News AFLW New Women's Jumpers for 2019

Carlton Clash (Carlton website shop);
View attachment 600077 View attachment 600079View attachment 600081
Has a bit of an indigenous vibe, but there's no description explaining the design
That’s a nice looking jumper, shade of grey comes up real nice. Grey can work for them, it’s just that Nike are horseshit for footy. Might have to buy one for myself. I think the pattern is sort of based around how they are “pioneers of the women’s game” and their whole game changers thing they’ve got going on.

The jouneyman

Team Captain
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s a nice looking jumper, shade of grey comes up real nice. Grey can work for them, it’s just that Nike are horseshit for footy. Might have to buy one for myself. I think the pattern is sort of based around how they are “pioneers of the women’s game” and their whole game changers thing they’ve got going on.
Well dond blues great jumper

Looks like the work of Darcy Vescio - one of Carlton's AFLW players who is also a graphic designer for the club. It's unique, and unique designs are something that work for the AFLW.
Thought that too, clearly rates herself if she’s put herself on the front of the jumper too (in the middle, below the monogram)

Collingwood wore the white jumper/black short combo yesterday for their practice match against the Bulldogs (and btw no sponsor on the back, just like the front of their home when last sighted).

North were in the full white against Melbourne, which included donor names and vertical Tasmania text.

Adelaide wore the same Andrew McLeod-designed clash as the first two years, but with slightly different grey shades as well as a black background to the crow in the middle.
crows1%20-%20Copy_zpsqgyhqvyb.jpg

GWS wore last year's design as their clash option vs Brisbane. Think that covers all the news from the weekend.

Collingwood wore the white jumper/black short combo yesterday for their practice match against the Bulldogs (and btw no sponsor on the back, just like the front of their home when last sighted).

North were in the full white against Melbourne, which included donor names and vertical Tasmania text.

Adelaide wore the same Andrew McLeod-designed clash as the first two years, but with slightly different grey shades as well as a black background to the crow in the middle.
crows1%20-%20Copy_zpsqgyhqvyb.jpg

GWS wore last year's design as their clash option vs Brisbane. Think that covers all the news from the weekend.

Geelong wore the home jumper with white shorts vs Carlton (who wore their full home kit)

2019_01_18_AFLWPM_HERO3.png

Nothing too groundbreaking, but from the few photos I've seen it looks like the Ford logo is in the middle of the second hoop hoop for all of the jumpers, rather than all over the first three hoops as we saw on draft day

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
It appears that jumper numbers will not be added this year.

The Giants also wore last years home so I think they might be using that as their clash guernsey.

I hope Cotton On actually make proper long-sleeve jumpers, could be worth keeping an eye out for.

Cotton On came through.

Very Superman/ballerina-ish. I like it. However it will surely look pretty weird if other team mates are wearing short sleeves, because the shoulder panels for those are blue?

DSC_0366.jpg

Non-AFLW, but are the Lions the only team to have messed with the colour of their sleeves?
Definitely St Kilda, white sleeves from the 1930s-50s I reckon. Bulldogs sorta, they used to do the red and white stripe on the sleeve. And maybe you could include the Swans but I suppose it became a different jumper once they went with the red back.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I know this isn't a thread for 2020 however,

This appears to be St Kilda's AFLW guernsey pitcured on Saints Inaugural AFLW signing, Ali Brown. VFL Sponsor, Reflex Papers appears to be the Saints 2020 AFLW Sponsor.
1548736997543.png

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-01-29/aflw-saints-historic-first-signing

This could possibly be the template for the polo shirts next year pictured on West Coast AFLW Coaches. Looks like ECU and BHP are sponsors.
1548737439800.png

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2019-01-29/eagles-sign-first-aflw-players

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Wouldn't that be an away sponsor seeming its at Kardinia Park?

Depends whether they're flipping sponsors in the same way the Men's team do. Do you happen to know what the back sponsor is?

Also, the Optus logo looks very last minute as it's heat pressed on, it's in an awkward spot too

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Depends whether they're flipping sponsors in the same way the Men's team do. Do you happen to know what the back sponsor is?

Also, the Optus logo looks very last minute as it's heat pressed on, it's in an awkward spot too
Just have a bit of an educated guess here, but I have a feeling our home sponsor is CGU.

1549075506531.png

Optus is put below the CGU logo which is important when you consider that the other AFLW teams have their main home sponsor on top too.

1549075677627.png 1549075693773.png

See Adelaide and Brisbane for example.

Could be wrong but just looking at the pattern presented here I think it will be CGU.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Also, Sharni Layton playing AFLW now? What parallel universe is this o_O makes sense though to go from Netball to Footy. Good on her for trying something different.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
That looks pathetic.
I would have preferred the Yes logo used for the Melbourne Stars with a black background.
Also, Sharni Layton playing AFLW now? What parallel universe is this o_O makes sense though to go from Netball to Footy. Good on her for trying something different.
She retired from Netball last year. Seeing she played for the Collingwood Netball team it seems just sense for her to play for their AFLW team. She also worked on Bounce for Fox Footy and will be a boundary reporter at some of the AFLW games for Fox Footy.

They did flip sponsors in the last few seasons however I have seen the clash guernsey with CGU on the front so I guess this is the home

Back