield group is coming together. Watchers of the women's game; I'm presuming Nana's the Captain at 29yo and Prespakis would be next in line?
Wouldn't presume anything with the captaincy. Nanscawen has a lot of natural leadership but who knows who we will bring in. Likely it will be determined after a player vote, two thirds of the way through pre-season

For those that don't follow AFLW, Prespakis plays in the mould of Greg Williams.
Not quick but has great skills by hand and foot and finds a lot of the footy, GUN !

Going to start building this out so we can get an idea of how the list is shaping:

Duckworth's pinned Player Contracts thread has a post to track the women's team as well:

Last edited:
Going to start building this out so we can get an idea of how the list is shaping:

Duckworth's pinned Player Contracts thread has a post to track the women's team as well:
Is it possible to include a column somewhere showing the position/s they were recruited to play or have played? That would be useful for noobs like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back