Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
That looks pathetic.

They literally only put it on yesterday. All the promo shots have had CGU on the back with no front sponsor - I’m pretty sure that’s why the club logo sits where it sits, because once they figured out they weren’t gonna get a front sponsor, they put the logo there to “fill out” the guernsey.

Then maybe someone had the idea that perhaps it might look a little poor to go out in Rd 1 without a front sponsor. And ironically enough, they probably look more cheap by heatpressing on a tiny, poorly cropped sponsor than by not having one at all.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
These are the concepts I came up with that Collingwood could have done for Optus' sponsorship logo
1549083087392.png

These are the concepts I came up with that Collingwood could have done for Optus' sponsorship logo
View attachment 613864
Is that this year's guernsey though? The real problem like Gibbsy said is that they made the Collingwood logo bigger as they likely didn't expect to get a sponsor. My main issue with it is that the sponsor is so small that it pretty much looks like someone went down to officeworks, bought a bunch of name tags and printed optus on all of them. There's also no white space around it because the logo has to be a certain size obviously, and they can't add extra white around it because then it would go over the CFC logo.

Bottom middle out of your suggestions though would be the one we will most likely see for the 2020 season, not sure they would use the 'yes' mark without optus being on there too so I think those are ruled out assuming that CGU will still be the back sponsor.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Is that this year's guernsey though? The real problem like Gibbsy said is that they made the Collingwood logo bigger as they likely didn't expect to get a sponsor. My main issue with it is that the sponsor is so small that it pretty much looks like someone went down to officeworks, bought a bunch of name tags and printed optus on all of them. There's also no white space around it because the logo has to be a certain size obviously, and they can't add extra white around it because then it would go over the CFC logo.

Bottom middle out of your suggestions though would be the one we will most likely see for the 2020 season, not sure they would use the 'yes' mark without optus being on there too so I think those are ruled out assuming that CGU will still be the back sponsor.
Yes it is this years Guernsey however I did move the Collingwood logo up abit. Could they have placed the sponsor over the Collingwood logo and placed the Collingwood logo heat pressed smaller above the sponsor?

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Geelong's jumpers that were seen today look to be heat-pressed. I'd expect the jumpers we roll out in for Round 1 to look much more uniform. Some promo shoots show the logos in different spots, I'd say they were all put in the same spot on the jumper and not lined up with the hoops

View attachment 577583

Also, Geelong are going to wear a sugar daddy jumper (almost a carbon copy of the 'Our Ambition' jumper from 2016) in our inaugural match next year. Branded as a 'Pioneer Jumper' and featuring the names of all VFLW players and Women's Football Pioneer members

View attachment 577584
the text really makes the white light blue on the telly!

Geelong wore the home jumper with white shorts vs Carlton (who wore their full home kit)

2019_01_18_AFLWPM_HERO3.png

Nothing too groundbreaking, but from the few photos I've seen it looks like the Ford logo is in the middle of the second hoop hoop for all of the jumpers, rather than all over the first three hoops as we saw on draft day

Could Carlton’s AFLW jumpers outsell their Men’s ones, looks like they are a lot better quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
I dont know who should feel worse, Tasmanians, north supporters or the poor girls who had wear the 2nd worst jumper of all time
The logo looks like an ad for something.
It looks like one of those European hockey jerseys with sponsor logos all over it.
Even if Tasmanian Kangaroos is their nickname, it's too big on the front of the jumper.

BulldogsSquared

Draftee
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Those sleeves look weird all maroon on that design. Should either be blue or have blue shoulders with maroon sleeves.

Does anyone have the Tasmanian Kangaroos logo?
It's the text I am looking for.
I can put together the kangaroo and map of Tassie

Not sure if it's any help, but the font used for 'Tasmania' is the same used in the 'North' part of the regular logo, which I'm confident is 'XXII DONT-MESS-WITH-VIKINGS HARDCORE' (never heard of a font name like that before, but, there you go)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back