News AFLW New Women's Jumpers for 2019

I want AFLW to work and not be seen as a tacky gimmick, and I'm sure the AFL do as well, so why dress them up as superheros??

GetAroundHim99

The World's Biggest Overreactor!
Apr 29, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Melbourne Storm, McLaren
Captain Marvel I believe (guessing).
I was going to say the same. And that's Marvel's Captain Marvel. Not the DC one who was renamed Shazam after the New 52 relaunch. Why was there two Captain Marvels? I don't know. XD #comicfacts

Also, that looks terrible but it's not anything new, Clubs have been selling out their jumpers since the Carlton Light Blue debacle of 1997. It's a thing in our game, Not a good thing in any way you slice it but it's a thing...

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Captain Marvel I believe (guessing).
That would be my guess as well, but it's not obvious at all.

Was there any backlash when the NRL did it a few years ago?
I'm not sure about any backlash as I didn't pay attention, but IMO NRL jumpers lend themselves more to these sorts of redesigns than AFL jumpers. I couldn't tell you why that is, though. Perhaps it's the fact the team is usually lined up alongside each other, so it doesn't matter how much detail there is because it mostly goes unnoticed?

That's the older article
Edit: I swear it links me to the announcement article

Same article, but a few lines at the front have been changed to announce that it's not going ahead. Thank goodness too, looks horrendous and is a complete sell-out by the AFL. At this rate, won't be long before Toyota is gone and we're playing for the 'XXXX Marvel AFL Premiership Season'. I had a feeling the renaming of Etihad to Marvel was going to lead to something like this

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Same article, but a few lines at the front have been changed to announce that it's not going ahead. Thank goodness too, looks horrendous and is a complete sell-out by the AFL. At this rate, won't be long before Toyota is gone and we're playing for the 'XXXX Marvel AFL Premiership Season'. I had a feeling the renaming of Etihad to Marvel was going to lead to something like this

Don't forget a potential Marvel themed round where the 6 teams playing on the one weekend at Docklands run around in Marvel themed guernseys

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Home Jumpers so far:
Adelaide-Womens-2019.gif
Brisbane-Womens-2019.gif

Carlton-Womens-2019.gif

Collingwood-Womens-2019.gif

Fremantle-Womens-2019.gif

A few changes for the 'pies

- Currently there's no front jumper sponsor
- The club logo has moved up level with the AFL logo and is centred across two stripes
- The jock tag is on the black side panel
- Three threes has been recently replaced as shorts sponsor. In the video from the photo day the shorts had a heat pressed logo, it's a bit unclear, but at guess the new one is the TAC's towards zero

upload_2018-12-22_15-27-11.png

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Is there an AFLW part of footyjumpers.com yet? Couldn't find it on the site.
Initially I put the AFLW under each club.
However, there was apparently an expectation that I would then include all of the AFLW jumpers.
My intention is to only do the Home, as is the case with the WAFL section.
Therefore I need to add that to each page that has the banner across the top.
There's 4800 pages. So it's been delayed while I have done the Round by Round uniforms for the AFL.
My mate from work has made a new format, which will eventually become footyjumpers.com and he's working on making one page for the banner headings across the top, and then have all of the jumper information looked up and presented based on what you're looking for.
But that will take time to get done.
What I am doing is maintaining them as they are released, so when the site is ready to present them, all of the graphics will be there.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Back