News AFLW List Changes/Delistings

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Saints traded away their first round pick to an interstate club, so in a small positive we now have picks 2 and 3 in the Victorian pool (5 and 9 overall).
Each would work out around pick 20-40 depending on the quality of over-18 vs under-18 players in a given season, so it's a decnet chance at improving our list, but we've arguably given ourselves fairly specific needs.

If the best options are interstate, we might be able to talk them into nominating Victoria.

Interesting there’s no mention of O’Dea. Possible retirement?

Good observation and good question.

Had a look at her last re-signing announcement to see if it was for 2 years but there was no mention of length, so assume it was just the 1 year.

One to watch for sure.

Fair rap for Kerryn Petersen in that. Let's not entertain any further ideas of her being part of the problem for players leaving. It's clear who the professional was in those situations.

Thanks June. Enjoy your next adventure.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
FB: Laloifi Trudgeon
HB: Pound Cordner Walker
C: Fitzpatrick Peterson Hill
HF: Vescio Ortlepp Finn
FF: Austin McWilliams

R: Moody McKay Guerin

Int: Velardo, Skepper, Lee, Goss, Sherar

EMG: Good, Vickers, Milford, Read

Our outside speed is still questionable, but at least we're not going to wilt in games as much with this mix. Draft/trade priority over the next few years will be finding a star key forward and athletic mids. Interested to see what we can cook up in the mature age draft, should grab 2 handy players.

Playing list at 25/1 mix.

FB: Laloifi Trudgeon
HB: Pound Cordner Walker
C: Fitzpatrick Peterson Hill
HF: Vescio Ortlepp Finn
FF: Austin McWilliams

R: Moody McKay Guerin

Int: Velardo, Skepper, Lee, Goss, Sherar

EMG: Good, Vickers, Milford, Read

Our outside speed is still questionable, but at least we're not going to wilt in games as much with this mix. Draft/trade priority over the next few years will be finding
a star key forward and athletic mids. Interested to see what we can cook up in the mature age draft, should grab 2 handy players.

Playing list at 25/1 mix.

Who is your relief ruck Jimmae?

I don't think Good will be left out of the side.

Ortlepp/Velardo/Austin/Cordner as needed.

Cordner is required down back. It's why we recruited her. 2nd year player coming back from a knee injury, doubt Austin will leave the forward line.

The others have never played ruck so it's a risk.

I rate Good on the lead and distributing by hand. She plays more like a ruck than any of the others. She moves well too. I'm not sure why you don't rate her at all.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Cordner is required down back. It's why we recruited her. 2nd year player coming back from a knee injury, doubt Austin will leave the forward line.

The others have never played ruck so it's a risk.

I rate Good on the lead and distributing by hand. She plays more like a ruck than any of the others. She moves well too. I'm not sure why you don't rate her at all.
She is a ruck, of course she does. She's just average as a forward and we're starved of run.

You can spread the secondary role amongst* 2 or 3 of those names, e.g. Austin/Ortlepp in the F50, Velardo centre bounce relief, Cordner D50.

Last edited:
Back