News AFLW New Women's Jumpers for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't read a huge amount into those being an example of anything new, simply because almost every AFLW jumper is purposefully different to the mens. Small branding is intentional (ala the Collingwood CFC monogram – bet we'll see that on clash jumpers ala the Dees and Hawks) but things like the base colour, sponsors are all just tailored for the womens.

They are all *in s**t though.

The Blues have unveiled a new clash jumper. Thanks to Cody_ for the tip.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-12-12/new-aflw-clash-guernsey-unveiled

VescioClashGuernsey.jpg

"CARLTON'S AFL Women's team will don a new clash guernsey in 2018, after the Club created a unique design to capture the story of the historic first AFLW season.

From horseshoe charms and iconic Carlton streets, to images from the first game at Ikon Park and the coach’s whistle, more than 20 individual moments, pictures and symbols have been incorporated on both the front and back of the light blue jumper."

--------------

It's certainly unique imo, and given there's zero history in this competition there's some really cool scope to create some interesting designs. It'll be totally invisible from a distance, but I don't think that's the point.

The monogram also gets some 3D shading on the home and clash jumpers, which could be a look to the future if Nike can no longer stitch the CFC into the material. It looks pretty good.

38BA8E52-0076-69E7-3711D5EB81954067CARL9800213AFLWRETAILGUERNSEY-HOME_FRONT.jpg

VescioClashGuernsey.jpg

"CARLTON'S AFL Women's team will don a new clash guernsey in 2018, after the Club created a unique design to capture the story of the historic first AFLW season.

From horseshoe charms and iconic Carlton streets, to images from the first game at Ikon Park and the coach’s whistle, more than 20 individual moments, pictures and symbols have been incorporated on both the front and back of the light blue jumper."

--------------

It's certainly unique imo, and given there's zero history in this competition there's some really cool scope to create some interesting designs. It'll be totally invisible from a distance, but I don't think that's the point.

The monogram also gets some 3D shading on the home and clash jumpers, which could be a look to the future if Nike can no longer stitch the CFC into the material. It looks pretty good.

I like these ideas for even AFL jumpers because they’re generally plain at face value but have enough scope for flair and a selling point. I’ve long said the Demons need to use a grey or beige jumper with an old map of Melbourne city imprinted into it lightly.

The issue with this is it doesn’t go to the top of the design, and it would look way better with that.

I think the pattern is painted on a white structure at Princes Park. I took a photo of it when I last visited but I don't have a memory card reader so I can't check for sure.
Where and how recently? Never seen anything like it on there.

Brisbane, Adelaide... take the hint!

Nice looking jumper and love the shading idea on the monogram.
The crows watermarks are pretty much invisible when you are watching the game, no problem with them (besides the logo being watermarked) haven’t seen enough of Brisbane’s to comment.

VescioClashGuernsey.jpg

--------------

The navy looks darker

Where and how recently? Never seen anything like it on there.
It was painted this year, during or before July.
The building is in the circle. It is now fairly open there without the Heatley Stand.
upload_2017-12-13_16-29-9.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton-Womens-2018.gif

My version of the Carlton monogram with embossing
Not to be nitpicky, but at the end of the Cs and F, there are triangles that flare out. You can see them if you look really closely. Also the weaving is a bit off. The F shouldn't be "above" all of both Cs' arms.

ISC make women jumpers for every AFL club, whether that team has an AFLW team or not.
Separate things.
This is an AFL women's guernsey, not an AFLW guernsey.
Yes, thanks folks; I figured this out a bit later - lesson learnt is not to write posts when I'm not yet fully awake!

Of course I know that Freo did it last year, the point I was trying to make was that just because just because freo decided to use pink, doesn't make it right. There is no need for any team to add pink to their colour palette only for their womens team, it doesn't happen in the W-League (anymore) and it doesn't happen in the WBBL, the AFL really should ban it's use unless it is being used for a charitable purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back